Who's Who - Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Paulie said:
Hi all, just stumbled across the forum whilst looking for a few figures and weapons that I'm missing this evening...

Dug out my childhood collection from my parents loft at the weekend, as a kid I had a full set of complete figures but fast forward 30 odd years and I'm now missing a few bits. I'm guessing a few of mine got mixed up and sold accidentally when my brother sold his collection years ago.

I'm only missing A-Wing Pilot, Lando General, Luke stormtrooper, the rebo band and a staff for Nikto and the saber for my pop up R2, so looking to pick those up then I can get them displayed in a nice case in the man cave.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the hunt for the last parts, cool that you have the rest from your childhood 8)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Madcelt2002 said:
Full disclaimer - I've joined the forum to post an item that I am selling, having read the forum rules, I've popped into this thread to introduce myself before I do.

So here goes - Hi I'm Mark, 46 from South Wales married with 2 kids, no pets, work in procurement in local governemt....Huge fan of the original films, had loads of figures and a Millenium Falcon which my mother gave to a charity shop about 15 years ago when she moved house...just to get rid of the clutter....

If anyone in interested the item is an original Helix Deathstar pencil that I found while clearing my grandfather's house after he passed away. It would be great for it to go to someone who will appreciate it. I'll wait for a moderator to let me know it's OK to post in the for sale section before I do, but feel free to message me on here if you're interested in more detail.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the sale

JP6

Youngling
Hi everybody,

I've just joined the forum as I await the arrival of my first 3 vintage figures. I've always loved Star Wars since I saw them in cinemas when they were rereleased in the 90's. I'm only 31 so wasn't around for the original release but have always loved the look and history behind the vintage toys.

I've decided to attempt a loose graded run, starting with the first 12. I have two daughter aged 2 and 6 so I didn't want loose with weapons and things in risk of getting lost or eaten so thought graded loose was a good way to go. I've always loved Stormtroopers so if I see a moc going for a nice price I might pick one up.

I will post a picture on the latest acquisition page when I get my first 3 figures. Looking forward to joining in some good discussions and getting to know you all.

Cheers
Joe

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
JP6 said:
Hi everybody,

I've just joined the forum as I await the arrival of my first 3 vintage figures. I've always loved Star Wars since I saw them in cinemas when they were rereleased in the 90's. I'm only 31 so wasn't around for the original release but have always loved the look and history behind the vintage toys.

I've decided to attempt a loose graded run, starting with the first 12. I have two daughter aged 2 and 6 so I didn't want loose with weapons and things in risk of getting lost or eaten so thought graded loose was a good way to go. I've always loved Stormtroopers so if I see a moc going for a nice price I might pick one up.

I will post a picture on the latest acquisition page when I get my first 3 figures. Looking forward to joining in some good discussions and getting to know you all.

Cheers
Joe

Welcome to the forum Joe, good luck with the collecting. You will find a lot of help on here with your journey.

Take Care

Russ 😀

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
JP6 said:
Hi everybody,

Cheers
Joe

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forum! Stick around and get to know the place, and I think you'll love it :)

Best of luck with your collection, and keep us all posted on its progression.

Jeremy

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
JP6 said:
Hi everybody,

Cheers
Joe

Welcome Joe,
I think that your decision to go with graded is a wise choice with kids around. :D
I saw that your first three arrived and they look great.
Look forward to seeing your collection grow.

Aquamarina

Hi hi, I come in peace ✌️
I'm sure you guys get fed up of people like me so firstly I would like to apologise in advance and thank you in anticipation for helping a clueless dudette in distress...
I'm the mum of a 24 year old guy guy with special needs and with his express consent I'm about to sell some of his stuff he no longer wants on eBay so he can buy some other stuff he does want with the proceeds. I did some digging and I don't know if you guys know this but the money saving expert website advises people if they are thinking about selling their SW stash to join you lot to ask for your advice... no wonder you get inundated😳
So basically I have some stuff to dell and I don't wish to get shafted over on eBay (I have a love hate relationship with that place). We have 3 master replicas light sabres in their original boxes, some bits of stand thingies, they all work and I think they're in canny nick. We have a green, red and blue one 😂. Something about FX I've read the rules (do I get some points) and I think I have to post pics in the valuation forum?
The boxes say Luke skywalker force fx light sabre collectible 2002 2007 V sw 220 (blue) (
Star Wars force fxlightsabre collectible sw 212 (green)
Star Wars Darth Vader force fx light sabre SW 207 (red)
I'll post pics hopefully tomorrow to Tuesday
Seriously thanks guys for any help you can send my way

ionian21

Youngling
Hello! I've been asking for your help in the valuations section but I haven't introduced myself. I'm Simon, and I'm not a collector - at least not on purpose. I was lucky enough to be a small boy back when the original films were released, and my favourite toys were Star Wars figures. By the time I outgrew them, I'd amassed a decent amount. Although a young boy, I was always careful with my toys - a trait I learnt from my father, who ended up carefully storing everything in ziplock bags and putting them in his loft.

Fast forward 20 years, and I cleared out my Dad's loft and took my old toys home with me, where they lived pretty-much forgotten about in my garage.

Fast forward another ten years and, to my delight, my daughter discovers Star Wars and loves it. I take her to see Rise of Skywalker just as I remember my Dad taking me to see ROTJ. It was a lovely moment, but our circumstances change due to ill-health and we decide to move home to a smaller, more manageable place. In the clear-out I come across my toys again and look into the value of them. I knew they were collectable but I dodn't realise HOW collectable they'd become. For me they are and will always be my childhood toys - but I'm a bit big to play with them now and I will always have my memories. It's time for them to go to someone who can enjoy them again, and time for me to receive a fair sum that can be useful to us as we get through one of the tougher moments in life.

I let my daughter choose something to keep from the collection, and without hesitation she picked Chewie. So that one stays with us! And (perhaps fortunately) it's not one of the big ticket items. I'm surprised to see how much some of the figures are worth - everyone I knew had Luke as a Stormtrooper, yet that one seems to be quite sought-after. It's strange how these things work

Justin72

Youngling
Hello to all...

Firstly what a great place you have here!

I'm Justin, huge Star Wars fan, saw A New Hope as a 5 year old and was instantly hooked... 43 years later I still am and genuinely feel lucky to have grown up with the galaxy far far away never too far from my consciousness.

My earliest Star Wars figure memories are if pestering my parents in Toy n Hobby Chester for a figure before eagerly ripping the bubble off, binning the card...

The childhood collection was literally played with to death, I remember a Luke farmboy tied to the end of a shoelace and left hanging from next doors aerial for what seemed like years, then a Han small head unearthed from our front garden years after his burial... fond memories of the best line of toys that's ever been.

I've always had the collecting bug and started amassing a collection in the 90's, loose mint figures and cards with some nice scarce items too. Then it's marriage... a child (she's 10 now and a massive Star Wars fan too)...

I've started to collect again, I've lots of nice stuff to trade, I'm looking for a couple of items that I'll post else where and I'm looking for info on Euro ROTJ bi/tri logo boxes and variations of.

Looking forward to contributing/helping if I can and once again congratulations on a fantastic space.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Welcome Justin72 , love your stories and look forward to reading more contributions from you. :)

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Hi Justin72
Welcome to the Forum and thanks the kind words that you have said about it, we all like it here too. :D
Get involved and have fun.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hello again. It's been several years since I sold up my collection. It was about 3 months before the toy Toni drama kicked off. I've just read through the whole thread. Last time I visited it was about 40 odd pages.

Since I sold up I've been collecting Hot Toys which is fairly enjoyable and joined the 501st. I currently have a cleared Sandtrooper, Praetorian Guard, First Order Stormtrooper and am currently building a sith trooper.

Anyway, I've just dipped my toe in the vintage world again. I've been putting a loose run together. I currently have the first 21 so I'll be going on to the next wave soon.
I see there are still a few familiar faces on here. Look forward to getting involved again.

Lee

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Lee77 said:
Hello again. It's been several years since I sold up my collection. It was about 3 months before the toy Toni drama kicked off. I've just read through the whole thread. Last time I visited it was about 40 odd pages.

Since I sold up I've been collecting Hot Toys which is fairly enjoyable and joined the 501st. I currently have a cleared Sandtrooper, Praetorian Guard, First Order Stormtrooper and am currently building a sith trooper.

Anyway, I've just dipped my toe in the vintage world again. I've been putting a loose run together. I currently have the first 21 so I'll be going on to the next wave soon.
I see there are still a few familiar faces on here. Look forward to getting involved again.

Lee

Welcome back, Lee. I think you must have left before I became a regular here, but it's always good to have a fellow vintage fan coming back into the fold :)

Jeremy

todler

Youngling
Hi, I've been collecting vintage figures on and off for the last 30+ years and delve back in every now and then. Currently with the covid lockdown I've been going through my collection and seeing what variants I have. When I first started collecting it was the visible differences I looked at (colours, paint, accessories etc), then next time it was COO's and now it appears people have gone down to the minute detail :eek: .
Now looking actively for various figs again. However with all the fakes out there now its a bit of a minefield, but I have been using TIG to help.

While on Vintage Star Wars collecting breaks I have collected (and still do), Star Wars & Marvel Lego and Arcade Pinball machines. The pinball all started off from buying a Star Wars pinball (what else :D )

One of my biggest regrets was selling 25 vintage POTF carded figures :( . Decided I didn't have room to display them and they were only sat in a box so sold them. Also again sold all my ships and vehicles for the same reason. Still have all my loose 3" and 12" though which are all on display and can be enjoyed.

Cheers

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
todler said:
Hi, I've been collecting vintage figures on and off for the last 30+ years and delve back in every now and then. Currently with the covid lockdown I've been going through my collection and seeing what variants I have. When I first started collecting it was the visible differences I looked at (colours, paint, accessories etc), then next time it was COO's and now it appears people have gone down to the minute detail :eek: .
Now looking actively for various figs again. However with all the fakes out there now its a bit of a minefield, but I have been using TIG to help.

While on Vintage Star Wars collecting breaks I have collected (and still do), Star Wars & Marvel Lego and Arcade Pinball machines. The pinball all started off from buying a Star Wars pinball (what else :D )

One of my biggest regrets was selling 25 vintage POTF carded figures :( . Decided I didn't have room to display them and they were only sat in a box so sold them. Also again sold all my ships and vehicles for the same reason. Still have all my loose 3" and 12" though which are all on display and can be enjoyed.

Cheers

Welcome Todler! Great to have another long-term collector joining the forum's ranks :)

Stick around and enjoy it.

Jeremy

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
todler said:

Cheers
Welcome.
Get involved and enjoy the vast wealth of knowledge on here.😀

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
We all have regrets of letting things go, but that just allows us to start again

Welcome aboard enjoy the ride :D

Yubnubtom

Youngling
Hi Tom here aways been a member and scroll through the forum regularly. Forgot my old user name so have reregistered - this forum got me back into the collecting in 2015 (although I never stopped since the 80s) found my way into all the Facebook pages too and never looked back. Just coming back to say hi and thank you for all the useful info I pick up on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom