Another deluded eBayer - Jawa Palitoy 12 back

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
itfciain said:
friendly warning edit :lol:

Haha didn't have to read the unedited version to know what that was all about :lol:

Lol glad you agree. I tried to get that one and left a sensible bid to try and flip flop at a sensible price with a friend in mind. I thought £600 value and to be honest it's in worse condition than I thought, never saw the dinged bubble and the top half is really faded, glad I didn't win. He'll be trying to sell the battered DSD next for £10k!

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
The £800 one looks very nice indeed, but as said, has been there for months, showing it's probably overpriced. The other one can't be worth more than £250 in the state it's in, surely?

palitoyjunky

Sith Lord
Alert alert :!: The dickhead has dropped his price to £2300 :!: :!: Snap it up snap it up :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

maxf

Jedi Master
It looks horrible - it's really quite faded so would stand out like a sore thumb in a run. Its not rare enough to put up with such an obvious flaw, IMO.

I would struggle to pay more than £400 or so for that, because it would only ever be a placeholder.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Not only that he now says it has a crack. He paid over a thousand for the pair. I think the best he'll get for the two is £700.
A lesson for all not to be greedy and know your market before you make bids especially if you're looking to make a profit.

sith-smith

Grand Master
It's all the hype thanks to some major Vectis auctions.

Where 5k comes from though is mad. Even that Vectis one recently went for £1400. Asking for 5 is beyond greed

maxf

Jedi Master
The same seller seems to have been the winner of the 4 figures sold last week for 2100 (Ben, leia, Han and chewie).

Ben and leia were obvious reseals and are listed on eBay as such. Han might have been ok and chewie had a decent bubble lift (at best). It will be interesting to see how the Han and chewie are listed!

dianoga77

Padawan
I have just seen the han 12bk listing on ebay by this seller am seeing some signs of glue dots inside the bubble on pics 4 6 7 ?? this does not seem right for a soc as described :?

Palifan

Sith Lord
maxf said:
The same seller seems to have been the winner of the 4 figures sold last week for 2100 (Ben, leia, Han and chewie).

Ben and leia were obvious reseals and are listed on eBay as such. Han might have been ok and chewie had a decent bubble lift (at best). It will be interesting to see how the Han and chewie are listed!

Well looking at ebay the Han's up for sale (and probably Chewie will follow), and it appears that they're sealed.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Vintage-Palitoy-1978-Star-Wars-Figure-12a-Back-Card-Luke-Nr-Mint-SOC-/371316572906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item56743142ea

Looks like the seller's looking for a good return on them but 500 for a reseal really is being greedy in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Vintage-Palitoy-1978-Star-Wars-Figure-12a-Back-Card-Princess-Leia-Organa-/371316515137?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5674306141

I know they probably won't get this but it's really only going to push prices up higher which is sad to think. Oh well, it's what these traders like to do and hopefully people will see some sense in not getting pulled into these super inflated prices.

Ian

dianoga77

Padawan
Chew is listed as well , lks ok but would have to study it under microscope b4 handing over ££££ going by the others that came from the same lot :roll:

Palifan

Sith Lord
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ultra-RARE-Vintage-Palitoy-1978-Star-Wars-Figure-12a-Back-Chewbacca-Nr-Mint-SOC-/371316576224?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item5674314fe0

Best of luck with that price for the condition it's in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom