purchase unclaimed

poncho

Grand Master
in a nutshell:

newish seller

i paid for item

item is pending?

my paypal states purchase unclaimed buyer hasn't accepted yet

im assuming buyer has put in a incorrect email address?

advice amigos

regards

chris

lejackal

Grand Master
I've not seen that before but I did have a problem a while ago when I inadvertently sent money to my partners closed account as opposed to her new one. Had to make 2 or 3 phone calls and escalate the complaint to get the cash back and that was only for about £20.
I did end up getting hold of an executive email address and the email address for the executive complaints team. Let me know if you want them and I'll dig them out for you.

It may help if you get the seller to contact and tell them he told you .com instead of .co.uk for example.

Carl

MikeStrange

Padawan
I've had this before, it's because the seller entered an incorrect paypal address in the listing, so once you've sent payment the money gets stuck! Best to message the seller to relist the item with the correct paypal address.

I've only had experience as a seller though, not as a buyer.

Cheers, Mike

chewbaccadave

Jedi Knight
I think it's because he's a new seller and e-bay/paypal are checking him out (at least that's how I remember it when I started).
Easiest thing is to message him for his side of things before panicking too much,Dave.

stormcab

Sith Lord
Sounds like something that happened to me recently. I'm a cabby, and I got a customer to pay via Paypal on his phone. He showed me the screen screen with the confirmation that the payment was sent, and I received a text with a link to Paypal to claim the money. Claim? WTF? When I opened the link it just took me to Paypal, not any type of claim screen. There was no transaction in my account anyway. I emailed Paypal, and they confirmed it was a glitch, and that I should try deleting my mobile number from my account, and re-add it. I did, and my Paypal balance went up by the amount. Weirdly, the actual amount and transaction wasn't showing, so I switched to classic site and it was in there! Multi billion dollar company and simple transactions can't be handled. :(

Ian_C

Jedi Master
Was it sent in GBP to an overseas paypal account?

I've noticed that after selling a few items on here, if I am paid in GBP, I have to manually accept the payment. I think it's due to the currency conversion.

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom