The forum is silent

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
I can't turn off the reactions, I can remove them to just one, but what fun is that?

Good to see you all active on the site again!

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think if people are aware of the need to post, rather than just 'like' it should be ok.

Maybe add it to forum guidelines, post a reminder etc.?

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I think if people are aware of the need to post, rather than just 'like' it should be ok.

Maybe add it to forum guidelines, post a reminder etc.?
I don't think many read the guidelines :unsure: but maybe we should get blackbeard to send more pm out to all members maybe 1 time every month or something like that :unsure: I also think people are where the action is if they are happy on the forum. So the more we write and the more we are here. More members will come back and also new members, I think :unsure:

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah on the like button, I think it's down to us as individuals to stop being lazy and post more. Would be a shame to lose the option of the like button completely.

laurencedyer

Jedi Knight
Hi guy's and girls, thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone.

Like many have already said SWFUK was the first place I found as a community when I came into the hobby and through buying and selling and interaction on the various threads I not only increased my knowledge within allsorts of different collecting avenues I met a whole load of like minded people with many becoming lifelong friends.

My collecting has scalled right down in the last few year's so I have not really been active in the hobby of late but I do log on to the forum every now and again over the last few years thinking to myself it was sad that the forum had appeared to have had it's day.

I'm glad to see this post / thread and that it seems to have spawned a little life back into the forum.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi guy's and girls, thought I'd say a quick hello to everyone.

Like many have already said SWFUK was the first place I found as a community when I came into the hobby and through buying and selling and interaction on the various threads I not only increased my knowledge within allsorts of different collecting avenues I met a whole load of like minded people with many becoming lifelong friends.

My collecting has scalled right down in the last few year's so I have not really been active in the hobby of late but I do log on to the forum every now and again over the last few years thinking to myself it was sad that the forum had appeared to have had it's day.

I'm glad to see this post / thread and that it seems to have spawned a little life back into the forum.
Great to see you here on the forum again (y)

lee gray

Sith Lord
In a nutshell, Colin! I've recently deactivated my FB, because of the aimless scrolling, FOMO and utter bullshit from so many people- even my friends! Awful that so many people spend their days like that. Who says Happy Birthday to their son/daughter/other half on Facebook, when they live in the same house? The whole thing is ridiculous!
I must admit when someone posts happy birthday to someone they live with its odd

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi folks. I didn't know where to comment. I'm not sure even if i should start a new thread but based on all of this discussion and the great work which is being done to keep the forum going i just wanted to say that on the latest episode of Generation Skywalker's: Those Old Fossils (the Vintage Collecting show) we discuss the forum in depth.

3 of the 4 of us on the recording reminisce about the past and speculate as to why people drifted to Facebook, however I then go on to explain about some of the threads which have caught my eye and how being back on the forum felt strangely comforting and safe. Far less narcissistic than some facebook groups feel and much more wholesome.

I have since left loads of facebook groups and/or turned off the notifications for them, i don't miss them!

The conversation included highlighting the wide variety of content and discussion on here. We even seemed to turn Craig into a believer, he's never joined any forums before. I'm hoping that some of our listeners who have never been here before might join and get involved.

The show isn't out yet, maybe later today but i just wanted to give you the heads up that there is a whole section on the forum threads and a bit of promotion for it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi folks. I didn't know where to comment. I'm not sure even if i should start a new thread but based on all of this discussion and the great work which is being done to keep the forum going i just wanted to say that on the latest episode of Generation Skywalker's: Those Old Fossils (the Vintage Collecting show) we discuss the forum in depth.

3 of the 4 of us on the recording reminisce about the past and speculate as to why people drifted to Facebook, however I then go on to explain about some of the threads which have caught my eye and how being back on the forum felt strangely comforting and safe. Far less narcissistic than some facebook groups feel and much more wholesome.

I have since left loads of facebook groups and/or turned off the notifications for them, i don't miss them!

The conversation included highlighting the wide variety of content and discussion on here. We even seemed to turn Craig into a believer, he's never joined any forums before. I'm hoping that some of our listeners who have never been here before might join and get involved.

The show isn't out yet, maybe later today but i just wanted to give you the heads up that there is a whole section on the forum threads and a bit of promotion for it.
(y)

Latest posts

Top Bottom