Should grading companies archive/case reproductions?

Should grading companies archive/case reproductions?

• No - repros should not be acknowledged by grading companies

Votes: 62 91.2%
  • Yes - better for fakes to be labelled than not

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
TK-7785 said:
Snaketibe said:
Mr-shifter said:
What you need is a poll. I will give you the two options a la yesterday's Facebook poll:

Should I extract the water from the butt in my garden:

A) from the top

B) from the bottom

That's perfectly clear, right?
I think you're all missing the point. Surely the entire water butt and its contents should be permanently archived inside a sealed perspex case to prevent the water being stolen.

You mean so the next potential buyer knows the water is reproduction.
The water might be reproduction, and I grant you the butt itself is a modern replacement, but the rest of it is completely original.

momike

Jedi Master
Talk about egg on your face lol.....who ever came up with that one should be sacked as I can't comprehend why anyone would think people/collectors would go for that in a million years so can only come to the conclusion it was a money spinning idea

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I would like to hear the opinions of the 5 people who voted yes and not just to shoot them down or anything like that. I genuinely would like to see their point of view on this. :)

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
The funniest part of the whole mess is that someone at CAS actually believed the story that the person submitting the cards was doing it so they could give them to their Mum to remind her of his childhood (or whatever the exact story was), and they'd never see the light of day again. Next thing they're up for sale for 2k each. I mean, talk about naive. It's pretty shocking they fell for that and extremely amateurish at best.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
theforceuk said:
I would like to hear the opinions of the 5 people who voted yes and not just to shoot them down or anything like that. I genuinely would like to see their point of view on this. :)

Snap. If any of those people want to PM me their reasoning I'm happy to post it on their behalf and guarantee complete discretion. Their name will only ever be known to me.

Though I half suspect those that voted "yes" just did it for shits and giggles.

Dannywhiteley

Jedi Master
There will be some (as there were on FB) that genuinely believe marking these as repro will seriously protect buyers in future. Like repros are a limited resource and this action 'takes one off the streets'. The fact another 10 unmarked repro will replace these graded ones would be laughable if not so concerning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom