starting collecting

ianbrooke

Padawan
Hi all
First post on here and appreciate any help and advice anybody can offer

I would like to start collecting but have no idea where to start and am a little confused about all the aviations such as C.O.O and MOC etc
So i guess these are easy questions but i have never done anything like this before so have no idea at all

Thanks
Ian

itfciain

Grand Master
Hi Ian

Welcome to the forum - you have come to the right place to get started :D

In terms of the abbreviations you mention COO stands for Country of Origin - as the figures were produced in different countries. MOC stands for mint on card and is normally used to describe carded figures

Only you will know where you want to start - most go down the route of picking up a loose collection and then pathways differ - some look for loose variants, some move onto ships and vehicles and others move onto carded figures - choice is yours :lol:

There is a wealth of information on the boards so just fire up any questions that you have and I am sure someone will be able to help

jackabina

Sith Lord
Welcome Ian. Much depends on why you want to start collecting, and how much money you have to spend.
Are you collecting because it's a throwback to your youth?, is it for investment reasons?
Start small I say. Over time you'll know where you want to go with it. Good luck :wink:

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hi Ian

this thread might be of interest to you - http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13354

Welcome to the boards too :)

Whereabouts are you?

Liam :)

ianbrooke

Padawan
Hi

Thanks for the replies so far!
I have around £100 a month to spend.. not thinking about investment, it is a throwback to my youth and the fact that I can now that i am with someone now who does not frown and scowl at such things

I am in Bristol at the moment but hope to move to Manchester in the next year

Ian

jackabina

Sith Lord
Hang on!, you're with someone who doesn't frown on your hobbie :eek:
If you havn't already Ian, marry her. With £100 a month, you should be able to pick up some nice stuff quite quickly.

ianbrooke

Padawan
jackabina said:
Hang on!, you're with someone who doesn't frown on your hobbie :eek:
If you havn't already Ian, marry her. With £100 a month, you should be able to pick up some nice stuff quite quickly.

Don't give her any ideas!! Maybe that's the plan

Ian

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It starts with a handful of loose figures- next thing you know your in a bidding war for vintage 1977 R2-D2 bubble bath....

Well, it does for some of us.

Good luck- have fun.

ianbrooke

Padawan
I think it may have started already but am now on the right path!!

Am waiting for my mini Scalextric Star Wars battle set that i bought on Black Friday on Amazon yesterday to be delivered .. I know not vintage but had to have it at that price

Ian

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom