Vectis Auction - 40th Anniversary Sale

Lom

Jedi Master
Supporter
rhyfelyser said:
Another newbie question. How much do they charge to post your item you won in the auction? Thank you in advance.
Varies depending on size and value presumably but prices, whilst not cheap, are also not extortionate; they charged me £12 to pack and send a MoC last year - I just posted one this morning and it cost £7.25.

Actually - when you look at it that is quite a mark up!

wrighty

Sith Lord
AllThings80s said:
The thing that concerns me with these types of auctions is if you placed a pre-bid of £500 for something est at £250 and they start the auction at £500! Now there's no way of knowing if there were other bids driving it upto £500, or if the auction house just decided because you were the only bidder prepared to go to £500 that'll start it off at £500.

I am not sure it works this way. Richard will probably have a better idea on how the bidding works! I am sure he will chip in soon!!

Jez

Sith Lord
Some lovely pieces there, something for everyone i'd say.
Best of luck to everyone bidding. I hope that some SWFUKERs get what they are after.
MTFBWY

r5-d4cus

Padawan
I've put a total of 75 bids in, all low end bids on low end stuff but hoping to come away with something if I'm lucky. Good luck to everyone bidding later today!

wrighty

Sith Lord
r5-d4cus said:
I've put a total of 75 bids in, all low end bids on low end stuff but hoping to come away with something if I'm lucky. Good luck to everyone bidding later today!

75?? That's a quarter of all items on auction!! :lol:

mumbo

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
Some really interesting stuff in there 8)

I've also had my first vectis bid although not holding out much hope of winning :(

**** think I might have won something :shock: when do the notifications go out?

r5-d4cus

Padawan
Basically anything that was moc and up to £100 I put a cheeky bid on, hoping I'll get lucky and win a few pieces. Overall cost after commission would be around 4k and I'd end up with about twelve bib fortunas - but at an average of £40 odd quid per lot I won't end up with much... Probably just 12 bib fortunas :D

lejackal

Grand Master
mumbo said:
mumbo said:

I've also had my first vectis bid although not holding out much hope of winning :(

ha ha - you weren't practice bidding were you?

mumbo

Sith Lord
lejackal said:
mumbo said:
mumbo said:

Put a cheeky bid of 1800 on the vcj only to realise I'd triple tapped the zero :lol:

Think I may have won the 79bck LJ :?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
mumbo said:
lejackal said:
mumbo said:

Put a cheeky bid of 1800 on the vcj only to realise I'd triple tapped the zero :lol:

Think I may have won the 79bck LJ :?
Pop into your Vectis account and click on the lots won button, they keep a record there of all lots won, listed by the auction date

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom