Premier League 22/23 Thread

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ehhh if twitter is to be believed Ange's first suggestion for a signing for Spurs was……..Harry Maguire!

I don't care if he has JUST been announced, if I was Daniel Levy and he said that I would sack him on the spot.

Dafuq is Harry Maguire the solution to any club's problems? Let alone a club who have, as Edd has mentioned once or twice, defensive issues. Ie their back five are ****ing shite.

Putting Harry Maguire in there will have Spurs in the Championship.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
If Spurs want Maquire, they need to move fast that's all I can say. He's our best centre back and there is a long queue for him. Also a great captain, if anyone at Spurs is reading this, I will personally drive you up to Manchester tomorrow to get the deal done. We don't want City or Liverpool snapping him up.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Yes, I bet Utd will play very hard ball for him.
In the unlikely event the rumour is true, I suspect the stumbling block will be wages and if he feels Spurs are good enough. Given he apparently thinks he's world class and CL level.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Ohh and fingers crossed for WH tonight.

It'd be nice to see a different English side win a European trophy

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Understandable.

From what I have heard there isn't much between the teams. Fingers crossed. If nothing else, it cant be as bad as the EL final.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Fiorentina been the better side, albeit without creating much. That was a let off though. Keeper needs to do better for me.

Ref has been poor, both ways.

WH fans have been worse. Throwing stuff onto the pitch. Seriously!?

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Never a penalty.
They are given more often than not now, but that's not a penalty. Not that I think WH or @Cazza give a ****!

Does that cancel out all the dodgy pens you had against you in the PL?

Arse, Fiorentina scored.

lejackal

Grand Master
Never a penalty.
They are given more often than not now, but that's not a penalty. Not that I think WH or @Cazza give a ****!

Arse, Fiorentina scored.
Really? His arm pushing the ball away wasn't exactly a natural running motion?

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I meant to post earlier but to busy, I genuinely hope West Ham win tonight. Good luck the hammers!

Well done West Ham congratulations @Cazza

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Thanks fellas- poor game, but just about did enough! Can't believe we've won something- so happy!!!!
@Robstyley & @benny100 we did it
Never a penalty.

Arse, Fiorentina scored.
Thought it was a definite pen- pushed the ball away from Bowen. We didn't play well, but Fiorentina weren't great, either. The shithousery and reffing was dreadful in the first half. Embarrassing. Reckon someone must've spoken to the ref at half time, because he seemed better in the second, although where on earth did all that extra time come from?! Still, it didn't make a difference in the end! COYI!!!!

Ps- was so worried those idiot fans were going to derail the whole thing, but thankfully they stopped after the players went over.

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yeah it looked like the game was about the be abandoned for a minute, what were they thinking? Surely it must be so easy to identify and ban them.

Well done hammers, nice to see an English side not fall at the last hurdle, I was convinced it was going to go to penalties after 85 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom