Thinking about selling up

Scorpio

Padawan
i have lost the passion for collecting my banned films at the moment, but **** will i sell up - i only need 2 for the lot and considering only 20 or so full collections exist (worldwide), i would be mad to give up, soclose to the goal

i hope you both have a change of heart

stevemac1976

Jedi Master
There are a load of people selling uop and getting out of the hobby.

I came very close to it a few weeks ago but i think this was due to the fact that i am out of work and could not actually buy anything. So i took some time to have a think about what i really wanted to do and my final decision was to sell off a few peices that no longer did it for me. In fact that was my whole chewie proof card run. I have now sorted deals on all of them and it has got me focused again.

I have now basically paid off a credit card that i needed to sort and it has left me with a little play money. I limelighted my new clipper MOC the other day and to be honest i was so excited about that one. I have also bought another item tonight so cant wait to get that one as well.

All i can say is that if your heart is no longer in it then maybe it is time to move on but have a serious think about it. You may regret it.

Steve

browny

Jedi Master
I hope you and grant decide to stick with the collecting as you are both collectors who are honest,polite and respectful.

It would be a shame for collecting as a whole if you both knock it on the head.

I wish you both well either way though.

Cheers stef.

poncho

Grand Master
i keep interested in refusing too invest big money. Ive been hunting for trilogo unpainted knee fett for a few years now! not wanting to spend more than 20 pounds i found one last week buyitnow on the bay! :)

Lee Gregory

Sith Lord
Just read this thread and such a shame to see Ron and Grant selling up and moving on. It would be nice if you could still pop in from time to time,the reason I've always posted on this site is it's not all about collecting there is a load of good banter and taking the piss out of each other.

Grant,Ron you'll be sorely missed :(

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ron said:
Joe i dont just buy random figures. I have had a few focus on the go. I have been collecting now 6-7 years. Been bored of it before sold everything. It got to the stage now. Just dont want to spend any money on bits of plastic and cardboard. I have been comming on here less and less. The past few months. Just got to the stage now. I have no intrest in star wars

Exactly how I'm feeling at the minute as well Ron. TBH the last two years I've had bog all interest in collecting. I've only picked up a few bits. I'm in the process of thinning out the collection ATM. Still undecided if I will flog it all or not.

Ron

Sith Lord
The stuff i have listed here on the forum is all stuff. I can live with out having regrets about selling it. Still unsure about my palitoys

jayjedi

Sith Lord
i laid off a year or so ago and thought about selling up but it does come back to you lads. the thing is i have a full collection of carded figs now and am running out of room with the ships, but i do love them and have started getting all the old dinky spaceships i used to have as a kid. i dont look at it as " collecting " but as an investment, for 3 years i had been putting money into an nat wast savings bond, when we moved house i went to cash it in and discovered it was only worth £1100 which had lost £700 :evil: so thought **** it i will invest in something fun and that doesn't lose money, if you dont pay stupid money for items then you shouldn't lose on them and they look a lot better than a statement printed on a piece of paper

20backdPb

Jedi Knight
Ron, good luck for the future mate, I have to admit i have lost interest in collecting Star Wars figures and have been focusing on my vinyl record collecting. I have thought about selling up but at the moment i just cant do it without having the chance to display and enjoy them.
The problem at the moment is i have knowhere to display my collection so do not get to enjoy them, which is probably the reason why i have lost interest in them.

BatintheBelfry

Padawan
It's always a shame when someone leaves the hobby for whatever reason. Especially as you both have some of the finest collections I've seen. But I guess if the fire isn't there anymore there's not alot you can do. I'd certainly be tempted to keep hold of those items which mean the most to you.

Like a lot of the guys have said, it won't be the same round here without you both. But hopefully you'll pop in now and again to say hi.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Like many here i've considered selling up too.

when the joy has gone it is difficult to justify having all that money tied up in something that gives you nothing in return.

It may come back, so hopefully you won't rush into anything and sell things off slowly. That might help get some of the feeling back.

But either way, you are both decent guys and will be a loss to the hobby. Ic an still rmember helping Ron with his Palitoy set. 8)

Hopefully you will still hang around here with all the other misfits ;-) :wink:

Ron

Sith Lord
still unsure to sell the palitoys. I have had a lot of intrest in them. I just cant justify spending the money to complete the collection of 12/20 backs at the moment. Am thinking about going and doing some property developing

AndyG

Jedi Knight
I'd just sell the peripheral stuff and go from there. A deal might come up for the Palitoys you are after next week (you never know). Once you've got rid of the stuff that you no longer want you can re-assess, sell more or do whatever then.

I haven't been active much in the last year but I'm happy with what I've got and just need a few items (that hardly ever come up) to fill a few holes. I've also had enough of dealing with dickhead Americans being twats on deals and as the £v$ is poor I've been buying very little from the US anyway.

AndyG

Jedi Knight
Of course not all Americans are dickheads just the majority of the ones I've dealt with in the last 18 months. As we've never dealt you are in the clear :D

Josh

Sith Lord
Yup I agree..Todd is just an arsehole :)
Some of those RS guys...usually the more well known ones are the worst people I have ever dealt with.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
It's been a year and my lust hasn't come back yet. All the money's long gone though :oops:

I'm sure you'll be happy whatever you decide, as has been said nothing is irreplaceable.

Ron

Sith Lord
I know nothing is irreplaceable. But if a sell my palitoys. There is no way i would collected them again. Have the fun is owning what you want

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom