Y-Wing box restoration - before and after!

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
2stripes said:
theforceuk said:
Yes agreed, ink touch up on MOC's is a pet hate for me. However this is a great job, done perfectly.

The MOC I received today has a slight bit of touch up, so no grading, but I'm not too fussed and didn't call the seller out for not mentioning it . When you see what can be achieved with the Y Wing box.. I don't think anyone could argue it would be better off falling to pieces, but it does need to be in the right hands. I'd be really tempted to learn some of the techniques, I'd find it totally absorbing to put in those sort of hours to get those results.

Yes people buy and sell MOC without even knowing they have ink touch up. I don't really have a problem with that, I do have a problem with selllers selling MOC as AFA/UKG ready and they have ink touch up. Thats the thing with restoration, it needs to be done correctly and sold as restored. You have certainly got the talent and patience to do more by the looks of things.

MightyMike

Padawan
What did you use to clean the cardboard?

Think some of my boxes would appreciate a decent clean but would be worried about getting it too wet or using something that would be abrasive or destructive.

Think I will leave the touch up part though, I've only got the kids crayons and to be honest my colouring in isn't much better than theirs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom