Slick seal on a 12 back Kenner

e30318is

Sith Lord
Anyone ever seen a legit slick seal on a 12 back? I am watching one but the seal looks wierd. Only ever seen the slick seal on ROTJ Mexico and Palitoy cards. I thought all 12 backs had the waffle pattern :?

e30318is

Sith Lord
Jawa6.jpg

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Joe O once wrote " You can clearly see the waffle pattern in the picture above, there are some exceptions of Kenner not using the waffle pattern, some early Star Wars cards can be found without it I believe, also important to note, the waffle pattern is not present on many foreign to Kenner MOC figures (Trilogos in particular)"
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1110-vintage-moc-collecting-the-discussion-and-information-thread

no pictures: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t975724/
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t884905/

e30318is

Sith Lord
Thanks James, I am 50/50 on the legitimacy as it appears the one corner has lifted slightly:
Jawa7.jpg

Pretty cool as it is the bubble with the plastic insert behind the figure.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
If you're ever in any doubt at all, just walk away. There's thousands of these things out there, look for a better one!

Paul-itoy

Jedi Knight
I reckon the corner lifting is the result of the knock that creased the bubble. Not a huge issue, but will factor into the cost. The card looks legit to me.

Badderius

Jedi Knight
edd_jedi said:
If you're ever in any doubt at all, just walk away. There's thousands of these things out there, look for a better one!

Think that is the best advice ever. Walked away myself from a few deals as something didnt feel right, best to go with your gut instinct.

tigerham

Sith Lord
Hey Ed, I have 3 R2 MOC's. Palitoy, Kenner and Harbert. Harbert has the waffle and the other two have the slick and got both from good sources so certain they're legit. Here are the pics...

KR2.jpg

PR2.jpg

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I can make out a waffle print on that ed. It looks ok to me mate. The bottom corner could be lifting though. Looks like there there is excess plastic on that corner which is not helping.

On a side note I have seen slick bubbles on standard kenner made in Hong Kong rotj and esb cards. Not seen it on a star wars card though.

Hope this of some use.

Chris

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
I'm sure they're legit Ham I've just never had one in hand that's all mate. I'm sure Gary or Jason would be able to tell you whether they have seen a slick seal 12 back palitoy.

e30318is

Sith Lord
Thanks lads ;)

Great advice edd- There are plenty of sw jawa mocs out there so you like you said if you have any doubts move on!

Thanks for the pictures ham, I will have to have a closer look at some of my early cards to see if there are any other slick seals in there. The first major moc I bought was a Droids tig Fromm- and being mexican is slick sealed. I thought it was a fake as most starter guides on the net said the big thing to keep an eye out for is the waffle pattern.

I will be interested to hear some more opinions of hams cards. I am sure they are legit but it would be great to hear from some palitoy guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom