Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Meeko79 said:
Hi everyone

New to forum sites so no idea how it all works yet.

As a lifelong Star Wars fan and like others on here i had lots of figures as a kid but over the years have seen them vanish to car boot sales etc, so I've embarked on collecting vintage figures and vehicles again. As i'm on a very modest budget my focus is buying loose figures for as cheap as possible in as good condition as possible, it's simply for my own personal collection and pleasure, so would be happy just to own them again.

I'm hoping this forum will help me make contact with like minded people willing to chat, share opinions, offer info, and in hope it helps me collect as many as possible again, i currently have 16 original figures but i'm looking for any characters as i also intend to make diorama displays from the movies, any help will be greatly received.

Thanks everyone, hope to speak soon.
Welcome to the forum! It's a terrific place to spend time, so stick around and enjoy it :)

Jeremy

Stubbs

Jedi Master
Supporter
Hello meeko79

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your journey on collecting them all again it's even more fun as an adult. Check out the sales thread on this forum for items you are after prices are good and you won't have the reproduction weapon mind field that exists today. Have fun

Meeko79

Thanks everyone, nice to feel a warm welcome straight away surrounded by my own kind, all i get is eye rolling when i talk about star wars at home! lo

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Meeko79 said:
Thanks everyone, nice to feel a warm welcome straight away surrounded by my own kind, all i get is eye rolling when i talk about star wars at home! lo

Join the club, here's what my daughter sent me the other day......says it all :lol:

IMG-20191012-WA0002.jpg

Paulie

Hi all, just stumbled across the forum whilst looking for a few figures and weapons that I'm missing this evening...

Dug out my childhood collection from my parents loft at the weekend, as a kid I had a full set of complete figures but fast forward 30 odd years and I'm now missing a few bits. I'm guessing a few of mine got mixed up and sold accidentally when my brother sold his collection years ago.

I'm only missing A-Wing Pilot, Lando General, Luke stormtrooper, the rebo band and a staff for Nikto and the saber for my pop up R2, so looking to pick those up then I can get them displayed in a nice case in the man cave.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Hi Paulie

You will get lots of help from this forum, welcome and look forward to seeing your childhood collection :D

Taffius

Sith Lord
Ruby2511 said:
Taffius said:
Hello again. I'm Taff. :lol:

Hello Taff and welcome back to the forum mate :D

You've been missed, hows it going?

Doubt that :lol: ..bit busy on work front as always and chilling from the intense collection adding. :lol:

Time seems always against me. Not on SW fb so back on here for fix(es). Hows you all. Missed like 4 podcasts too but downloaded now.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
Taffius said:
Ruby2511 said:
Taffius said:
Hello again. I'm Taff. :lol:

Hello Taff and welcome back to the forum mate :D

You've been missed, hows it going?

Doubt that :lol: ..bit busy on work front as always and chilling from the intense collection adding. :lol:

Time seems always against me. Not on SW fb so back on here for fix(es). Hows you all. Missed like 4 podcasts too but downloaded now.

Good ta :D glad your back, know the feeling with work, I'm on my last bit of probation for new job, it's been a tough one lol

Madcelt2002

Full disclaimer - I've joined the forum to post an item that I am selling, having read the forum rules, I've popped into this thread to introduce myself before I do.

So here goes - Hi I'm Mark, 46 from South Wales married with 2 kids, no pets, work in procurement in local governemt....Huge fan of the original films, had loads of figures and a Millenium Falcon which my mother gave to a charity shop about 15 years ago when she moved house...just to get rid of the clutter....

If anyone in interested the item is an original Helix Deathstar pencil that I found while clearing my grandfather's house after he passed away. It would be great for it to go to someone who will appreciate it. I'll wait for a moderator to let me know it's OK to post in the for sale section before I do, but feel free to message me on here if you're interested in more detail.

Thanks

lejackal

Grand Master
Madcelt2002 said:
Full disclaimer - I've joined the forum to post an item that I am selling, having read the forum rules, I've popped into this thread to introduce myself before I do.

So here goes - Hi I'm Mark, 46 from South Wales married with 2 kids, no pets, work in procurement in local governemt....Huge fan of the original films, had loads of figures and a Millenium Falcon which my mother gave to a charity shop about 15 years ago when she moved house...just to get rid of the clutter....

If anyone in interested the item is an original Helix Deathstar pencil that I found while clearing my grandfather's house after he passed away. It would be great for it to go to someone who will appreciate it. I'll wait for a moderator to let me know it's OK to post in the for sale section before I do, but feel free to message me on here if you're interested in more detail.

Thanks

Hi Mark, first of all sorry for your loss.

You're more than welcome to sell your sharpener in the Vintage Sales section. Please add a price to your advert.

Good luck with the sale

Madcelt2002

lejackal said:
Madcelt2002 said:

Thanks

Hi Mark, first of all sorry for your loss.

You're more than welcome to sell your sharpener in the Vintage Sales section. Please add a price to your advert.

Good luck with the sale

Thank you - my wife has listed the sharpener on eBay so I'll post the link in the correct section.

jimbody1

Padawan
Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself, or at least re introduce myself as there's not many names I recognise anymore. I'm Jim and gave up collecting a few years ago and sold my entire collection, I've recently started collecting again but just loose graded figures. I know this will lead to other things as it inevitably does when that first moc arrives in the post. But at best I would describe myself as a recovering collector.
It's good to be back.

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
jimbody1 said:
Hi everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself, or at least re introduce myself as there's not many names I recognise anymore. I'm Jim and gave up collecting a few years ago and sold my entire collection, I've recently started collecting again but just loose graded figures. I know this will lead to other things as it inevitably does when that first moc arrives in the post. But at best I would describe myself as a recovering collector.
It's good to be back.

Welcome back! :)

Jeremy

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
jimbody1 said:
It's good to be back.

Welcome back Jim :D

Pomse2001

Grand Master
thecloneranger said:
I am new. Just about to embark upon collecting a set of the original figures again. Site looks great. I look forward to some reading on here.

Welcome to the forum :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom