Help needed - ROTJ Painting Competition Poster

Niilex

Youngling
Hi all. Looking for some help from the SW collector community. I got a poster in with a job lot of vintage SW items and was going to throw it (or at least stash it away never to be seen again), but then I thought best not. Looking for views on whether it's collectable. I'll attach a couple of pics. Cheers Charlie

Attachments

• 20220301_140406.jpg
    20220301_140406.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20220301_140231.jpg
    20220301_140231.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20220301_140255.jpg
    20220301_140255.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 74

Niilex

Youngling
Dude....I would definitely frame that poster, its awesome!!!
Yeah it's quite cool - probs needs a bit of flattening as it's been stored folded up, but would defo look good in a frame. From what I've found reading various info on the net it's a Palitoy competition poster from 1983 and I don't think there's loads of them kicking about.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
You are correct. It is a Palitoy competition poster. Highly collectible and desirable. They dont come up that often. Expect offers. One sold a few years ago on ebay- but i cannot remember the value. There will be plenty of interest

Niilex

Youngling
Thanks Grant. I just found the last one that sold on ebay...it went for over £300!! Unbelievable that I was (for about 3 seconds only) thinking of throwing it away ...that would give been a travesty!

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
Great find! I can't add any more to what's already been said, except that you'll get plenty of interest and a good price for it.

Niilex

Youngling
What do you guys suggest in terms of selling? Ebay the best bet? Or should I post on this forum in the selling section? Or both perhaps? I'd rather it went to someone who will really appreciate it (loose vintage figures are my jam - not so bothered with ephemera)

AndyPreston

Jedi Knight
Supporter
I'd suggest an auction to find the best price. EBay can be a good bet, but you'll pay a fee. The other options would be some of the Facebook groups - perhaps Echo Base Auctions or Star Wars Palitoy Collectors, where you'll find most of the potential buyers and have no fee to pay.

The other option on Facebook is Deal or No Deal where you put the item up and ask for offers. Its a bit like an auction but you can choose to take an offer at any time, or not sell if you don't want to. Theres a dedicated Deal or No Deal group on Facebook, or Jabba's Court Facebook group also allows this format.

Good luck with the sale and please post here if you do offer it up - I'd be keen to have a bid!

Niilex

Youngling
I'd suggest an auction to find the best price. EBay can be a good bet, but you'll pay a fee. The other options would be some of the Facebook groups - perhaps Echo Base Auctions or Star Wars Palitoy Collectors, where you'll find most of the potential buyers and have no fee to pay.

The other option on Facebook is Deal or No Deal where you put the item up and ask for offers. Its a bit like an auction but you can choose to take an offer at any time, or not sell if you don't want to. Theres a dedicated Deal or No Deal group on Facebook, or Jabba's Court Facebook group also allows this format.

Good luck with the sale and please post here if you do offer it up - I'd be keen to have a bid!
Thanks Andy - I've sent an email to the forum moderators to ask whether it's OK to put a link on the selling section on here to an ebay auction.. awaiting a response :)

walkie

Sith Lord
Whatever you decide please share a link as i've love to be involved in any bidding. Ebay obviously has the biggest audience but facebook groups at the same time offer zero selling fees, that been said i'm sure ebay are currently running a 80% off final fees offer on all auctions.

Niilex

Youngling
Hi Walkie - I'm going to sell it via auction on ebay as that seems the fairest way to get it out there for potential collectors. Just waiting for one of ebay's reduced fee promos so I don't give half the money to them (exaggerating for effect obvs ;) ).

I'll post the link to the auction on the classifed thread on this forum and probably Rebelscum too if they allow it.

Will also give you a heads up that it's going up for sale on this thread too bud :)

Niilex

Youngling
OK anyone interested (Walkie (y)) I've listed this item on ebay as a 7 day auction ending 9pm GMT 19th March starting at 99p - the link will be added shortly to the classified thread. Let's see if this one flies away with a functioning Hyperdrive or just explodes lamely like the rather flawed Deathstar :LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom