Trailer is up!!!

sith-smith

Grand Master
:eek: :shock: 8)

I think these new films are going to suffer from a number of problems. And this is general, not in relationship to what people have said on this forum.

1) People seem to think JJ Abrams should make the film that is their mind...the film as they see it should be. The truth is that is never going to happen...how could it? We've all got our own dreams of what we want to see and there's no way he could make something that will satisfy everything. As a result a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Not necessarily because the film isn't good, but because it isn't 'their' film

2) People want to see something OT like. The prequels it seems did a lot of damage for many people and there's a desperation to see Ep7 as a direct continuation from ROTJ in the ways that Jedi continued from ESB and so on. Having much of the original cast in it adds to that desire. This is also clearly not going to happen and probably shouldn't. It's been 30 years in terms of film making and in terms of Star Wars history. Film making has evolved so what can be done and what is expected of a movie has changed greatly since Jedi. Logically so too would the universe Lucas created. Luke leia and Han have aged and changed...so too would technology. So it makes sense that stormtrooper armour has evolved since Jedi as would other things, droids, sabers, Falcon, Ties etc. We saw that with the evolution of the clone trooper armour so it gives a kind of symmetry. There's probably going to be loads of throw backs to the OT, just like there were in the prequels. But ultimately this is a new movie, set in a new time.

I'm just grateful it's in the same universe that I've loved since I was 5

That said, that teaser trial certain was a tease. It's left more questions that it could possibly have answered and that's what it's meant to do. I am more desperate to see this movie than ever before.

It's going to have a different style than the OT and at first while watching the trailer I did find that difficult to accept. I was initially in two minds over the falcon scene as I was seeing it in a way I never saw it fly in the OT. It was like a completely different film franchise. However, once I accepted that I was just as guilty over 1 & 2 I posted above I watched it again and loved it.

So much so that when the Star Wars Music came on and the Falcon flew there were actually tears in my eyes.

Bring on December 2015. Can't wait.

And I'm actually worried I'd want to start collecting the toys! :?

grinchy

Sith Lord
found this, allthough i don't mind the prequels, it does some me up, art by Rob Tornoe
B3kKncFIQAA9muy_zps54fe272a.jpg

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
tundra9 said:
grinchy said:
found this, allthough i don't mind the prequels, it does some me up, art by Rob Tornoe

This!! I felt giddy all over! Even more than with TPM

Yup me too, first watch was amazing!!!

A couple of people have expressed concern over the roller droid. I love this guy, he fits the universe well, odd antiquated technology mixed with the new.

I like the new saber too, its got a crucifix feel to it giving the Sith a very dark gothic feel. Love it...

Love it all really, can't believe how excited it has got me. :mrgreen:

Jediknight3263827

Jedi Master
i loved it cant wait till its released people have got to remember that as well as trying to to keep all the OT fans happy they have got to bring the younger generation into it because after all we aint gonna be around for ever but hopefully Star Wars will be and to be honest i couldnt really think of anyone better than Disney to do this.
when we all saw Star Wars for the first time we where kids and loved it and when episode 1 was released my kids loved it and this is what its all about :D :D roll on Dec 2015 cant believe im 43 and im wishing a year of my life away :lol:

_Lee_

Sith Lord
That cartoon is bang on the money :)

I really hope these films do prove many people wrong (inc me) but i honestly have no real interest in them. Im OT, but i really do want people to get what they want from this and i hope it does come good.

Jez

Sith Lord
Nearly 21 million you tube views in a day!
Ok, a few dozen of them were me 8)

Michael Sith

Grand Master
Supporter
grinchy said:
B3kKncFIQAA9muy_zps54fe272a.jpg

Grinchy ...now that is spot on best post on the subject, totally sums it up 8)

I loved the Falcon Scene, the Dark overview, the X wings were awesome, for me it's SW and let's go with the flow, time will tell, but if we could all go back to being 10 year olds, we wouldn't have all of the baggage ....I for one can't wait !!,!!!!

Roll on Dec 15 STAR WARS 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

grinchy

Sith Lord
Glad the toon went down well, i'm a member of a few prop making boards and the naysayers are picking it apart, just enjoy it for what it is, a small taste of something cool, glad you guys for the most part are excited!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom