THE VINTAGE REBELLION : Episode 34 Launched

mr_palitoy

Sith Lord
AndyPreston said:
Jason, someone on here (I think it was on here, if not then definitely on Echo Vintage on FB) was recently showing a Kenner B-wing with a Palitoy sticker. I can't think of any other examples off-hand.

Yep, it's on google images. Thanks for the heads up!

Jason

Jez

Sith Lord
Seahawks said:
Yet another outstanding episode. Great interview with Brian "just call me" Angel and I really enjoyed the New Acquisitions segment. Was also waiting for Pete to throw down UFC style on the rest of the crew regarding reseals. :) Seriously though, you guys do a fantastic job with the podcast. I look forward to it each and every month. Thanks!

Thanks very much, massively heartening to read that our efforts are appreciated.

spoons said:
Enjoying the episode so far and just up to the debate on reseals.

I don't have an issue with them but thought Pete's point to Stu was very thought provoking

'I can't afford a sealed one is the exact same argument that people use to defend repros'

Spot on Pete!

Pertinent to me as I've just picked up a resealed Canadian 20 back TIE which was not known to exist until this year. It's not the cost but the rarity that made me buy it.

The bubble is poorly stapled on and I had planned to reglue it - now I'm not so sure?

Yeah i'm glad this element sparked so much debate. Whilst editing i wondered if i should delete it but i'm so glad i left it in to allow Pete his chance to educate us.

itfciain said:
Great episode guys - never like hearing the sound of my own voice but do appreciate you giving me the time to promote our stall at Celebration :D

We love having you on mate. After all, you were on the very first one, and thats more than i can say!

Palifan said:
Fantastic podcast as ever guys and I love the length of these as it means I can work away almost all day on my animation whilst listening to it.

Can't fault the podcast guys and really appreciate all the hard work you all put in each month to bring it to us. It really does make a difference and have a great time at Celebration this year for those attending. Even though I'm based in the US now and still can't make it I know one day I'll meet up with you all somewhere and have a great time!

Ian

Thank you sir, a great post (edited down) which means a lot.

robpmarsh said:
Great podcast as always guys.

Loved the reaction to my reseal Pali Ugnaught and the conversations this has sparked.

Thanks Rob, yeah i'm delighted with this part. Plus i really meant it, that little bugger looks the business!

Mini99 said:
Anyone who saw me driving home tonight would have thought that I was mad...I was listening to the Yak "muff" part of the podcast, as soon as the "word" was mentioned It was just ansking to end up going down the route it did.
A great moment, teally enjoyed lerning what a muff was, and for years I thought it was something else. :shock:
That's for making my day...still smiling now :D

Love it. There is nothing wrong with a Muff. The other lads clearly need educating :wink:

chipsteak said:
Great episode guys. Thanks for all the hard work that must go into these.

I had actually thought the TIEs in the first film were white! This is because the toys and comics were my childhood cannon; they were more familiar to me than the films before the video jet age.

Therefore in my stubborn head TIEs are white, Fett is blue grey, Cloud City is the chunkier McQuarrie version as featured on everything including wallpaper......

Thanks for the comments dude. It's lovely to see our work get this sort of reaction.

walkie said:
Only part way though listening to the podcast but I can help shed some light on the TFP "ghost" coo you referred to, otherwise known as a COO Family I figure, image below....

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the most obvious, in this case the COO text was stamped in the wrong half of the tool. This error would then have been spotted and repaired by filling in the holes. The remaining text or 'ghost' coo as some people call it is the imperfections in the repair.

teqK2ot.png

Wow what a great post, thanks dude. Fantastic info.

So glad we are seeming to be hitting the mark with you guys. Keep the feedback coming. We do form this podcast around your comments and suggestions. The listeners have such an influence on what we do. Next one due in plenty of time for Celebration :D

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
As usual a fantastic listen guys :D One thing though the section which mentions Toy Toni's,(unless I am mistaken) Rich was talking about Toni's selling for high prices still and mentioned a Tri-logo Han Bespin selling for £270 odd :roll: am assuming that was a slip of the tongue as there r no Tri Toni's right :?:

Jez

Sith Lord
palitoyjunky said:
As usual a fantastic listen guys :D One thing though the section which mentions Toy Toni's,(unless I am mistaken) Rich was talking about Toni's selling for high prices still and mentioned a Tri-logo Han Bespin selling for £270 odd :roll: am assuming that was a slip of the tongue as there r no Tri Toni's right :?:
Yes and no.
I'd have to go back and listen again but what I'm thinking is Richard was referring to one of many of legitimate MOCs he continues to sell via eBay and direct sales. He has stopped selling his crap and is still selling legit. Personally I'd be happy not buying anything from him, but some people are happy to or oblivious as to who he is and what he's done. The Tri Han would have been a Tony but a legit one

Richard_H

Grand Master
Found it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-FACTORY-ERROR-TRILOGO-HAN-SOLO-HOTH-GOOD-FOR-AFA-UKG-/252769453882?hash=item3ada3bc73a%3Ag%3ASdUAAOSwdGFYohAA

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Sure thing guys, yes Toni has sold some fantastic condition Tris. When I said Toni Tris I meant there are no such thing as Toy Toni Tris i.e. A Tri MOC that has been manufactured by him outside the factory :!:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Richard_H said:
Found it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-FACTORY-ERROR-TRILOGO-HAN-SOLO-HOTH-GOOD-FOR-AFA-UKG-/252769453882?hash=item3ada3bc73a%3Ag%3ASdUAAOSwdGFYohAA

Core what a stunning Tri Han Hoth :shock:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom