Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Padawan
Hi all, I've just joined the forum for general info and purchases as I've recently started collecting and fleabay makes me feel slightly nauseous!

Name: Andy
Kids: 1 (4weeks old)
Pets: 1 miniature schnauzer
Job: investment management

Age old story, mum sold Star Wars figures at car boot when I was too young to object, have bought a few pieces over the years when I stumble across them but recently decided to start a small collection of my favourites from when I was a kid. I used to have the ewok village so I guess ewoks are my favourite but not exclusively!

mumbo

Sith Lord
frankie1g said:
name frank
age 43
kids 2
married
work NHS
I have just started to collect vintage figures. I took me over 30 years to get over my mum giving my star wars collection to some kid she used to teach :evil:

I feel your pain, in my case it was the step mother :x

Welcome to all new members since I last welcomed new members :p

Tenebrous

Padawan
Name Richard
Married
No kids
This is a great forum, still got all my original toys safely stored at parents house but, my lofts full of Star Wars Lego, my wife's thinks it's great I can buy stuff for £10, she's frightening of spiders so won't go in the loft, if she did KABOOM!!!!
I'm thinking of dipping my toe in a bit more but, I've always bought stuff because I've loved it, resale/investment is secondary.
Anyway hello.

DickieM

Padawan
Hi everyone
Just a quick post to introduce myself to the forum. My name is Rich and I've just got back onto collecting SW after a nearly 30yr absence!
A couple of weeks ago I cleared my mum's loft in order to give my collection to my 4 yro son only to take them all back from him the same afternoon! From looking at the value of my stuff I've gone full circle and decided to complete my collection so please excuse any newbie questions I may have! Cheers

Woolyniner

Jedi Knight
Name Phil
Kids 3
Job Teacher

I recently was having a clear out and came across my old star wars collection. It was the first time I'd seen it since the 1980's. The memories came back and I became interested again. Unfortunately many of my star wars vehicles and playsets were missing parts. So I naturally looked at ebay to see if it was possible to buy them. After spending too much time catching up on the world of star wars minature collecting I stumbled across this forum and noticed what a great place it was for this hobby. Hi everyone. :)

n74s

Youngling
Good Morning All and Hi..

I've been fortunate enough to own all of my vintage collection since new.. oh dear does that make me sound old lol.. and added to it over the years with most of the additions pre-internet :shock:

It's not a huge collection, or complete, but consists of mainly loose figures (that i will complete one day soon with only 8 or 9 POTF figs remaining) and a few different ships and vehicles. Most of the ships/vehicles have their boxes but the boxes are pretty damaged.

I also have a few EP1 & EP2 carded figures (which i am selling to focus on my vintage collection)

Anyway i'd thought i'd say hello and introduce myself as Nick.
Cheers

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Welcome on board Nick, pop some pics up in the showcase section; you'll get great positive feedback, we love seeing the vintage collections growing! 8)

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Nick, and welcome to SWFUK. I envy that you still have your childhood collection :) Look forward to seeing some photo of the lot and here's hoping you can find the remaining figures in the for sale thread!

Pomse2001

Grand Master
So many new members, welcome Frank, Andy, DickieM, phil and nick.

Great to see you all on this fantastic forum :wink:

n74s

Youngling
Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

And yes very fortunate that I still have all of my child hood collection plus some later additions over the years.

I'm planning to photo and re-document all of my vintage stuff over the weekend (all ready done the EP1 & EP2 stuff as part of the loft clear out).

Once I've done that I'll post pics up in the showcase board. 8)

Cheers, Nick

Revilo

Youngling
Just wanted to say "hi" as a new member here. Have had a browse and have picked up lots of great info. Have joined up as my daughter wants to build up a collection of lower end vintage stuff (cash constraints) and some newer collectibles. Firstly though I will be raiding my parents' attic to see what I can find there and then negotiate with my brother to decide who owns what!

Regards

Rev

Joe

Grand Master
Welcome aboard :) Have combined this with the introductions thread! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom