TIG......making money out of pictures from fellow members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
So this John guy is saying that because he bought the website from the founder he has ownership of every photo put on the site and can do how he pleases with them?

Can anyone tell me what SWFUK policy is regarding copyright and intelectual property ownership? Despite being new and having little to contribute, I think if i was a member on TIG, after an arrogant statement like that i'd log out and never come back.

theslider

Sith Lord
It'll get to the stage that people will watermark every photo they upload.

But better to have that than have people ripping others off left right and centre.

momike

Jedi Master
I don't get what all the fuss is about tbh, it's not like the guys going to make much money out of it, i mean who is going to pay that when the info is out there already

darthberizing

Padawan
Guys - I can't keep up on three sites. So I'm going to make is brief but give me time to reply.

1) That PM Wolff is posting is from a while ago and has NOTHING to do with App. Absolutely nothing

2) Joe O is wrong, Jay did barely anything when Wolff scammed Chris Prince. Chris B and ran point and spent days upon days because Wolff was intertwined with the site. My "defending him" was based on Wolff's personal reactions surrounding being caught. He can go into it, I won't embarrass him here.

3) The Imperialgunneryforum doesn't own any pictures. If you're a member, you own the content. The Imperialgunnery used pictures donated. Once there, they belong to the site. Not me, the site. I'm merely the current custodian. The App is part of that as well.

4) The photos are clearly the same as the main site. Why? Because I'm not hiding anything. I wasn't covering up , or trying to hide, anyone's work. You'd have to be a fool to not look at the app,then the site, and not see they're the same.The main site also gives full watermark and credit.

In short, there is nothing I'm hiding. This wasn't a cover up, this wasn't some underhanded plot.It's obviously the same photos, which when viewed in full on the site give credit properly.

Sorry guys, I'm not sitting here with a monocle and cat laughing like MUWHAHAHAH

darthberizing

Padawan
BTW - If Wolff wants to watermark the cropped pics I have no issue with this. Again, this wasn't meant to be something shady.

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
darthberizing said:
Guys - I can't keep up on three sites. So I'm going to make is brief but give me time to reply.

1) That PM Wolff is posting is from a while ago and has NOTHING to do with App. Absolutely nothing
[...

PM?? That was a public post dude:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7313-the-thing-with-the-pictures-opinions-please

I would not make pms public!! Am I named John??

(PS: Dont try to delete it...I have a sreenshot! ;) )

darthberizing

Padawan
BTW - Todd I haven't taken down a single post and have instructed everyone not to touch anything (short of one very person subject about Wolff himself)

darthberizing

Padawan
wbobafett said:
darthberizing said:

[...

PM?? That was a public post dude:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t7313-the-thing-with-the-pictures-opinions-please

I would not make pms public!! Am I named John??

(PS: Dont try to delete it...I have a sreenshot! ;) )

PM or Quote, it has nothing to do with the App.

And I leave what I post, good or bad. I don't paint over it

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
It was brought up by other TIG members....nt by myself....so I am reacting!

aussiejames said:
Wolff your request to remove pictures has always been about the CoO guide? Which has been addressed many times.
"I am BTW disspaointed to the limit from you AJ." Long time friends don't always have to agree. What makes you think I'm no longer a good guy?
In an attempt to be respectful I have not said much because many things deserve to remain private.

No...it wasn't mainly about the COO pics...the pics that YOU....yeah...I know that AJ....*shock*...."improved" with the TIG sign!
You know what I mean...don't you???

I BTW gave them to Jay to upload them on RS!!! I have proof for that!! I gave them to the community....I wanted him to upload them again on RS while I was hiding.....and he used my circumstances to upload them ONLY on TIG! These are STOLEN.....from the very first minute! AJ...YOU helped to STEEL them...YOU helped to MODIFY them!!!

TIG PIC:
c9bj1ur6a.jpg

MY ORIGINAL:
c9bj1ur6.jpg

But it was not only about those pics! If you think so Jay and John lied to you!!!

itfciain

Grand Master
All this seems really sad really. TIG is very informative and all of the contributions that guys have made over the years make it the resource it is. People like Wollf have clearly contributed to this and should be applauded for that.

When JP first mentioned an App my first thoughts were are we going to see an end to the free access to this resource but this is clearly not the case. I also can't see how JP is going to make huge sums of money out of this - as others have said - however cool the App is - people will still be able to access the free pages with an internet connection

Perhaps the only thing that should have been done is a quick message sent out to all contributors before the App was released asking if it was OK to use the pictures - I can't see to many people having a problem with that

My biggest fear now is an over-reaction from all contributors and the removal of pictures from TIG - this can only hurt the hobby - in addition - there needs to be additional clarification for potential contributors in the future so that they know where they stand

At the end of the day a resource like this is so important that I would hate to for the community to lose it like this

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
What goes around, comes around. What's all the fuss about nobody making any money on someone else's back.

Agree with last post.

darthberizing

Padawan
Iain

It's absolutely not going to make money. I wanted to launch it on IOS but will need $600 to do it. for now I have a workaround though.

Just to be clear, here's the full site with Wolff and others getting their kudos

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/tigstaffcontributors.htm

Here's the Nein Numb full page

http://www.imperialgunnery.com/pilotblasters.htm

Wolff is clearly acknowledged in both and will continue to be, along with everyone else. This is just on the app which was cropped. The App also encourages people to come to the full site. It also thanks everyone who contributed to TIG (granted it's not name by name but I'd do that) but I'm guessing nobody actually took the time to check

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
John be honest!

Since when does this exist:
http://www.imperialgunnery.com/tigstaffcontributors.htm

And whom to thank?? I asked for a contributors list OVER years for all guys that contributed! YOU always denied! It just happend (2013/14?)! But the site is up since 2009!!

You are such a direct lair, that I sometimes think you really do belive in your words an actions

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
hahaha...yeah......you truely believe that!! :lol:

It could be years...but I still asked for it over years! it doiesnt matter if it was 2012 or 13...it matters that you would have NEVER come up with this on your own!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because in your world: its only about John!!

darthberizing

Padawan
Says the guys who needs all the attention. Ironic

If the app were free would you even care? I'll make the app 100% free right now as is. Show me what a big man you are. Since you don't need it to be "All about Wolff"

Say the word, 100% free

wbobafett

Jedi Knight
DarthBerizing said:
For the love of mike.....................

Okay, first off all of the pics are on TIG. Every photo is cropped tight so I could build the app in a format that worked. That's it, no dark super secret back door shenanigans. As for this huge profit making machine, dream on. Forget that the app took 200hrs to build (so no "true" cost), I won't even make enough money to cover the expenses for TIG for a year subscription. I'm not taking this money and rolling around in cash.

It's an App, that uses pics from my site, that are condensed.

Wolff - I'll make it easy. If you want to submit pics with your watermark right across the weapons i'll put those up in place. Just match the overall sizing. I have no issue with it at all. I'd rather distance myself from you because plenty of people remember you painted rare figures to rip off fellow collectors, but if it means that much to you I really don't care. I've never removed your watermark from the sites photos have I ? No, because I gave credit where it was due.

jeez............................

DarthBerizing said:
As I said on TIG , these aren't the same thing at all.

Philip decided that any pics are his. Wolff knowingly donated the photo to TIG. There was no ambiguity that he was giving the picture to TIG. It's now TIG property. Any photo that is posted in forum is the users and he/she can pull them down at any point.

In short, Wolff gave the photo. And again (as it bears repeating) every photo was cropped down to size to fit into the small format.

Everyone, stop looking for a conspiracy, there isn't one

Again:

jjiy1a2lb.jpg

Cut off parts (please note the shadows ;) ):

jjiy1a2lc.jpg

Originals:

jjiy1a2la.jpg

Yupp...have to agree...these wre just cropped for the app format.....of course NOT to cut away watermarks.....no....how could I ever think of that??? DOOOOOhhhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom