What are you currently playing?

lejackal

Grand Master
I've just had a few rounds of Fighters Destiny on the N64, and whilst it's too early to judge the game, one thing that really strikes me is what a monumental step up in quality Soulcalibur was.

Two games, roughly 12 months apart and my gosh wasn't it a quantum leap forward.

I don't think you really get that these days, even from PS4 to PS5. You probably need to jump two generations to even get close.

Anyway, V Rally up next!

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I have great memories of fighter's destiny, it did a great job at trying to deviate from the street fighter 2 format.

My brother and I still quite some of the cheesy dialogue - I'm the heeeero!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Although I haven't played much lately I have managed to get a little set up in the corner of the spare room. It has encouraged me to play a bit more. I haven't bought anything for this set up just moved and swapped things around. Mario Kart 64 and Goldeneye are what I'm ramming in at the moment. I'm really enjoying Diddy Kong Racing as well which is a game I never had back in the day.

IMG_0372.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpeg
    IMG_0370.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Neither had I until the early 2000s, it only came out in America and Japan. Very good apparently (if you like RPGs)

lejackal

Grand Master
I got one of those plug and play things a while ago (20k plus games etc with PS2 style pads) and currently have the kids playing through some of the classics:

IMG_2349.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom