Another deluded eBayer - Jawa Palitoy 12 back

wrighty

Sith Lord
This is still doing the rounds!! :lol:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=131510122037

Kris3110

Youngling
Wrighty, you are very observant.

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. Yes I haven't sold it yet as I haven't received what I think is a reasonable offer.

I know it has damage, as listed but I think its worth a bit more than the £120, £150 offers I had in original ebay sale don't you!

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Kris3110 said:
Wrighty, you are very observant.

Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention. Yes I haven't sold it yet as I haven't received what I think is a reasonable offer.

I know it has damage, as listed but I think its worth a bit more than the £120, £150 offers I had in original ebay sale don't you!

Sorry mate you're not going to get £1000 for it. My original estimate I gave you of £400ish is probably about right and I think some of the other prices you were given have lead you to believe it's worth more than that. The value difference between a mint carded figure and one with problems is huge, plus I don't think it is helped by the fact your figure has been doing the rounds. You know what they say familarity breeds contempt.

I'm sure you'd have been happy with £300-£400 before you came on these forums so an offer near there should be snapped up.

Andyclarke

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
I truly hope you get your money back at least, but with ebay and Paypal fees and the fees from the auction house I think it will be difficult, but who knows.

Remember chaps these auctions have cost the best part of £3,500 including fees. So the seller will have to get back nearly £4000 for them to break even. Tough ask especially when two of them are opened. May have a chance with Vectis but not sure about on eBay.

Well the auctions have completed for Millionsoftoys and let this be a lesson to all. Just because there is high demand at the minute does not mean you can set your own high price level and expect to get it.

Closed amounts on ebay:
DSD £375
Jawa £450
Han £957
Ben £127
Leia £181

Total £2,090

Now with fees etc I estimated the seller would have needed to achieve nearer £4000 to break even.

So unless Chewbacca sold for at least £1,800 they wouldn't have broke even and I doubt very much they were offered anywhere near this!

wrighty

Sith Lord
Hi Kris! If you getting only £120-130 at auction on eBay then currently that's what people are willing to pay. I think the previous estimate on the valuation thread says maybe £300-400 is reasonable but again that's to the correct buyer. If there are no buyer maybe you should pull the listing and try again in a few months or but a BIN price around £300-400 rather than £1000 that will put people off. Just my opinion but good luck in sale!!

Kris3110

Youngling
Ok., Thanks for the advice. I have had some offers already. So I will just see how it goes first & then may remove it from ebay for a while.

I had offers from collectors on here of £250 max.

I think as you said the £400 is about what I am looking for.

Thanks

fuzzybuzzytoys

Sith Lord
Andyclarke said:
Andyclarke said:
I truly hope you get your money back at least, but with ebay and Paypal fees and the fees from the auction house I think it will be difficult, but who knows.

Remember chaps these auctions have cost the best part of £3,500 including fees. So the seller will have to get back nearly £4000 for them to break even. Tough ask especially when two of them are opened. May have a chance with Vectis but not sure about on eBay.

Well the auctions have completed for Millionsoftoys and let this be a lesson to all. Just because there is high demand at the minute does not mean you can set your own high price level and expect to get it.

Closed amounts on ebay:
DSD £375
Jawa £450
Han £957
Ben £127
Leia £181

Total £2,090

Now with fees etc I estimated the seller would have needed to achieve nearer £4000 to break even.

So unless Chewbacca sold for at least £1,800 they wouldn't have broke even and I doubt very much they were offered anywhere near this!

Good, **** em

I was going to bid on a couple but Lucy had blocked me from bidding awhile ago due to me asking her if a pop up sabre R2 she had for sale once was a real or repro

My least fav eBay seller ever

aussiejames

Sith Lord
Millionsoftoys ended live auction early: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Kenner-Star-Wars-Figure-RARE-Cloud-Car-Pilot-Complete-1981-No-COO-/351403114815?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=WZDV0JThiCZNzF2rBD3oiAEUvz0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hope you got offered & accepted one cent in the dollar of value :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom