Thinking about selling up

Ron

Sith Lord
As it says guys am thinking about selling up. I just got really bored with the hobby. Got to the stage now. Just cant be arsed spending lots of money on plastic and cardboard

Grant

Sith Lord
Ron Im the same. Iv quit RS and Im quiting here too. Completely bored of the hobby to say the least.
Id like to wish all the guys here all the best.... Its been emotional. :wink:

Grant. 8)

Joe

Grand Master
The hobby doesn't have to be expensive to get enjoyment out of it Ron, I haven't bought anything for weeks now apart from a few dollars worth of loose figures and a baggie.

Maybe you just never found anything that interests you fully? Spending untold amounts of money on random figures would I imagine leave you feeling a bit empty, no attachment , no hunt, no fulfillment.

I guess I am in a different situation with regards to budget as well, Scrimping and saving for a piece I want gives me quite a bit of satisfaction once I can buy it but also it means that I don't always manage to pick up the pieces I want due to not having the money, in turn it still keeps me hunting.

If I see an expensive figure on ebay and had the funds to buy it that very same moment I guess the fun would be gone for me.

Perhaps you should sell up and give yourself a stricter budget once you come back to the game?

Ron

Sith Lord
Joe i dont just buy random figures. I have had a few focus on the go. I have been collecting now 6-7 years. Been bored of it before sold everything. It got to the stage now. Just dont want to spend any money on bits of plastic and cardboard. I have been comming on here less and less. The past few months. Just got to the stage now. I have no intrest in star wars

plantman

Sith Lord
Thats a shame Ron, im sure you'll get the urge back.

Its quite good fun selling and starting again to be honest, the chase is a massive part of the fun.

I buy and sell stuff so at least i am trying to make a little bit of profit whilst still enjoying having a foot in the hobby.

Andy

Joe

Grand Master
Well I wish you all the best Ron, if its not fun any more then move on and enjoy another hobby :)

All the best mate, perhaps a sell up might be the best choice.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
You will be sorry when the bug hits you to collect again, but then there is the fun of re-buying and searching for a new collection. I still love you though Ron and your totally sexy in a Kilt. :lol: :wink:

burnsy

Sith Lord
I know you've not been on here a lot recently Ron and I was worried this may be coming from you soon. I know you've been thinking about your focus and I thought you were putting together your loose run again?

Don't sell up mate, you've got some amazing pieces that form part of a very unique collection. We all know it has been very quiet on here recently but the TIG forum is buzzing and this may inject some fun back into collecting. Take a look over there.

I'll pm you later mate

Stu

Ron

Sith Lord
Stu I have just totally lost intrest in the hobby. I did start a loose set. Collected the first 21. But just no intrest in collecting the rest. If i sell up that will be it never collecting again. Because i know it would take me years to achive the same collection. Just got way to much tied up in plastic and cardboard

burnsy

Sith Lord
I understand what you're saying mate, you've got a lot of wedge tied up in toys.

Would hate to see you leave the hobby, you would be missed.

I'll bell you tomorrow.

Grant, you seriously thinking of selling up to?

spoons

Grand Master
sorry to hear that Ron, I've been thinking along those lines too recently but I'm just thinning out my collection and i'm going to see how I feel after that

I think Joe summed it up well, but if you're fed up why not sell up - nothing is irreplaceable

Ron

Sith Lord
burnsy said:
I understand what you're saying mate, you've got a lot of wedge tied up in toys.

Would hate to see you leave the hobby, you would be missed.

I'll bell you tomorrow.

Grant, you seriously thinking of selling up to?

Grant has asked me to ban him from the forum. He will no be back on

Badboybez1

Padawan
When I came on here I set myself a target of collecting a minty loose run. Sort of did that in just over a year - I've a couple of 'repro' weapons in there and missing one or two bits (weapons) but to be honest not that fussed - also got a couple of the wider known variants big head, little head, hair colour, short mouth, long mouth etc.
So at the moment I'm not actively collecting but I think that is just one part of the hobby - coming on here has really opened my eyes on what is out there in other peoples collections and mostly I'm astounded on the finds and the prices!
As I said I'm not collecting anymore but selling my collection has not entered my head - it's displayed nicely and the thought of selling it and then down the line having to collect it all again fills me with dread :shock:
God I've rambled - think what I'm saying is, guys just take a break - if you don't need to sell for the funds keep the collections, stay on the site as there's always somebody who says twatish things to liven things up or a new seller thinking his Luke Skywalker that he has found in his loft can be his pension fund , and there's a good banter feel on here.

spoons

Grand Master
My reason for partly selling up because of Plantman's insurance databse. It is fantastic but really made me realise how much I've got tied up in these old toys, most of which are hidden away or piled up on a wardrobe.

I've just replaced my kitchen so I thought I'd sell some stuff to pay for that. Anyone want any 12" or die-cast :wink:

Ron

Sith Lord
Going to start listing the stuff i dont want in my collection first. Then see what happens. I dont need to sell up. But just think i got to much tied up in it

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Ron and Grant very sorry to hear this but you must do what you think is right of course (no reference)

Even if you sell up a lot of your collections i hope you pop in to the different forums from time to time to say hi.

Either way good luck guys with whatever you do

Jay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom