2022 World Cup Thread

lejackal

Grand Master
I'm all for a more rugby style "the clock stops for x,y,z" (or a time added version) if it wins us the NLD in extra time, not so much if you get a last gasp penalty to take the points 😂😂😂

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Not that it matters because we won 6-2, but how the f**k was that Arengtina penalty awarded when the bear hug on Maguire wasn't? VAR really is ridiculous.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
All going as predicted so far. The big sides duffing the wee ones, Ecuador beating Qatar (who look utter shite), England beating Iran (who also look shite) and Saudi arabia beating Argentina..............

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I might have to revise my claim on the European sides, pretty much all of them look like it's a tournament too far for the squads they have picked.

Belgium, Wales, and Portugal have all looked over the hill and Poland, Holland, Croatia, Denmark, England, and Germany all look various shades of meh.
Serbia and Switzerland were never going to pull up any trees and Spain are very much a work in progress.

No one has impressed me so far. Argentina look like a Championship side with Lionel Messi in it. Brazil might well win this despite being no more than the tallest dwarf.

Maybe it's just me but International football really is a poor second to the CL now. The difference in standard is night and day.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I agree pretty crap standard generally, be surprised if anyone outside France, Brazil or Spain win it. Saying that teams can have off nights and go out on pens. The Spain team of 2010 or the Brazil team of 2002 would walk this World Cup.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it is sad that international football has lost its magic, a bit like the FA Cup. As you say it's a bit like a half hearted exhibition, and way too many over the hill players involved. I am quite enjoying seeing some players I have never seen before though, as I only really watch PL and CL usually.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I haven't managed to see more than about 45 mins of any game, and missed about a third of them totally with work and kids. It doesn't strike me as the best tournament so far, but it's often the last group games and the knock outs where the jeopardy makes it better for a neutral.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
FAC draw tonight. City to get a home tie against a non league/league two side. Pool to return to type and draw a PL side. Two absolute certs I'd say.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah I've also watched bits of lots of games rather than any games all the way through (mainly down to the times they are on, it's annoying all the good games are on at 7, kids bed time!)

It is good that most groups are going to the final game, I think only France and Brazil through so far.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Well that really sums Ronaldo up - rather than congratulate his team mate on a stunning goal, he tries to claim it for himself! He didn't even touch it :ROFLMAO:

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
So this week is going to be really interesting, only 2 teams out and 3 through so far. 27 teams with a chance of qualifying still!

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Well that really sums Ronaldo up - rather than congratulate his team mate on a stunning goal, he tries to claim it for himself! He didn't even touch it :ROFLMAO:
You know my opinion of him, and no other player in the world would do that. Apart from Harry Kane ;-)

Half right anyway 😂
Yeap. Liverpool draw Wolves in the 3rd round for the 3rd time in six years. 🙄🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
We're coming home. France will win it now. I can't believe my dream of Holland winning it didn't come true.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom