Barefaced lies or just a cheeky joke?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Shame I missed this. Sounds like he was stitched up? Should have done his homework. :?

Dr_Ball_MD

Jedi Master
Supporter
weird-strange-bizarre.gif

Joe

Grand Master
Still not sure what to make of it all tbh! He said he got the Madine and the Uzay Stormie about 15-16 years ago. I'm not sure of his age but from his pictures he only looks about 30! So it did strike me as odd for a lad of 15 to be buying a Trilogo Madine and an UZAY Stormie..

Anyway, he typed up this long old story about how he was selling modern theatre edition Luke's for loads of money to some US dealer and then there was something or other about him taking that money to a show where he saw the Madine and UZAY. Said he made an offer to the seller and the seller accepted.

Apparently he sold them on (as genuine) to fund a car purchase..

FWIW, he seemed genuinely upset to hear it was a fake but then deleted both threads! lol

:|

The sceptic in me says he was just bullshitting and showing off some customs, got caught and yanked the threads when he was rumbled..but what do I know! If his story is real then it could mean someone out there thinks they've got a legit Trilogo Madine sitting on their shelf (but I highly doubt it!)

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
I don't think anybody even knew about Uzay's 15 years ago, I certainly didn't until well into the 2000s and I've been actively collecting since the mid 90s. Bootleg interest was zero back then.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I saw this but didnt think the pictures were good enough to make a call, what gave the Madine away? If you look at his profile picture this pic is from along time ago.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
Maybe the picture of him with the tri-logo is so bad because he knew it was fake and was trying to hide it :? :lol:

I do not understand some of this guys always bragging about what they have and then it is repro or fake :roll:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Pomse2001 said:
I do not understand some of this guys always bragging about what they have

That's basically the whole point of Facebook and why I only post about two things a year on my page, even then I always feel dirty doing it! I mainly do it for my parents benefit so they can spy on me :lol:

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:

That's basically the whole point of Facebook and why I only post about two things a year on my page, even then I always feel dirty doing it! I mainly do it for my parents benefit so they can spy on me :lol:

and that is one of the problems with many of these FB groups. Mostly limelighting and hundreds of guys showing the same AFA encased 12 backs over and over and over and over and over and over..again.

No real communication and discussion of vintage. It's either the above as I mentioned or figure of the week type bullshit...which leads back tot he same encased 12 back......................................

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
On the subject of tall tales did anyone see the DT Vader that was posted last night? I missed it and im wondering if anyone saved the pictures?

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
jambobbyb said:
On the subject of tall tales did anyone see the DT Vader that was posted last night? I missed it and im wondering if anyone saved the pictures?

I think many of the thrift store find ones are tall tales as well.

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
Couldn't agree further Todd, I got these photos passed onto me I'm not sure a judgement can be made from thesm but im highly dubious myself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 491

Pomse2001

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Pomse2001 said:

So what does your parents say to you when they learn something like that about you ? :lol:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom