Vintage SW apart.. I'd also like to own a Tatra 603. Yessir.

TC-14

Sith Lord
Gents, this is seriously off topic, but I have to share my love of this gorgeous little Czech number. Way ahead of it's time, the dorsal fin rear, air cooled V8, and out of this world styling... it really punches my buttons. Although you wouldn't want to see this car outside your house upon returning home in Communist Czechoslovakia back in the 1960s: this was only available to high ranking officials... if you clapped eyes on this beauty, then you knew you were in serious trouble.

Here's the original cinema reel put to a David Holmes soundtrack. "Blinding", as the young 'uns are fond of saying. Enjoy.

[youtube]J8fNpTSLi80[/youtube]

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
That is a cool car, seriously weird advert though. Love that police car, can you imagine the Met Police driving round in those, they might catch more criminals because they will laughing at them so much!!!

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Saw Tatra was expecting:
Yyat1KVdRk-W6yFv7ioQsRoRt9uSo6xLjlF6mXXLAz2ncUdHKA.jpg

The styling reminds a bit of 2 of my favourite family cars from my childhood:
5958_Citroen-DS-Super-5_6.jpg

1961_SAAB_96_For_Sale_Side_0_resize.jpg

TC-14

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Love that police car, can you imagine the Met Police driving round in those, they might catch more criminals because they will laughing at them so much!!!

Those out of sync windscreen wipers are comical :lol:

AJ, the original Citroen DS is an all time favourite of mine, beautiful lines- another car way ahead of its time. What's the picture below? I was thinking VW Karmann Ghia... then maybe a Saab... to be honest, I've no idea :?

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Yep Saab 96. Dad had a dozen or so. Was his rally car(s) before I was born. Mum had one as a road car. The unique sound of a 3cyl 2 stroke:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NHOD4Kd9jI

TC-14

Sith Lord
Sounds sweet. I remember seeing one of these vintage Saab's parked up in a nearby town a few years ago... I was circling it, peering through every window, for a good 10 minutes. I didn't look dodgy doing that, at all :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom