New Collectables Magazine Out Soon! "What is it worth?" (Trilogos!!)

Joe

Grand Master
Some of you may remember me hinting at another Trilogo related project I was working on as well as The Definitive Guide to Trilogos..well, now the time has come to explain!

So, last year I was asked by my friend Kevin Spencer if I wanted to write an article all about Trilogos for a new collectables magazine he was getting ready to launch called "What is it worth?"

logo.jpg

I gladly took him up on the offer and the result was a SIX page look at Trilogo carded figures covering the companies involved, miscards, variations, rarity and also prices for the entire set of 90.

From what I understand, Vectis have also written an article for Kevin all about some of their more recent auctions, so even if Trilogos aren't your cup of tea, I would highly recommend ordering the first issue as Star Wars features heavily throughout!

This is the front cover of issue #1:

what_is_it_worth_screenshot.jpg

You can order the magazine directly from Kevin, his details can be found at the end of this video (which was made for him by his 15 year old son :D ):

[youtube]c3fwrwdR0Zk[/youtube]

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this and would appreciate any feedback on it from those that are nice enough to order a copy (as will Kevin!).

I promise it won't disappoint, Trilogo fans! :D

Oh and one last thing, there is also somewhat of an Easter egg surprise in the magazine for those following the progress of the book project - so yeah, please grab one if you can!

Joe

Grand Master
Dorsetmark said:
Anyone got a pen and paper handy to write the web address down :wink:

Hi Mark, you can email Kevin on this address: [email protected] for a copy :)

Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Nice one Joe, can we get a sneak peek - what £ do you value a Trilogo Madine today?

Thanks Matt! Well, private sales for Madine in the last year or two were definitely far less than the Nigo/Sotheby's one that just sold that's for sure. No sneak peeks though! I really advise you grab a copy, it's the kind of thing that will be useful to take along with you to conventions/shows and have rolled up in your back pocket for reference! :D

theguiltyone said:
Hi Joe, could you maybe ask Kevin to post the order details here? He used to post if I recall right.

Have passed the message on Marc, I'm sure he'll pop on when he can and post the info you need. You can still reach him on the email address if not though!

Jez

Sith Lord
Wow Joe, 2016 is turning out to be a stellar year for you!
Huge congrats dude.

OTB Records

Padawan
Hi all,

Firstly I would like to thank Joe for the wonderful Trilogo article and his support of this magazine. The first copies were mailed out today. There will also be an initial limited UK regional distribution of the magazine which will hopefully expand over the next few weeks (arranging details with various distribution companies and networks.) It will also be available to purchase (in due course) from places such as Amazon, eBay etc.

If you would like a copy or more information then please do not hesitate to contact me at the following email address: [email protected]

The first issue has a six-page Trilogo feature courtesy of Joe and also a feature on Star Wars collectables by Vectis. Also some other cool Star Wars items in the magazine.

IMG_0711%20-%20Copy_zpse2dranmt.jpg

Joe

Grand Master
Got mine early but hopefully everyone who ordered one will receive theirs soon!

Not shared a pic of the actual article till today but I figured some people might be on the fence about ordering one without one so..it looks like this!

pizap.com14534771435652.jpg

Hope people enjoy the read but even if you aren't big on Trilogos there are also loads of other cool vintage items pictured in the vectis article too so it's well worth picking one up!

For those that have ordered one already - if you would be kind enough to leave some feedback here or on FB (or wherever) I would be really grateful! Thanks!

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Looks really interesting, and if I daresay a good 'bogside book' to flip through when you're on the throne!

Obviously Star Wars is the big draw but I find it quite interesting to read about collectables too, will defo be getting a copy.

grinchy

Sith Lord
Got my copy today, a big thumbs up from me, interesting articles, well laid out, very nicely done, great article on the trilogos to, :D

Joe

Grand Master
grinchy said:
Got my copy today, a big thumbs up from me, interesting articles, well laid out, very nicely done, great article on the trilogos to, :D

Thanks for the feedback Ian, glad you enjoyed the read!

I've had some really positive comments from those that have had a chance to read it (not just the Trilogo article but the entire magazine) so just wanted to say a huge thanks to those that ordered one! I hope everyone who has a copy spotted the Easter egg too (if not- check the back inside cover!) :)

Hopefully future issues will be of interest to you all too so you can continue to support Kevin! It's no easy task to put out a magazine like this by yourself on a regular basis after all and I for one enjoyed all the articles featured!

Cheers!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Posted elsewhere, but don't mind saying it again: this mag is well worth picking up. Joe's article is great for new Trilogo collectors or the more seasoned fan. Can't wait for the book! The Vectis article is fine but tells anyone who knows about them nothing new, really. Some of the other articles are superb, though. Would have been quite pleased with the magazine as a whole even without the Trilogo article, but with it it's excellent.

A fiver (including delivery) buys you nowt in the vintage world these days, so invest in this instead!

Joe

Grand Master
Just a cheeky bump for anyone that missed this and wants a copy! The magazine is well worth the money and it's delivered to your door! :)

Thanks again for all the posts/messages and interest, glad you all enjoyed it guys - thanks for ordering one and hopefully "What is it worth?" will continue to impress in future issues! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom