Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jez

Sith Lord
Hi Will and Andreg, welcome to the best forum around. You've taken your first step into a larger world.

NZ9D9

Well hello there,

My name is Aaron and I write to you from the greatest little country in the world New Zealand :D

I've been a fan of Star Wars since I first saw the Empire Strikes Back on the big screen (The first time round not the rerelease, I'm old hahaha). While I did have a few figures and SW toys growing up I never really got into collecting until about 6 years ago when I thought having the original 12 figures on a shelf in my office would look amazing. Of coarse that lead to buying just a few I wanted but never got when I was young to 'I might as well complete the vintage set' but once I'm done thats it over, no variant collecting for me.........which as you all know has lead to me going after all the variants I just have to have hahahaha.

I seem to now collect all sorts of bits and pieces and have no rhyme or reason to what I add to my growing hoard, whatever catches my eye I pick up so you'll see me post all over the forums lol......case in point here is something I purchased a little under two hours ago on a trip to the shops to buy dishwashing liquid.........

FullSizeRender.jpg

now did I need a large 3D ceramic Darth Vader mug with rmoveable lid....nnoooooo....but do i love it....oh yyeeaaahhh.

I look forward to chatting with you all at some stage :) see you on the forums

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Hi Andreg welcome to the forum, great collection you have there :D

Will welcome to the forum.

Welcome Aaron to the forum :wink:

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Hi everyone! Just a quick introduction .
By name is Ricky (shaky is my nickname) and I'm a Essex boy now living in Norwich. ( Crikey this is sounding like I'm on an episode of Blind date!) I have recently started collecting some loose vintage beaten up figures for my son George who's 4 yrs old & have of course while doing this got all sentimental and nostalgic & over the last 4 weeks started to collect loose complete figures for my self!
I can remember as a child always playing constantly with my small collection and waiting for my dad to come home to help dig the garden up to find Chewy & Han solo( he weren't happy but knew if he didn't a tuff night was ahead!). My first 2 complete loose figures were from a friend in Norwich and 4 more added we're from Stuart of Hoth ice planet , which I was aware off through joining this forum couple weeks back( thanks to the forum)
So that's my story in a few lines! I am hoping to not only read but post when I can about what I got and possibly ask a few questions.
Also loving the Star Wars the rebellion podcast which I think is linked to this forum and members .
Shaky

Jester

Padawan
Hello!

My name is Matt and i'm from Bristol, UK.

I have been a Star Wars fan since I was 7 when ROTJ was released. I had many toys and vehicles when I was 7/8 buy I trashed them (as little boys do). When I was 12 (I think!) I went to a table top sale in my old primary school and I got many cheap figures there (10p for a Yak Face being the best one) which I guess kept me interested.

When I was in my mid 20s I bought a few moc figures from ebay from the USA, an Ewok Village, a A wing in box and all of the last 17 figures. Then I stopped for a few years and last year started again.

I am currently buying the odd moc figure from ebay and some more vehicles.

Sorry for the convoluted story! My collection of Star Wars is now from the 1980s, 1990s, 2000s and 2010s!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome all new members and if your half as sexy as Todd send me a picture. :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Alright my luvver? It's nice to have another Bristol lad on here.
The fun multi cultural city that London would love to be :D
Welcome to SWFUK dude, you've taken your first step into a larger world.

Shaky_BobaFett

Padawan
Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! Looking forward to posting my small loose collection when I get a chance.
Any way I'm enjoying exploring this forum. Information on here is mind blowing! Using up all my 3G on my lunch breaks reading it( gonna cost me!)
Ricky

x-pack

Grand Master
Pomse2001 said:
Jester said:
Thanks for the lovely welcome!

Jez - we should chat ha ha :)

Who is Todd then? :lol:

Todd is a nice guy that is always naked with a mask on the head :lol:

Todd runs the forum initiations department. They usually involve Star Wars cosplay and assless chaps :lol:

owler

Youngling
Hello, I'm new. Reason I've joined is I'm taking lots of time selling individual figures on eBay, listing bit by bit - and am having shed-loads of fun doing it behind the kids' backs :D

To be fair, I won't sell their figures, just the ones i got from a £200 job lot that they NEVER bother to play with, grrr.

Some great advice on here.

All the best
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom