NEW - Cardback collectors thread.

Jimi Woolley

Padawan
Here we go....something else to spend my money on!!

A few months ago I bought an amazing childhood collection of 120 loose figures consisting of a the full 92 set of figures seen on a POTF cardback plus Yak. Most were complete and around 100 had their original card backs.

DF132D73-5049-406A-B684-D12B331CF860.jpg

Most of the missing card backs were due to the figures being obtained through the mail away offers and a lot of the cards had their name tags removed to prove this!

I love this collection and the story behind it so I have kept it all. All missing weapons have now been replaced and are displayed together. The card backs are just stored in the folder I got them in.

A few weeks ago I started reading this thread again & started thinking....maybe I should pick up the few card backs I'm missing and then I'll have a full set of card backs... so this happened!

CEBD057E-9716-4A44-848E-8D4C27BB9DDE.jpg

1B4777C0-181A-4D3E-B06E-CEE06948FB55.jpg

Sunday night eBay purchase from one seller. Worked out at £2.25 posted per card. Obviously not the best condition but will match the other card backs fine.

I'm going to collect the last few and then put them all in nice portfolio folders. Decided to stick to UK only cards, so Palitoy or Kenner with UK price tags but definitely no U.S. Price tags!

Cheers for the inspiration guys
Jimi

tronprogram

Padawan
Had a few new cardbacks over the last couple of weeks with still more on the way:

1_3.jpg

Got this holy grail piece. Never thought I'd own one but now finding the other SW 21 cards should be a fun challenge:

2_3.jpg

Thanks to J_G for this wonderful cardback that came today :)

3_2.jpg

Princess Raya

Padawan
That Meccano Luke is awesome, and the ESB 21 back just jogged my memory. PM on it's way to you Martin, hoping you still have the ESB 21bk Hammerhead for sale...

robpmarsh

Sith Lord
Put this in the LA thread....maybe it should be in here instead?

IMG_20150919_175020_zpsympru16x.jpg

Nice Fett card picked up last week to go with my HG card (on right)

Pomse2001

Grand Master
I received this 2 cardbacks with part of the bubbles still on the cardbacks and with danish price stickers on them in a trade today :D

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Not looked on this thread for a while, not sure why some very nice cardbacks. That Zuckuss LL is amazing. :shock:

Love the Trilogos Pomse2001, nice the bubbles are still attached.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom