Another deluded eBayer - Jawa Palitoy 12 back

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
monkeyboy said:
millionsoftoys said:
BOYS!!!!
I think again you are very unfair in the name calling.. and biting at every opportunity towards me.. We deal with hundreds of toy ranges including SW and have done for over 2 decades, this is a business for us and many of our items come from our stocks that we have had for many years, private individuals and auctions.

Images dont always tell a true reflection of condition, and our buyers are welcome to visit our offices to view, which many of them do. I can assure you that the prices are based on rarity and condition, also knowing the provenance of the toys is really important. Many of you are only looking at previous auction information without knowing the facts.

Lucy
What a load of garbage.
You are the used car salesman who has picked up an E-type full of bodyfiller with a rusty chassis, and now you're sticking it on the forecourt for full price.
So you are either A. Completely ignorant of used E-type prices regarding condition. Or B. Hoping some mug who's not really sure what he's looking at (but really wants an E-type) comes along and you put you're arm around his shoulder and say 'well mate, that's what they're going for nowadays'
You don't care about E-types, you're just in it for the money, money, money etc
Hope you're garage roof collapses.
Have a nice day 8)

Loving the analogy, absolutely nailed it.

Palifan

Sith Lord
Well done Lucy for changing your listing. These will all do very well I'm sure and even though they probably won't get where you originally priced them you will get a true value based on condition. Also with the price you paid and in todays market I get the feeling you'll be happy with the return as well as making some collectors very happy.

I think you've really made the right move by listening to some of the comments on here and I wish you all the best with it. I don't think the people on here are a bad lot, we all enjoy passing on advise and knowledge when we can and I think there's a lot of benefit from acting on this.

Ian

Fishtalk

Jedi Knight
Yes, respect for doing the right thing Lucy. As Ian says, you wont get what you were originally asking for but you should see some profit.

Very interested to see the final prices on these.

sith-smith

Grand Master
Fair play

Definitely a better way to go compared to some of the twats who've been on here with ridiculous prices!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
I truly hope you get your money back at least, but with ebay and Paypal fees and the fees from the auction house I think it will be difficult, but who knows.

Remember chaps these auctions have cost the best part of £3,500 including fees. So the seller will have to get back nearly £4000 for them to break even. Tough ask especially when two of them are opened. May have a chance with Vectis but not sure about on eBay.

benny100

Sith Lord
I see auctions from sellers like this, trying to mug collectors off with ridiculous over pricing and I don't even bother looking through their listings. It's a free market where you can attempt to sell what you want for how much you want but it's just a red flag for me and simply means I skip their listings in the future.
Their loss I guess.

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
I'm not quite sure why the seller is getting credit for changing the listing to auctions, they're clearly panicked into selling quickly, and they'll still be trying to maximise their return. They're not doing it to benefit a collector otherwise they'd have just left a collector to buy them in the first place.

Collectors and proper dealers are never going to see eye to eye. Abit of flipping, particularly on common items, isn't an issue to anyone on here but I know at least two people who'd have loved to buy these for their own collections.

walkie

Sith Lord
jedisearcher said:
Collectors and proper dealers are never going to see eye to eye.

Agreed

Abit of flipping, particularly on common items, isn't an issue to anyone on here

But who determines what is common and Ok to resell/flip? People are always going to buy and sell if there's money in it, you will never stop this happening.

but I know at least two people who'd have loved to buy these for their own collections

Now they have their chance, starting at 99p

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Predictably the seller finally shows their true colours.

I think it's just as likely that they've taken a very average offer just to make sure they got something reasonable back. The auction was hardly setting the word on fire was it.

Even if the jokers came back and told us what they said they got would anyone believe them?

millionsoftoys

Youngling
palitoyjunky said:
Alert alert :!: The dickhead has dropped his price to £2300 :!: :!: Snap it up snap it up :!: :!: :!:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hello Palitoyjunky
I would appreciate it if you refrain from calling me a di**head
Your comments and your abuse is not welcomed at all and are giving this forum a bad name
Oh and by the way my Name is Lucy so I am NOT a He as you refer
In respect to Han SOLO it has been listed at 99p on an eBay auction to sell for what it is worth to the right collector the same for all the others!
Is 99p more in your price range for this figure?
If you have any further comments regarding any of our items if you can be a little more constructive and polite it would be appreciated
Regards
Lucy
Director TMG

millionsoftoys

Youngling
jedisearcher said:
Predictably the seller finally shows their true colours.

I think it's just as likely that they've taken a very average offer just to make sure they got something reasonable back. The auction was hardly setting the word on fire was it.

Even if the jokers came back and told us what they said they got would anyone believe them?

Hello Jedisearcher
Just wondering what you mean by calling me a Joker who has shown their true colours?
We don't mind discussion regarding our items but if you can refrain from such abusive terms it would be appreciated
If you can let me know what you actually mean this would be helpful
In respect to Chewbacca it has been pulled off auction as an offer was accepted from a private collector at a price that was correct for the figure - Let me just say it was a good deal for everyone!
The details are not up for discussion but the remaining figures we have are all started at 99p as you are aware (a little more affordable for collectors wouldn't you say!)
So they will get the true price they are worth on the day - Which is this Saturday afternoon!
Regards
Lucy

jedisearcher

Sith Lord
Lucy,

Listing the Chewbacca for £7k, then 99p then pulling it entirely for a private bid is poor form (like aussiejames has succinctly put), and makes you look unprofessional. I'm pretty sure ebay would feel the same and out of interest, how do you think ebay feel about not getting their fee on this transaction that they've publicised for you?

That's my explanation for the comments I made.

As for the term "jokers" being "abusive", I've just checked the definition of abusive, being:

"extremely offensive and insulting" or "engaging in or characterized by habitual violence and cruelty"

With respect, I'm not sure the term "jokers" can in any way fall into those categories so we'll just leave it there.

I won't be responding again and as a previous customer of yours I won't be doing business with you again (I'm sure others feel the same).

indianawars

Sith Lord
I have to be honest, for what it's worth, I won't be doing business with millions of soft toys again either. You need to understand that proper collectors have a tight community. So as a business, you have to gain our respect, and not see us as one big cash cow. Because at the end of the day, we are the ones keeping you in business.

monkeyboy

Padawan
jedisearcher said:
Collectors and proper dealers are never going to see eye to eye.

The difference here being most people are on here to look out for each other and treat each other fairly.. Lucy and 'millions of toys' are here to make as much money out of us as possible (or to give information that enables her to make as much money as possible) Beyond that we are of no use to her. But hey ho life goes on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom