Palitoy 12 & 20 Back Questions?

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

I presume the 41 Back card has an additional 11 figures on the back of it that do not appear on the 30 back card it is these 11 figures I am referring to in my previous post.

Thanks for your help

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yes, that's what I figured.

All of those, minus the Dengar exist on the 30 back with fully sealed examples in existence.

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Right just to b clear Ralph, the 11 extra figure on the 41 cardback -making it a 41 back r obviously not shown on the back of a 30 back card they DO however exist factory sealed on 30 back cards APART FROM DENGAR. Did u not check the link I sent u two posts ago :?: It shows 9 of the 10 available factory sealed on 30 back cards.

Cheers.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Several collectors have all 10 of them. And there are a number of collectors who have some/most

Palifan

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
Right just to b clear Ralph, the 11 extra figure on the 41 cardback -making it a 41 back r obviously not shown on the back of a 30 back card they DO however exist factory sealed on 30 back cards APART FROM DENGAR. Did u not check the link I sent u two posts ago :?: It shows 9 of the 10 available factory sealed on 30 back cards.

Cheers.

:lol:

This is getting painful!

At least you seem to be up to speed now Ralph and have looked at the relevant link and I know it's all confusing as Palitoy had released 40 figures by the time their 30 back card finished it's run. Things would be so much easier if they'd have released a new card back after the next 10 figures had been released after the first 20. All they did was change the size of the Palitoy logo on the front of the 30 back, which at least helps a bit.

All of this is very well documented on Mr Palitoy's guide so put a bit of time aside to go through it and all should become clear. I know it took me a little research to figure this all out but I got there in the end.

Now I'm just hoping I haven't made things even more confusing but best of luck with putting your set together Ralph, it sounds like it's going to be quite something and don't forget to share some pictures in the vintage showcase section (I'm sure you'll have lots more questions then about how to upload them as that's the biggest head scratcher there is on the forum when you first try to do it :lol: ).

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
And of course there are two versions of the first 10 ESB cards...just to make life more confusing!

I know you were asking about rarity too.

What is your actual goal? Knowing that, we could probably guide you in the right direction/point out potential issues etc.

A Palitoy collection is a great thing to put together, but depending on what you're going for can be very pricey and take a very long time!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
palitoyjunky said:
http://www.starwarsforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32475

Hi

I checked out the link you sent me and it looks like you have a impressive, most impressive collection thanks for sharing it with me.

By the way my name is Anthony, Wreck-It Ralph is my favourite Disney character.

Thanks

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
palitoyjunky said:

Cheers.

:lol:

This is getting painful!

At least you seem to be up to speed now Ralph and have looked at the relevant link and I know it's all confusing as Palitoy had released 40 figures by the time their 30 back card finished it's run. Things would be so much easier if they'd have released a new card back after the next 10 figures had been released after the first 20. All they did was change the size of the Palitoy logo on the front of the 30 back, which at least helps a bit.

All of this is very well documented on Mr Palitoy's guide so put a bit of time aside to go through it and all should become clear. I know it took me a little research to figure this all out but I got there in the end.

Now I'm just hoping I haven't made things even more confusing but best of luck with putting your set together Ralph, it sounds like it's going to be quite something and don't forget to share some pictures in the vintage showcase section (I'm sure you'll have lots more questions then about how to upload them as that's the biggest head scratcher there is on the forum when you first try to do it :lol: ).

Ian

Hi

I understand Mr Palitoy's guide will be an excellent source of information but as Gary pointed out in an earlier post it will not provide information on Rarity so if I wanted to know about 41 back rarity could somebody tell me which ones are the rarer and more difficult ones (presently) to get or send me a link to an existing post.

Sorry if this is painfull for you guys but people keep telling me the best way to learn the subject is to keep asking collectors like yourselves questions.

Thank you for your help.

sith-smith

Grand Master
It's not painful at all...I'm sure he was just joking, as people often do on here.

Keep asking questions.

As i said before with 41 backs, no one really knows rarity because few people are looking for them.

But my experience tells me that some ESB characters are tougher than others - lando and bossk for example are probably as tough, if not tougher than 41 back fett

Certainly they are tougher than their 30 back equivalent, particularly Lando who is quite common on 30.

Some of the SW characters pop up fairly frequently...R2, DSC, even Ben, Han and Leia do from time to time.

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
sith-smith said:
And of course there are two versions of the first 10 ESB cards...just to make life more confusing!

What is your actual goal? Knowing that, we could probably guide you in the right direction/point out potential issues etc.

A Palitoy collection is a great thing to put together, but depending on what you're going for can be very pricey and take a very long time!

Hi

My first aim was to put together a set of the first 20 preferably with 85 grades or better. I currently have 12 back Luke, Leia, Han, Stormtrooper, Vader, R2D2, C3PO, Sandperson, DSC and 20 Back Walrusman, Luke X Wing all are 85 grade figures mostly UKG. In an ideal world I would rather get the last three 12 backs and the last 4 twenty backs before moving on to 30 backs and then 41 backs. I started looking at 41 backs because I did not realise all the figures with the exception of Dengar were available on a 30 back card but after speaking to you guys I know realise this to be the case. Even after finding this out I am still interested in 41 backs as I have to be realistic about the possibility in acquiring some of these 30 backs so I would rather have a figure on a 41 back card than not have the figure at all because the 30 back equivalent is not available. I also quite like the 41 back card as it reminds me of the 20 back card which I also like.

I also understand that many of these figures are not for sale on the open market so I thought speaking to long standing collectors like yourselves might assist me in both my knowledge of the subject and acquiring some of the pieces I need.

I will post my figures to the site and introduce myself once my collection is more established any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Hi

Sorry if you are loosing the will to live at this point. I just wanted to clarify exactly what I am looking to buy now any of three 12 backs I need (Chewbacca, Jawa and Ben), any of the four 20 Backs (R5D4, Power Droid, Death Star Droid and Snaggletooth) I think I have just aquired Hammerhead and Greedo but I have not received them yet. I also need all 30 backs except Han Hoth as I already have him. Beggars can't be choosers so I would purchase these figures as and when they come available and in no particular order.

Thanks for all your knowledge and help.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Wreck-It Ralph said:
sith-smith said:

Hi

My first aim was to put together a set of the first 20 preferably with 85 grades or better. I currently have 12 back Luke, Leia, Han, Stormtrooper, Vader, R2D2, C3PO, Sandperson, DSC and 20 Back Walrusman, Luke X Wing all are 85 grade figures mostly UKG. In an ideal world I would rather get the last three 12 backs and the last 4 twenty backs before moving on to 30 backs and then 41 backs. I started looking at 41 backs because I did not realise all the figures with the exception of Dengar were available on a 30 back card but after speaking to you guys I know realise this to be the case. Even after finding this out I am still interested in 41 backs as I have to be realistic about the possibility in acquiring some of these 30 backs so I would rather have a figure on a 41 back card than not have the figure at all because the 30 back equivalent is not available. I also quite like the 41 back card as it reminds me of the 20 back card which I also like.

I also understand that many of these figures are not for sale on the open market so I thought speaking to long standing collectors like yourselves might assist me in both my knowledge of the subject and acquiring some of the pieces I need.

I will post my figures to the site and introduce myself once my collection is more established any help you can give me with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Hi Anthony,

I was indeed just joking as Gary said so no bad feeling meant, as I mentioned we were all there at one point or another and you're absolutely right to come here for advise and ask questions as it's the best way to find things out and there's a wealth of knowledge (I've certainly found out so much from here over the year).

It sounds like you already have a really impressive collection and some of the more difficult early ones so given some more time I'm sure you'll complete the first 20. I think it does make sense to complete this run first but if you have enough funds in reserve to be able to buy any of these should they turn up then it might be worth starting on the 30 backs when you get the chance. I've no idea about 41 backs so don't really know if it's easier to complete this run of the later released figures but I would still hold out for the 12 and 20 backs over them as those will turn up. Some of the 30 backs will probably be a different matter and it's up to you to choose to play the waiting game or maybe go with the 41's as a placeholder unless you're happy enough with them in your collection.

It's a real shame you weren't on the scene last year as there were a lot of 30 backs up for grabs through Vectis but they do still seem to have a few listed with each auction. Remember there are also other auction houses around the UK that might have some turn up so it's probably worth keeping an eye on them.

I've only been able to stretch to a resealed collection but have completed the first 30 with Yoda and Boba Fett 30 backs as well. That took me years to do so best of luck with finding the mocs. They are out there though and people continue to manage to put a run together so I'm sure you'll do it in the end.

Ian

sith-smith

Grand Master
I think if ultimately you want the 30 backs, 41 backs will be an unnecessary distraction from the overall goal.

As already said, I'd start with the 12/20's. Get those in the condition you most want.

Should any of the rare 30 backs turn up along the way and you have the funds available, then pick them up. With many of them you can be condition picky, so no need to rush if they aren't to your liking condition wise.

These ones in particular are fairly common...by 30 back standard

Han Hoth (which you already have - was my first one too!)
HRS
Lando
Luke Bespin
Leia Bespin
Lobot

Then followed by these...

Leia Hoth
Ugnaught
HRC
21b

And then...

Imperial Commander
AT AT Driver
Han Bespin
HST (I think this one is borderline with the next group)

Then finally...

WBG
FX7
IG88
Bossk
Yoda
Fett

I think that's fairly accurate according to groups, though within each group the order may change. Though this is just my take on it. Others may have seen things differently over the years. And the above is as much about demand as it is availability as it is rarity. FX7 is still surprisingly expensive even though quite a few have sold in recent years...a number of these sales though have been privately, so unless your in the right place at the right time, they can be missed!

Wreck-It Ralph

Jedi Master
Palifan said:
Wreck-It Ralph said:
sith-smith said:

Hi

Thank You

Hi Anthony,

I was indeed just joking as Gary said so no bad feeling meant, as I mentioned we were all there at one point or another and you're absolutely right to come here for advise and ask questions as it's the best way to find things out and there's a wealth of knowledge (I've certainly found out so much from here over the year).

It sounds like you already have a really impressive collection and some of the more difficult early ones so given some more time I'm sure you'll complete the first 20. I think it does make sense to complete this run first but if you have enough funds in reserve to be able to buy any of these should they turn up then it might be worth starting on the 30 backs when you get the chance. I've no idea about 41 backs so don't really know if it's easier to complete this run of the later released figures but I would still hold out for the 12 and 20 backs over them as those will turn up. Some of the 30 backs will probably be a different matter and it's up to you to choose to play the waiting game or maybe go with the 41's as a placeholder unless you're happy enough with them in your collection.

It's a real shame you weren't on the scene last year as there were a lot of 30 backs up for grabs through Vectis but they do still seem to have a few listed with each auction. Remember there are also other auction houses around the UK that might have some turn up so it's probably worth keeping an eye on them.

I've only been able to stretch to a resealed collection but have completed the first 30 with Yoda and Boba Fett 30 backs as well. That took me years to do so best of luck with finding the mocs. They are out there though and people continue to manage to put a run together so I'm sure you'll do it in the end.

Ian

Hi Ian

I thought you were joking from the tone of the response, I just rattle on a bit sometimes and irritate people accidentally.

Which other auction houses were you referring too?

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom