Stands

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Which stands should I buy for displaying figures? I prefer the smaller type.

Cheers 8)

Palifan

Sith Lord
I always go with the smaller clear ones as they are the same ones that came with the Palitoy Death Star set. If you're using them for vintage figures it makes sense to me to try and keep it all vintage looking.

Ian

momike

Jedi Master
The guy who sells them on eBay is a pal of mine, the tool is the one used on the palitoy stands he got it of an ex employee years ago. Good stands, good service and a good guy :wink:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380860995635?redirect=mobile

Palifan

Sith Lord
I wondered why those stands were so close to the original ones I have, it now all makes sense! :D

Ian

sparkysx

Sith Lord
momike said:
The guy who sells them on eBay is a pal of mine, the tool is the one used on the palitoy stands he got it of an ex employee years ago. Good stands, good service and a good guy :wink:

Cool, already had his stands on my watch list, will order some.

thanks

Jez

Sith Lord
For the price you can't go wrong. Excellent at getting the figures close together but understandably not as stable as the wider pro tech ones.
I recently ordered a packet for my loft find figures; the stands arrived the next day. Great ebayer.

slim

Sith Lord
i have bought these stands for the past few years , quality made " small size " stands which make my complete loose run fit beside each other on one small shelf , look nowhere else mate :wink:

PGowdy

Grand Master
momike said:

Yeah, those are the best ones. 8)

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
momike said:

+1 for those their Great!

sparkysx

Sith Lord
I bought 100 of these, some of the figures have a stance that is too wide for both feet to land on the stand, they still support the figure though, just wondering if this bothers anyone else or do you use two stands?

cheers

mumbo

Sith Lord
sparkysx said:
I bought 100 of these, some of the figures have a stance that is too wide for both feet to land on the stand, they still support the figure though, just wondering if this bothers anyone else or do you use two stands?

cheers

As Jez mentioned above there are some larger pro tech ones that are ideal for the likes of Amanaman, Luke Stormie, Imperial Gunner etc. Should be able to source them on the bay.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Think I need the clear ones really, do already have some black ones but they are probably going on display in a detolf and the rest of the stands are clear, looks like I need about 11 more stands! :x

x-pack

Grand Master
Also, I think it's Bluedog who's designing new display cases that may hold a full run of figures. So keep an eye out for those 8)

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Do I go for a mix of 50 odd clear pro tech stands and 50 of the clear smaller stands, or just 100 of the pro tech stands? I don't like figures having one leg in mid air.

walkie

Sith Lord
The problem I have with the protech ones are they're just too big. OK for a gammy gaurd or rancor keeper but when it comes to a bespin gaurd or leia hoth they look stupid. The off centre peg doesn't help either.

Did recommend a mix of both.

sparkysx

Sith Lord
Not all the figures are a nice snug fit, some have peg holes that are too big, blue tack?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom