Grand Master
:| im on the fence

good points : music mainly for me, the falcon and of course stormtroopers

bad points : :lol: voice over, lightsaber excalibur? whats the point in that

the phantom menace teaser trailer was better :lol:

Jez

Sith Lord
Oh my good God!

OK, so i've been on a works social for 12 hours and i've got about 14 beers, tequilas and jaegers in me but f##k me that is awesome!
I must have watched it 6 times now; Opening scene great (leaves loads to the imagination), new droid, why the hell not, i prefer that to the rocket firing R2, the new hilted Lightsaber, again, why the hell not, that's progress. I love it, the weapon looks great. Leia's daughter looking well fiesty! But my best bit from an aircrew point of view is the flying! The uber low level X-Wings, thats fun, the pilots are enjoying that. Did you notice the contrails on the Falcon and the sand whipped up when it flew low level? Bloody amazing!
I'm glad there was no original cast, this film is more than that.
I never ever doubted Kathleen Kennedy. So chuffed with this.

jimmyp

Padawan
Ok, so i was'nt even gonna watch this trailer but with all the negative comments im reading i could'nt help myself as im so worried they are gonna fu ck this up again like the last time. :cry:

So im happy to say i think all the nagative comments are wrong and

It Looks F U C K I N G A M A Z I N G!!!!

Loved the Start when the guy pops up, (sh1t myslef), lol
Loved the Robot
Loved the Jedi in the Dark Forest with the new Saber
Loved the X-Wings
Loved the Falcon
Loved it all

Brilliant!!!!!

Ohh and by the way i hated Episode's 1,2, and 3

So ive got a good feeling about this new Star Wars Film already :D

Can't wait till next year now, its gonna be Epic.

This is gonna put Star Wars back on Top, Where it Belongs :D

The Dark Side of the Force has Re- Awakend :wink:

Robstyley

Sith Lord
I don't think it tells us much about the film but visually it's stunning. But then I would expect that from a brand new Star Wars film with that sort of budget. Question is, will it deliver on story line, characters and things like that? I hope they get the balance right, if its just action action action it will be disappointing. The original trilogy had great story, dialogue and humour without being silly, I hope we get some of that. The Falcon bit was brilliant, put a big smile on my face. I'm looking forward to it :D

HothJim

Padawan
It was great- exactly what a 'teaser' trailer should be in that it gave very little away. On a UK based forum I am surprised more hasn't been made of 2 British stars and their roles, in John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. Exciting stuff, and exactly as it should be, for this is not about the old stars but a passing of the torch to the future of the franchise.

That said, when the full trailer breaks next year and we get a line from Mark Hammil.......

The Falcon has had a wash, and I wonder if Lando is piloting one last time in there?

jambobbyb

Jedi Master
I think it looks terrible, Lucas handed it over to the McDonald's of the film world and that was never going to play well!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It's lucasfilm and bad robot that are making the film.

Mostly Bad Robot.

The people who made the OT and PT are making it.

From the script to the effects. Including Phil Tippet, Lorne Peterson and Lawrence Kasdan.

Disney are 'making' the film in the same capacity as 20th Century Fox did for the other 6. (A little overstated- but you get the point)

CRAZYHAZY

Jedi Master
Well after watching the trailer for the hundreth time. I like it.
The x wing and falcon scenes are class. That old familer sound of the tiefighter actually gave me goosebumps.

bobskins

Padawan
I've watched it quite a few times now and am really looking forward to seeing more next year.

Difficult to please everyone. It has to appeal to the younger generation and the type of films they are used to but also the older crowd who grew up with the originals. Fair play to JJ Abrams for taking on a job which, whilst awesome, is always going to attract a lot of criticism and negativity.

The x-wing shot looked super slick, the new saber perhaps a bit dodgy but we don't really know why it is like that yet. I would quite like to see the trailer on a cinema screen.

Don't forget folks, even if it turns out to be not what you were hoping for, the original trilogy will still be there! :D

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
It's a teaser trailer comprised of 10 shots.

To compare it to the TPM trailer isn't equal.

The Tpm teaser is actually a trailer. It gives you the Anakin side of the story. Lots if context. The 2nd trailer showed the NABOO queen context.

To compare it, take 10 shots of TPM AND Do the same edit as this one.

Also the TPM. Teaser is the best 2 minutes if montage ever.

This has no story, no content- it's just 10 shots.

Anyone else notice that the content if the trailer was all the stuff that leaked?

The saber is strange- but I don't think it will be gimmick (hope not).

That blade arcs energy from it. It could be amazing in a duel.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Also- I think Adam Driver is the one with the saber, but the voice is Andy Serkis.

There may be be 2 Sith.

tundra9

Sith Lord
Also just heard the voice is Andy Serkis, doesn't sound like it though, I'm still sayin Cumberbatch..
Compare the voice from ST into Darkness to the voiceover on the teaser...

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
Yeah the sabre blade looks and sounds different not sure about it, perhaps the jedi sabre will be different?

shawn_k

Sith Lord
It's pretty funny what an 88 second SW trailer can do to the internet. :lol:

It looks great to me so far, but I also am not a complete prequel hater. So far I like the look of things and I also still get that there should be some kid elements in these films. There always has been even in the OT, but I think we are just so used to them from our childhood that they don't seem so kiddie anymore. These movies do sell toys after all. As long as there isn't anything as in your face as Jar Jar or farts sounds I think we'll be fine, but hopefully there's a good story attached too.

For those comparing this to TPM trailer, remember that trailer was about 6 months before TPM was released. Things were a lot further along and the film was almost completed. This movie is still a year out and filming wrapped just last month. I bet some of these effect shots will be tweaked even further by the time we get the film next December.

Anyway, I guess I try to remain a realist and being optimistic until we get the final film. This was a tease. We still don't know the story and how things fit together in the SW universe yet, so I can't have a strong opinion one way or another on the film yet.

BruceW

Padawan
After watching it a few times (ahem) I liked it, it just didn't blow me away.

It would have been nice to see OT characters, but I get it, this is a new film, so let's introduce the new characters. Loved the shots of the X-wings and the Falcon. That was great.
Really don't like the beach ball droid. It's an odd design. I suppose it was added to give levity to the teaser.

Again, not blown away. I probably would have been had I seen that Falcon shot on a big screen instead of on my PC. That shot with the Falcon was awesome.

Even after saying all that...am I going to see the movie?
Oh, heck yeah! I'm very excited to see Han, Luke and Leia on the big screen again!

cracatilla

Padawan
Supporter
Loved it!
Roller droid nearly spoilts it.
Every other second sent shivers down my spine.
Even the black transition between the shots had me going.
The falcon doing manouvres is epic

Don't think the Voiceover is supposed to be yoda

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom