The Battle of Britain at Pinewood Studios

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi chaps,
For the last element of the Running Stormtrooper project, Pinewood Studios have offered me their lovely cinema 'John Barry Theatre' for an evening.
They have agreed to show a film of my choice (not Lucasfilm), they will waive the fee and allow me to charge what I want. They have also agreed to stock the licensed bar and give all bar profits and ticket sale monies to my 2 charities. Very nice.

Well to honour both Pinewood and the Royal Air Force I have decided to show the iconic movie 'The Battle of Britain'. This choice is particularly special for me as production began on the film in 1968 at Pinewood Studios, and this year marks the 100th anniversary of the RAF.

Here is the deal: Tickets are £20 each, for that you get to walk up the red carpet leading up to the John Barry theatre, you get a free drink and canapés on arrival, and you get to watch a classic movie which hasn't been seen on the big screen for years. I can only imagine the sound of the Merlin engines being played through the incredible sound system of the John Barry cinema. It's going to look and sound amazing!

All money goes to Make A Wish UK and Spread A Smile UK. This is absolutely the last charity event for me this year.
The event is on Wednesday the 8th of August. The film will be finished by 10.30 p.m at the latest.

A link would now be handy: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-battle-of-britain-at-pinewood-studios-tickets-47567818626

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom