UKG reject Palitoy BSG - Buyer now wants refund!!

plantman

Sith Lord
now that its clarified its up to you to decide if a partial refund is acceptable or not, for me personally i would try and do right, accept a return or negotiate?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Now that the facts are out hopefully he'll be reasonable about it just as you are offering to. If he wants a full or partial refund it's perfectly fair that the money is gone so may take you some time to get it together, perhaps you could trade it for something of similar value? Although I agree you should try and help him out, it was an honest mistake so I don't think you should feel too bad or be screwed over because of it. I mean does that now give you the right to pursue whoever you bought it from!?

I guess the first thing to establish is whether he's happy with a partial refund, and if not get him to send it back to you, then go from there. It's still a rare figure so the touch ups won't knock that much value off it (and I'm talking about its actual value, not hypothetical AFA tax added.)

chazb73

Sith Lord
edd_jedi said:
Now that the facts are out hopefully he'll be reasonable about it just as you are offering to. If he wants a full or partial refund it's perfectly fair that the money is gone so may take you some time to get it together, perhaps you could trade it for something of similar value? Although I agree you should try and help him out, it was an honest mistake so I don't think you should feel too bad or be screwed over because of it. I mean does that now give you the right to pursue whoever you bought it from!?

I guess the first thing to establish is whether he's happy with a partial refund, and if not get him to send it back to you, then go from there. It's still a rare figure so the touch ups won't knock that much value off it (and I'm talking about its actual value, not hypothetical AFA tax added.)

Thanks again guys - been feeling terrible about it (feeling slightly sick actually) Hopefully we can both sort something out

escapist

Jedi Knight
Keep us updated. It's an honest mistake and at least everything is cleared up! We do tend to jump to the worst conclusions here though!!! hahah

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Andy this happens a lot so dont feel bad.

I bought a 2-1B and Bossk MOCs last year. Received them and like the guy who bought your figure was very happy with them. Wasnt until a few days latter when I was taking photo's I noticed touch up marks in the light on them. I e-mailed him and he was very apologetic and said he didnt know they had been done. He offered a refund but I kept them as I got them for a good price and still love them. Obviously not talking the sort of money this went for but its one of those things, unless you are actually looking for certain things, no matter how much you study a card, they are easily missed.

Hope you get it sorted mate and hope the guy stays civil with it.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Andy if you do not have the cash, maybe you can make a deal. When you get it back from him, you can place it fast on ebay again and when it is sold and you have received the money from the new buyer. Then you can give him his money back :wink:

Good luck Andy :D

spoons

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Hi Andy if you do not have the cash, maybe you can make a deal. When you get it back from him, you can place it fast on ebay again and when it is sold and you have received the money from the new buyer. Then you can give him his money back :wink:

that is a very good idea :)

chazb73

Sith Lord
Pomse2001 said:

Have just emailed the buyer suggesting this Lars - thanks :D

Christian

Jedi Master
Mate - phone eBay customer services and explain what is going on. Also AFA will gladly provide information to any of their customers when requested - it's part of their service to authenticate.

Just as an aside as well - are you saying that your buyer within 3 weeks has bought and received your 30bk BSG within the UK, then sent to AFA and had them look at it within this timescale. AFA are currently running 3-4 weeks behind on their submissions. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Ultimately though if the buyer does provide evidence of marker touch up then a refund would be appropriate. However, as it would have been his/her choice to send to AFA then those associated costs are theirs to bear.

IMHO - get eBay on your side and request the proof - you should be fine if the piece is genuinely untouched.

Good luck.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
chazb73 said:
Pomse2001 said:

Have just emailed the buyer suggesting this Lars - thanks :D

No problem mate :wink:

spoons

Grand Master
Christian said:
Mate - phone eBay customer services and explain what is going on. Also AFA will gladly provide information to any of their customers when requested - it's part of their service to authenticate.

Just as an aside as well - are you saying that your buyer within 3 weeks has bought and received your 30bk BSG within the UK, then sent to AFA and had them look at it within this timescale. AFA are currently running 3-4 weeks behind on their submissions. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Ultimately though if the buyer does provide evidence of marker touch up then a refund would be appropriate. However, as it would have been his/her choice to send to AFA then those associated costs are theirs to bear.

IMHO - get eBay on your side and request the proof - you should be fine if the piece is genuinely untouched.

Good luck.

might want to read the whole thread Christian :wink:

chazb73

Sith Lord
Christian said:

Good luck.

Thanks for your input Christain

Yes - there does seem to be very small ink marks on the card - I think visible under UV light - as both myself and the buyer didnt notice until it was sent to UK graders (initailly understood this was the AFA) The buyer had sent me an email saying he was very happy with the purchase - hence the cash is now gone - hope to work things out

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Really Soz to hear what happened Pal! It can sometimes take a keen experienced eye to spot marker pen touch up that has been expertly applied!

You still have a nice rare piece there(if buyer returns), I mean lets face it, before these professional grading companies existed a little discreet restoration was never a big crime!!

Good luck with it all.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom