What are you reading right now....!?

MrGudz

Jedi Master
Supporter
I've been looking for a thread about books so forgive me if a previous thread exists on this. Any recommendations? Can be Star Wars? Fiction or non fiction? All tastes are welcome.

I'm currently reading a Stephen King book right now - The Institute. Early days but it's going ok.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
As soon as Covid19 struck in earnest, I felt it was time to re-read Stephen King's 'The Stand - The Complete and Uncut Edition' :)

I'm now nearing the end of that massive tome, and will probably re-read Asimov's 'Foundation' books next, as I've not read those for 25+ years.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Nearly finished The Beastie Boys Book- loved it! A real insight into growing up in NYC in the 70's/80's, the music business, etc etc. It's even got recipes! :lol:

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Snaketibe said:
As soon as Covid19 struck in earnest, I felt it was time to re-read Stephen King's 'The Stand - The Complete and Uncut Edition' :)

I'm now nearing the end of that massive tome, and will probably re-read Asimov's 'Foundation' books next, as I've not read those for 25+ years.

I have The Stand in my pile of books to read. Along with 'Night Fall' by Asimov.

Currently reading "The purple cloud" tiz shite

peekaygee73

Sith Lord
This thread.

Taking my pedant's/smart-arse (delete as per your preference!) head off I''m reading a collection of M R James ghost stories. :)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
Nita Nitro said:
I'm reading Heir to the Empire again... before that I read the most recent Thrawn book :)

Heir to the empire is a cracker ( all three of that trilogy are great reads)

Just re reading the aftermath trilogy

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
Michael Sith said:
Nita Nitro said:
I'm reading Heir to the Empire again... before that I read the most recent Thrawn book :)

Heir to the empire is a cracker ( all three of that trilogy are great reads)

Just re reading the aftermath trilogy

I fear that now that I've re-read the first one I'll have to re-read the other two next :)
I've never picked up the Aftermath trilogy, but if you are re-reading it, I presume it's a worthy series, so I'll need to pick them up and read them myself :)

lejackal

Grand Master
I've just started this about the Icelandic football team

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 46

2stripes

Jedi Master
Currently reading Book 6 of the Expanse Series. I was reading them before the TV adaptation started and then parked them as I struggle to focus on books these days.

A key character in the books was killed off in the last episode of the latest TV season because the actor faced some accusations of sexual harassment on set. So I'll probably sack that off again now and focus on the books.

The Expanse is decent hard Sci-Fi though, well worth a read, especially for the future colonization of the solar system, I find that stuff really interesting.

lejackal

Grand Master
AA3E995B-E1E2-4729-9FCE-72D3AF07E453.jpeg

Just about to start this, which I found out about in time honoured tradition of spotting someone reading it on the train the other day and thinking it might be interesting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom