Your worst pass-up

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
thejettasetta said:
My worst pass up was a load of head pull test, QC figures, most were unpainted or non production colours, some were torso only, some were complete, I passed due to the cost & being a bit skint, they were around £100 each at the time, I bought 3 of them, including this Luke Jedi, passed on another 20 or so:

You win :shock:

Joe

Grand Master
Yeah that's a winner (or loser) right there. Out of interest what were the other two? Ackbar? Lando?..Leia Bespin?

thejettasetta

Padawan
Joe said:
Yeah that's a winner (or loser) right there. Out of interest what were the other two? Ackbar? Lando?..Leia Bespin?

Leia Boushh & Madine

Sold the Leia & Madine but even more stupid than passing on the others I gave the Leia Boushh away in the RS secret santa.

Unpainted torso & head with production limbs I added.

What an idiot.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
skywalker said:
chantelle 20yr old Blonde I met in a Manchester night club in 1998 and she had huge.... oh sorry wrong type of pass up. :wink: :lol:

I think we've all had those regrets....

Clipper ESB Vader - I tried to negotiate. Marcus dived in..... bugger

decipher28

Padawan
ScruffyLookingNH said:
Mmmm....sounds more like a lucky escape than a regret to me. Look like these "super minty" ones, did they? This person had THREE and all were TTs. Someone in the US did a deal direct....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222084684648?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222080894865?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bootyhunter said:
That's what I was thinking too..

There was a desert scene rotj boba fett and i think a space one this around 97/98.When did tt start making fakes?.I didn't really scrutinise the carded figures.At the time i was trying to get a loose set and they were not my focus,the dealer had quite a few other nice mocs which at the time i thought were cool but i wasn't actively collecting mocs.

I had a choice of 2 mocs at donnington toy fair.
a trilogo hybrid ccp or luke jedi with blue saber both £30each!
this was around 1996 so went for luke which I still have great
but twenty years on and still cant find a ccp and still 6 short of tri set :evil:

a friend of mine also passed on a trilogo jawa for £40 because it wasn't mint
in the late 90s.

Pomse2001

Grand Master
In 2005 a vader and kenobi with dt saber sold for £1000 each. I had the money but I thought I would get them cheaper another day.

Today they sell for £5000 each :roll:

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
In the late 90s I used to go to a shop in Croydon called Modellers Loft. I rem seeing a small cabinate full of Palitoy 30 backs priced between £70-90 each in around 1997. I took the Luke Bespin for £80 and left the rest :cry: Also rem seeing a Palitoy 12 back Ben for £230-left that too :x

Joe

Grand Master
currymonster6290 said:
I had a choice of 2 mocs at donnington toy fair.
a trilogo hybrid ccp or luke jedi with blue saber both £30each!
this was around 1996 so went for luke which I still have great
but twenty years on and still cant find a ccp and still 6 short of tri set :evil:

a friend of mine also passed on a trilogo jawa for £40 because it wasn't mint
in the late 90s.

In theory you could quite easily trade that Blue Saber LJ for a Hybrid CCP..that is, if you weren't so much of a hoarder :lol: :lol:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Joe said:
In theory you could quite easily trade that Blue Saber LJ for a Hybrid CCP..that is, if you weren't so much of a hoarder :lol: :lol:

Really, are they going for that much now? I know the trilogo ones are very scarce but the Kenner ones used to be pretty common, under £150.

Joe

Grand Master
edd_jedi said:
Joe said:

Really, are they going for that much now? I know the trilogo ones are very scarce but the Kenner ones used to be pretty common, under £150.

I thought he was talking about a Trilogo! :lol: He's got about 6 of them so it wouldn't surprised me if he had a blue saber one too!

stormcab

Sith Lord
Great thread.

Although it can hardly be classed at passing up for $3000, I faffed about deciding whether to buy a Lili Ledy ERG AFA 80 that just came up of Facebook on Friday. It's my number one grail piece I'm after. The guy had no feedback that I could see, so I asked about on here until Iain Sanderson said he was well known and trustworthy. I decided to go for it and afterwards sell some of my Palitoys to fund it. Well I got a message back saying it had sold.......... less than a minute before I PMd him :cry: :cry:

Joe

Grand Master
stormcab said:
Great thread.

Although it can hardly be classed at passing up for $3000, I faffed about deciding whether to buy a Lili Ledy ERG AFA 80 that just came up of Facebook on Friday. It's my number one grail piece I'm after. The guy had no feedback that I could see, so I asked about on here until Iain Sanderson said he was well known and trustworthy. I decided to go for it and afterwards sell some of my Palitoys to fund it. Well I got a message back saying it had sold.......... less than a minute before I PMd him :cry: :cry:

I wouldn't worry too much, he's one of the more common carded Ledy figures out there so I'm sure there will be another chance to own one.

000_0522.jpg

$3000 (despite the grade) seems like a pretty high price to me too...although it doesn't surprise me that it sold in a fraction of a second on FB :lol: (probably to someone who believes it's unique!)

stormcab

Sith Lord
Joe said:
stormcab said:
Great thread.

I wouldn't worry too much, he's one of the more common carded Ledy figures out there so I'm sure there will be another chance to own one.

000_0522.jpg

$3000 (despite the grade) seems like a pretty high price to me too...although it doesn't surprise me that it sold in a fraction of a second on FB :lol: (probably to someone who believes it's unique!)

WHAT THE ACTUAL F......! Who owns all these? *cries*. Well then it was probably the gods looking out for me. Must say I missed out on a few items in the past which I thought were good deals, was gutted, only to go on and get them cheaper a little while later.

Joe

Grand Master
They were all owned by a bit of a tit and I think he's parted with some (if not all of them) since the picture was taken years ago but it just goes to show you if one person can put together a group like that then they aren't the rarest item in the world.

I reckon you could easily get one closer to $1500 ungraded, most of the more common Ledy figures should be around the $900-1500 range these days and graded maybe $2000 tops. That's why I thought $3k was a tad high but hey..if it sold it sold.

Thunderpit

Padawan
Once in the 90s i was offered the complete set of PoPy figures for 80 guilders each. that was roughly 25 pounds each back then. I passed.
A while later i was offered a whole box of UHU carded figs, i only bought 2.
had a trilogo madine in my hands, for 1000 guilders back then. I passed.
At a belgium Toy Fair in the mid 90s there was a guy offering me 8 of the small meccano carded 12b. I decided to pass since i was after more kenner 12backs.

and if i think about it, i passed on way more, so I stop now before I head into the park with a piece of rope and not come back....:)

theguiltyone

Sith Lord
Not so much a pass up but it still sucks when I think about it, a few years ago reports of my collecting death were greatly exaggerated so I missed an opportunity for a hand painted first shot LXW.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom