Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Having been a stalker on here for a while though I'd best introduce myself.

I'm 44 and originally had the SW12 toys back in the day, but I must've moved onto something else (music and girls probably) for ESB and ROTJ cos I never had those figures despite loving the films. Can still remember an old toy shop in Crosby, Liverpool with the spinner stand full of Palitoy first 12 figures. It's gone now, even the building :D

I originally started collecting loose figures afew years ago because it was cheaper than MOC's (marriage, young family etc.) but stopped for some reason and have now moved into MOC's - despite still being married and having an older family!. Didn't want to waste money so spent awhile discovering the focus concept (duh!), and then deciding on ESB debut cards (any back), and POTF's. I like graded cos I can't tell a fake from otherwise, but I'll take both. I'll head into SW and ROTJ backs when I'm done.

My Mum and Dad has a toyshop in the 80's and I worked there on Saturdays. My Dad let me look after Star Wars stuff for him - we made sure we had a couple of every figure on the shelves, they sold like crazy. We got deliveries when we could - figures, at about the 65 back stage I guess, all the vehicles. Makes me laugh now - because the majority of cards were ROTJ's I used to hate getting the odd ESB card cos it messed up the display! These days things would be different!

I reckon I've probably opened about 50 cases fresh full of ROTJ figures direct from the manufacturer, and hunted all over the North West in wholesalers to keep the stock up. I got a massive buzz when we'd run out of some figures and you'd find them in cases for some of the lads who came in. Klaatu was one of the hardest to find in those days - don't think we ever saw them.

The shop closed pre-POTF and all of the remaining stock went to a £1 store somewhere :mrgreen: . I used to think how much they'd be worth now, but at least they were ROTJ's and not rarer cards. The shelf talkers get me though - we had masses of them (the sales reps used to leave loads for free), and at least one of the vehicle stands - the mini-rig one I think. Gonna have to get me some shelf-talkers one day.

So if anyone needs to offload good quality (or graded) non-yellow ESB's and POTF's PM me please.

Chris

Popup

Youngling
Guess it's my turn now.

After having posted a search thread as my first action here on the forum I was kindly advised to introduce myself (agreed :D )

I've been collecting since my childhood in the early eighties and had gathered a decent amount of loose and complete figures by the end of the toyline. Back then I was wise enough to keep the cardbacks and boxes of the loose toys. After having survived the infamous hormone party called puberty I rediscovered everything in my parents' basement. A price guide I got in my hands in the mid nineties pretty much got me aware of my collection's value and that there were still people into the vintage Kenner stuff. Horray! But I also realized that I was missing all the cool US toys ("What the hell is a Blue Snaggletooth?!? Dewbacks?!?") and that I was nowhere near completion. Thanks to Feebay and globalisation things got interesting again in the new millenium.
Because I wanted to safely buy an original VC Jawa I discovered a german forum (Lichtgeschwindigkeit.de) where I got one in no time and for a decent price. These guys were hardcore collectors and nice, too! I was also told to check out Rebelscum which is cool...but not as cool as swf.co.uk :D

My main interest is ungraded vintage Kenner stuff without any real focus. I'm getting started in MOCs but also consider collecting vintage displays (headers, shelf talkers, standees etc.) as long as there are enough offers on this side of the Atlantic :wink:

So here I am. Hope to get in touch with everyone soon.

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
welcome one and all :)

Hey Chris cool story, do you still live in Crosby? im a Formby lad myself. i used to buy my figures from delahunty in formby village, toy&hobby in New strand and a shop called toy master on County road. not sure if i ever visited your shop, i live in Crosby now with the wife.

Neil

Navin Rhode

Youngling
Hi one and all.

Tom from Ireland here (40 years old). I have been collecting for a little while now (mostly sideshow 1:6 figures and some modern Hasbro) but I think the collection looks wrong without adding to my well worn vintage figures. Hoping to get some figures in reasonably good condition and to contribute to this forum.

Macman

Padawan
Hello everyone, I'm new to the star wars game. I was introduced to it by my other halfs brother about a year ago now I'm hooked :D. I'm mainly interested in graded stuff although I do have some loose items and I'm always looking for some good high end stuff. I have a little shop on eBay that sells star wars and other vintage toys to help fund my ever expanding hobbie. I'm not going to post a link to the shop yet as I don't want you guys to think I'm just on here too promote it.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Hello mate (Love your Name BTW is if from Pacman?)

The news guys are coming thick and fast atm. You have come to the right place!

Enjoy! :D

Would like to see your collection!

I like the sound of Graded stuff and high end stuff! :D

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
CRAZYHAZY said:
welcome one and all :)

Hey Chris cool story, do you still live in Crosby? im a Formby lad myself. i used to buy my figures from delahunty in formby village, toy&hobby in New strand and a shop called toy master on County road. not sure if i ever visited your shop, i live in Crosby now with the wife.

Neil

Hey Neil, yes I still live in Crosby but all my mates were from Formby - back in the day we used to drink in the Railway Pub in Formby all the time. My parents shop was actually in South Road, Waterloo - The Card and Toy Shop. I think it was a Travel Agents for ages, got flattened and the building is now Greggs (lol!).

:D

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
welcome macman,

Ha Ha its a small world Chris , yeah i still frequent the railway and i married a Crosby girl. well you have picked the best Forum IMO. 8)

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
G'day Macman and welcome, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than SWFUK :D

Actually they are all a bunch of spiffing gents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom