Vectis Auction - 40th Anniversary Sale

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
Can anyone tell what 5312 went for, the poster acetate?

Also, curious about all the costume test photos - did they sell?

spoons

Grand Master
Bonsai_Tree_Ent said:
Can anyone tell what 5312 went for, the poster acetate?

Also, curious about all the costume test photos - did they sell?

5312 didn't sell

Its also saying the test photos didnt sell

Bonsai_Tree_Ent

Jedi Master
spoons said:
5312 didn't sell

Its also saying the test photos didnt sell

Thanks mate, that's interesting. Normally Vectis set the estimates low to encourage bidders but I suspected they might have been a bit top heavy with the estimates / reserve on those...

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
Hothrebel said:
Richard_H said:
That's correct Simon it does not work that way and possibly even illegal from memory. It starts from the estimate
What he said !!!
That may well be true, but I was outbid in the week on the one item I was interested in buying, and so I decided (since I was sadly not in a position to bid on the auction live) to up my maximum bid by a painful £100+ overnight to the absolute limit I was prepared to pay (and which happens to be over 3 times the auction's upper estimate price), and then would you believe it?! I come home this evening and check my email to find that I have won the auction for exactly my new high bid! Vectis knew the maximum amount I was prepared to pay (which is significantly over what it would have gone for on eBay, btw), and by pure chance the hammer price on that item was exactly that same amount! Well I never! As luck would have it, this means they have achieved the maximum possible commission out of both me and the seller. Lucky old Vectis!

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
I left bids on four lots, none of them closed on my highest left bid amount; on one of them actually the hammer dropped at just over 50% of the bid I'd left so all seems good to me.

spoons

Grand Master
I've always been a bit suspicious but today was convinced it was all legit

Pre-bid £200 on something,

Bidding opened at £170 and ended at £220

Looks legit to me

Snaketibe

Grand Master
Supporter
To be clear, joking aside, I am not of course actually accusing Vectis of anything underhand here. I am naturally annoyed that it sold for so high a price, as IMHO it genuinely shouldn't have done and it's sod's bloody law that my maximum bid is the one that won it. I do dislike that fact that Vectis holds all the cards in this game, but they would swiftly go out of business if they did engage in anything untoward. It IS a coincidence that my (very) high bid is the same as the hammer price in this case, and it's extremely irritating to boot, however I do have the consolation of being the new owner of something I wanted... I just hope it's packed well in a very sturdy box when they send it so our friends in the postal service can't mangle it.

mumbo

Sith Lord
Yep I won :D probably paid over the odds but got a 79bck Luke Jedi.

£36 in commission and vat :|

The invoice mentions nothing about postage costs, it's showing as £0.00. I presume they'll be charging postage so how does it work?

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
mumbo said:

The invoice mentions nothing about postage costs, it's showing as £0.00. I presume they'll be charging postage so how does it work?

How it has worked in the past for me is that unless you call/email to confirm you are collecting they will box up your item (all been very well packed in my experience) and then charge you on the same CC you have left for the bids before sending. The post is not cheap, but they do use a decent amount of materials and of course have to pay someone to take time to package your item.

Again, in my experience, the postal service is slow. you will need to be patient... all good things come to those who wait.. I have waited as much as 6-8 weeks in the past, I also had items in hand within 2 weeks post auction too... it has though (again in my experience) got quicker each time I won item(s), so I guess depending on the volume of lots, it may be even quicker these days.

mumbo

Sith Lord
SAVORY100 said:
mumbo said:

How it has worked in the past for me is that unless you call/email to confirm you are collecting they will box up your item (all been very well packed in my experience) and then charge you on the same CC you have left for the bids before sending. The post is not cheap, but they do use a decent amount of materials and of course have to pay someone to take time to package your item.

Again, in my experience, the postal service is slow. you will need to be patient... all good things come to those who wait.. I have waited as much as 6-8 weeks in the past, I also had items in hand within 2 weeks post auction too... it has though (again in my experience) got quicker each time I won item(s), so I guess depending on the volume of lots, it may be even quicker these days.

Ok thanks for the info :)

SF_S

Padawan
I've won an item (re-seal jedi boba MOC) on a Thursday auction, think it might have been the last SW auction and it arrived at my door the following Thursday !! :)

mumbo

Sith Lord
r5-d4cus said:
I've put a total of 75 bids in, all low end bids on low end stuff but hoping to come away with something if I'm lucky. Good luck to everyone bidding later today!

Come on spill the beans, do you need to sell a kidney or not :lol:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Snaketibe said:
To be clear, joking aside, I am not of course actually accusing Vectis of anything underhand here. I am naturally annoyed that it sold for so high a price, as IMHO it genuinely shouldn't have done and it's sod's bloody law that my maximum bid is the one that won it. I do dislike that fact that Vectis holds all the cards in this game, but they would swiftly go out of business if they did engage in anything untoward. It IS a coincidence that my (very) high bid is the same as the hammer price in this case, and it's extremely irritating to boot, however I do have the consolation of being the new owner of something I wanted... I just hope it's packed well in a very sturdy box when they send it so our friends in the postal service can't mangle it.

I imagine they are subjected to audits etc and there should be a record of bidding so I would think it was just unfortunate that you were bid up to that amount.

Mini99

Sith Lord
Supporter
Looking forward to seeing all your "new acquisitions" soon.
I hope that everything arrives safely.

spoons

Grand Master
momike said:
Does anybody know what the DT Luke, Vader and Ben sold for?

Here you go

IMG_4275.PNG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom