SWFUK Competition Part 1 - Live Draw and Winner!

Lee77

Sith Lord
Well done Chris. Hope you get something cool. I'm looking forward to the next draw already.

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Hey guys, I've gotta say a huge thank you to edd for organising this competition but also to all of you for taking part. I will not bow out after winning don't worry. I will put my self forward for next month and pay my fiver but if I win I am happy for the draw to be done again in order to share the wealth.

I know its a bit cliched saying I never win anything but I really dont so I'm literally over the moon.

Thanks to everyone who took part. It's really brightened the end of a tough week.

SWFUK forever!!!!

Chris.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Cheers Chris, I'm glad it's going to a good home. Keep your eyes peeled over the next week or so for details of the prize :)

And as Chris said, thanks to everyone who entered, it's all of you that made this possible.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
If this is going to be an ongoing monthly comp is it worth having a new topic just for people to add pics of there winning pieces??? Or just whack them in with latest acquisitions??

When you starting the next one Edd??

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
On the subject of prizes I was wondering if people would take offence to me putting the prize money towards a purchase I have been working on for a while now. I only have a few monthly installments left to pay on it and this money would really help move me towards the finish line... and before anyone asks: yes it is a 3 pack! :wink:

Chris.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
NO, NO, NO! not allowed, Edd's rules stipulated the prize money was to be spent on a MOC chosen by him!!

:lol: :lol: ok by me, those 3 packs are pain to get so if this helps you pay off money to get another one its a thumbs up from me. I suppose the decision is down to Edd though.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:
On the subject of prizes I was wondering if people would take offence to me putting the prize money towards a purchase I have been working on for a while now. I only have a few monthly installments left to pay on it and this money would really help move me towards the finish line... and before anyone asks: yes it is a 3 pack! :wink:

Chris.

I'm on the fence about it, I entered this because of the "mystery", made it more of a fun thing.
If it's an option of taking the cash to do what you want I may not enter anymore. I can understand the option for cash for the guys down under,
but changing the prize after the draw is a bit dodgy imo, feels like you're giving the fiver away then, if you get my drift.
Nothing against you Chris, but I feel this should be cleared up before the comp. starts.

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Think we need Edd to pitch in here. It does take the mystery away from it which is what makes it so fun. Had more of a think about this, its a difficult one, Im ok with Chris taking the money as it would go towards an absolutely mega piece like a 3 pack, but on the other hand, the whole point of the comp was for Edd to spend the money on 1 or a few MOC which you wouldnt have a clue what they were until the parcel turned up on your doorstep. As much as it would help fund other projects we all have, I think it should be spent by Edd as the rules said.

As Tundra said, nothing against Chris at all as I would love him to further his 3 pack collection, but I can see the whole thing falling apart if we start taking the money instead of the 'mystery' prize.

My 2 cence anyway after thinking which made my brain hurt. :lol:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Congrats Chris well done :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well done to everyone who entered for putting up a great prize fund and thanks to Edd for being a darling and doing all the hard work :D :D

I'm gonna sit on the fence (like all good cowards do :oops: ) for now on the decision with what to do with the prize fund...

Dublinjeff

Grand Master
Echo a bit what Tundra has said, I think chaging the prize format after the draw may get some lads backs up :? , I know there was a good bit of discussion about this before the draw was set in motion.......I thought the whole idea was to get an unknown MOC arriving through the post, if we can put the prize money towards a focus instead, my missus would have me focusing on fixing the shower tray :roll:

Nothing against the winner, just I feel, if the comp is to continue, I would prefer it to be a prize as was the decision made at the outset:D

By the way this was a fix.............. :lol:

Joe

Grand Master
If Edd buys wisely - Chris can flip the buy and use the cash for whatever he wants :lol:

Honestly though, I'd rather see a prize bought, wrapped, sent and unveiled to round off the competition as it would just make this all the cooler for the rest of us who did take part (we all did so wanting to win some vintage after all)

Not that I doubt whatever Chris is paying off is fan dabby dozy I just think it would be cool to see a gift bought with the funds and then Chris is free to do whatever he wants with it after we all see it :)

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm more than happy to buy an item with the money of course. ill keep you updated on what I decide on. Thanks again.

Chris.

poncho

Grand Master
congrats chris btw 8)

what was the total prize fund in the end? i did like the idea of a random vintage piece being sent out to the winner.

Jez

Sith Lord
I have already congratulated Chris, but considering part of the prize was my stake, i am entitled to give my 2 pence worth also...

... I understand every ones comments so far. Yes the whole idea of the mystery added to the fun of the competition and this was entirely in the spirit of Ed's idea.

There would be nothing wrong with a bit of an "Alan Sugar flip" in order to spare funds for a future purchase.

I think it would be nice to see a comp winning submission in the LA thread followed by an entry in the "For Sales" thread.

Once again, thanks Ed, congrats Chris, did anyone else have the feeling that this time was their time?

What i told you was true, from a certain point of view...

Josh

Sith Lord
Caswellbot said:

Chris.

:lol:

Caswellbot said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm more than happy to buy an item with the money of course. ill keep you updated on what I decide on. Thanks again.

Chris.

You don't get to decide on what to buy, Chris. Edd buy's the item for you if you win. It is totally up to his discretion. You can offer some suggestions which it can go towards. Whether he chooses to use them is up to him though. It just has to fit into the budget of the prize winnings + postage. That is how I read it anyway.
This is why I aint going in it. For a start I am sure he would shop harder for some, and not others. I have no doubt about it. Like if Joe O won, he would get him what he wanted, but say if some pleb like me won, he wouldn't give a ****. He would be lying if he says otherwise, and quite frankly, no offence, but he is the last person I would want shopping for me anyway :lol:
But it's just another 5 quid that is going to be missing from the pot each time though. Simply because you don't give members the choice.

*I can totally see why Chris would want to put the money towards something like his 3 pack focus myself.

Congrats to Chris and good luck to everyone who gets involved in the next one. Hopefully it can be more user friendly in the future. 8)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom