Variant Guides

.Q.

Jedi Master
Yes, it seems Landos locker has gone, but let's hope it will return, even as an 'archived' site sort of thing.

Collecting again after all these years started after digging out and cleaing up my old stuff. Looked around for some info for matching up accessories and quickly discovered there was a massive quantity of differences, not just the more obvious ones I'd noticed e.g. open / turtle neck Leia Bespin. As most of the variants are fairly commonplace, and as I'm not hugely condition sensitive, it's a very cheap way of enjoying the hobby.

The thrill for me as a kid was getting a figure and adding it to my set, which now has grown to about 200 figs, mostly variants. I realise this is a fraction of what is possible! If memory serves, I think your site has around 750+ different figs catalogued. Most impressive.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Yes, let's hope landos locker will return :D

200 figs is a lot, great work. I still get a shock when I find out how many variants one character can have :shock:

Let me know if I can help you with some variants :D

Yes your memory serves you well :D thanks again for the kind words.

I still have a couple of 100 figures and some vehicles and playsets to look at, so there will be added some more variants and some pictures also need to get updates, I have also begun to update the vehicle variants :D

.Q.

Jedi Master
I had a massive headstart as about 150 figs, around 70 of which complete, survived my childhood. Pocket money well spent! Around 50 figs have been added in the last year or so. Still need 8 of last 17 for full set but keep getting distracted, and besides, I'm enjoying the journey. :)

Yeh, when I see focus collections, I start thinking a 'complete' set of variants is next to impossible, I would imagine yours is one the of most extensive put together. Looking forward to your seeing more updates.

As regards the help, it's a most kind offer indeed, I'll certainly keep it in mind, kind thanks, but as a cheapskate on a tight budget, I pick up little bits here and there when I have a few spare pennies. A friend (a vintage Transformers collector) got a painted redhands Ackbar in a job lot recently, a nice swap for a M.A.S.K. fig I got in a cheap bundle! :wink:

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Q, sounds like a great headstart :shock: I only had about 60 figs from my childhood collection and a few vehicles. Yes I know we can all be distracted, I try to keep my focus on coo variants, but there always seem to turn up a great offer of something I really want.

What 8 last 17 are you missing :?:

Great that you are enjoying the journey :D

I think you are right a complete set of variants is next to impossible, but we can try :lol:

Thanks for the kind words again, but there is many collectors who has a better and bigger collection than I have.

No problem, I think we all have a tight budget :( Great that you got a painted redhands ackbar :D

Hi James, thanks for the link :wink:

.Q.

Jedi Master
Nice reminder about TIGs excellent figure of the Week section, cheers James.

I'm missing Warok, Romba, Han Carbonite, Lukes Stormie + Poncho, EV-9D9, Imperial gunner, Lando general.
Also need the black blaster for Princess Leia for a basic full set, before getting into the realms of Diagona, Probot, 3 leg R2.

Initially, I'm trying to find the more obvious variant like no teeth / grinning Lando (sourced!), but I would love to pick up the vehicles I'm missing and think about the playsets which didn't appeal back in the day but I find very appealing now! I must admit, the high end stuff doesn't hold massive appeal to me, would just like to (one day!) have a run of the main production toys.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Q, Some cool figures you are missing. The black blaster for leia is always a problem, many sell them with the blue :(

I think lando is one of the cool figures, that you can get him with no teeth and white teeth :lol:

What vehicles are you missing and playsets ?

.Q.

Jedi Master
We have now officially taken over this thread!

Easiest if I repost this snap of my childhood haul -
haul.jpg

Also have most mini-rigs and Imperial Troop transport, and a box of backers. So, loads missing! Trying to find some items in good shape, complete, not neccessarily with a box for a fair price can be tricksome, but all in good time. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Nice childhood collection you have :shock:

There is always great and good variants in such a collection. I hope you find many variants in your collection if you have not been looking after variants in it ?

.Q.

Jedi Master
Cheers for kind words Lars.
Yeah, as looked into it all I discovered there were only a handful of doubles, most are variants e.g grey / silver IG-88s, big / small hood jawas. Bit odd that I never noticed these things back in the day - now I've noticed the differences they're as clear as day and it's kickstarted my interest in variant collecting.
The scruffy lot I picked up recently had a dark fur Logray, a dark cloak Emperor and a scarred out COO Snagg. Even as beaters, I'll give them a home. :)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
.Q. said:
Cheers for kind words Lars.
Yeah, as looked into it all I discovered there were only a handful of doubles, most are variants e.g grey / silver IG-88s, big / small hood jawas. Bit odd that I never noticed these things back in the day - now I've noticed the differences they're as clear as day and it's kickstarted my interest in variant collecting.
The scruffy lot I picked up recently had a dark fur Logray, a dark cloak Emperor and a scarred out COO Snagg. Even as beaters, I'll give them a home. :)

That is some cool variants you have found Q :D Yes when you look into a lot, then you will always find a lot of variants. I have also had many variants that I never noticed and if you look at them again. Then you maybe find some more variants, that always happen for me :lol: Happy to read you will give the beaters a home. That is about collecting, keep beaters and keep them until you find a better one :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom