Vintage Ree Yee's Prototype

sith jawa

Padawan
The figure seems to be overstock Lili Ledy parts that are being sold as prototypes. I once brokered a deal with a collector in Mexico who sold me a complete jawa. He had two bags full of unused parts. If the figure in question has been stripped of paint,you will notice. Smell the figure.. If acetone or another type of paint remover were used, there should be burn/acid marks on the figure.

Unfortunately, I cannot access RS right now. I will post my pictures later. The collector had four or five complete unpainted Ree Yees. I offered him a great price on everything. Unfortunately, someone made him a better offer..

Here is one picture:

ledy_parts_4.jpg

Cobe_24

Padawan
sith jawa said:
Unfortunately, I cannot access RS right now. I will post my pictures later. The collector had four or five complete unpainted Ree Yees. I offered him a great price on everything. Unfortunately, made him a better ie $$$$$$ one.

Hi Sith, Well by the looks of your picture my Yee's is the same.. There are no burnt marks on him tho from what I can see, Neither does he smell funny.

What did you mean by the last bit you wrote tho as quoted above? i didnt get that bit

Cheers
Cobe

**Delboy75**

Jedi Master
I think the seller is legit, he's a member on on SWC where im a lurker lol.
But i think he collects mainly modern proto's which are fairly common.

I saw the ree-yees when it was on evilbay, and knew right away it was just an unpainted or stripped figure.

I would sway with the seller not knowing it wasn't a proto, rather than a scam as he seems a good guy tbh. A lot of the modern proto's have copyrights, so he may not of known that vintage one's tend to have no coo of peg holes.

Hopefully you'l get your refund.

Cobe_24

Padawan
oh definately I agree that it must have been an honest mistake without a doubt, As you say the modern protos have the COO and what have you and are more commonly found.

PhantomShadow

Jedi Knight
I have a Royal Guard like that - its over stock from Lily Ledy.
Some guy was selling loads of figure from that so its possible its one of those. Nothing special, just was never put together in the factory

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
Sorry Mate as spoons said its a fake paint stripped figure which is essentially worthless. Think of it as a normal figure that has been damaged even a mint regular ree yees is only worth about £5 so its worth less than that.

I really hope you get your refund £180 is a lot of money ( bear in mind a genuine prototype would cost you a lot more so theres another red flag)

If you need to direct the seller to this thread then do so as he may not understand what the item is.

Good Luck Jay

Josh

Sith Lord
Ditto!
ATC would never intentionally try and stooge someone!He is a good guy from what I have heard about him!
I am concerned that is was graded as a proto though if this is not the case!

ianv72

Padawan
hi guys , atc ( justin ) is a top fella , he would never try and scam anyone , he recently sold one of the best collections of afa figures ever seen , he then started collecting proto's , he must have bought this figure as a proto , he changes his focus now and then and i know he decided to sell all his protos ,
i glad that you and justin are working things out , it sounds like you have both been a victim

benbob

Padawan
Hi,
I dont post here very often but i do wonder around reading the disco's and i wanted to say that I not only know ATC but have also bought a few items from him and he would never intentionally sell something fraudiently. He is deffo 1 of the good guys and thought ever1 should know.

jaymassive619

Sith Lord
I've bumped this thread because i seen something for sale on RS that is similar to cobe's Ree Yee's and it has a half decent price tag attached.

Instead of calling it a prototype he calls it pre production Lily Ledy overstock.

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Number=3623975&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post3631601#3623975

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom