Best place to buy vintage weapons from??

Cocobean

Padawan
Going through my figures I've noticed I need around 50 weapons for various variants, prices on eBay are astronomical and of course lots of reproduction which I don't want. I'm no where near as flush as some people are on the forums ;-) so can't afford £30 per weapon in one go as I'm trying to complete vehicles and playsets at the moment. does anyone know a reputable place to purchase them from? I'm in no hurry, as I say there just variants, but would like to complete them at some point. Thank you

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
I've picked up a few here and I've picked up a few on FB. So far I've been very happy and paid, what I consider, reasonable prices for them. Some examples of prices are (including P&P) £9 for a pair of Imperial blasters, £7 for a pair of AT-AT Driver rifles, £5 for a Rebel blaster and £10 for a Palace blaster. No, not bargains but fair prices, I think. No one has such a huge stock of weapons that they need to, or can afford to, sell at bargain prices.

You can always go along to the next Farthest From, of course. And I did hear a trader at one of the Sandown Park toy fairs had a tub of weapons but no idea of prices, only that they were original. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions!

Cocobean

Padawan
Thanks for that. those seem fair prices if I'm honest :) I'm not on FB anymore but I'm sure I can locate groups if I need to. I've actually never purchased anything from FB so never thought about that as an outlet.

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
It's massively varied. Here you get fairly consistent prices. Fairly. FB you get idiots asking £5 for beater figures and other guys that will give away a handful for free. As always, best (cheapest) deals are in the US and shipping is a killer as for figures it seems to start at $18.

lejackal

Grand Master
I sometimes have success on ebay buying lower end figures with weapons as a job lot then selling the figs on again, you do take a risk and you do need to check them against TIG and advice on here.

Cocobean

Padawan
I thought about doing that on eBay but knowing my luck I'll buy a figure which will be a variant I haven't got and need to keep him and still need the weapon ha I'm struggling to display what I have without risking more variants I mean how many lukes can I possibly display just because his eyebrows are different lol

x-pack

Grand Master
Not eBay. Farthest From would be the only place I would be completely happy buying weapons. Even if you aren't sure you can get a second, third or fourth opinion from the chaps there :)

Personally i have bought off FB but don't really trust people on there any more than i would do on eBay.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Why not try putting up a WTB thread with those you need and see what responses you get? Quite often people have spares or doubles that they want to sell or swap and you'll only be contacted by members on here so removes the worry about repro crap.

Worth a try.

itfciain

Grand Master
I have quite a few weapons available so if you put up a wanted list then I can send you the prices for the ones I have

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom