Anyone else have a fear of blood tests and needles?

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
I just need to get my results now next Thursday

basically a month ago I woke up and noticed an unusual heart beat, one of the beats was always off time with the rest and much more of a thud that also felt like it was coming from a different area in the heart and then I realised this was happening everytime I breathed in and then out I'd get one of those.

Since then I've been well aware of it that it keeps me awake at night and its still there in the morning so worrying that is been like that for a month I decided to see my doctor

she explained that it sounded like an ecotopic heartbeat which everyone has in there life at some point. the heart beats but it can quite do it all so it sends signals to another part of the heart for help so that bit does it instead and that's why its out of time, she said its a bit weird its been going on for a month though and so I've had a blood test and a basic ecg, results next week and I may have to have an ecg for 24 hrs and an echo.

best case scenario is they find no problems and it passes or i'm given some tablets to get it to pass

fingers crossed its not something worse

thanks for the advice guys

subzero

Sith Lord
pizzathehutt said:
I just need to get my results now next Thursday

basically a month ago I woke up and noticed an unusual heart beat, one of the beats was always off time with the rest and much more of a thud that also felt like it was coming from a different area in the heart and then I realised this was happening everytime I breathed in and then out I'd get one of those.

Since then I've been well aware of it that it keeps me awake at night and its still there in the morning so worrying that is been like that for a month I decided to see my doctor

she explained that it sounded like an ecotopic heartbeat which everyone has in there life at some point. the heart beats but it can quite do it all so it sends signals to another part of the heart for help so that bit does it instead and that's why its out of time, she said its a bit weird its been going on for a month though and so I've had a blood test and a basic ecg, results next week and I may have to have an ecg for 24 hrs and an echo.

best case scenario is they find no problems and it passes or i'm given some tablets to get it to pass

fingers crossed its not something worse

thanks for the advice guys

That sounds really similar to what I have every now and then, mostly when i'm lying down in bed but not every time, it's not constant either though, it does a good few fast beats where it seems like it's struggling for a few seconds and feels quite strong and I can even hear it, it actually does feel like it's beating on two sides of the heart like as if there's 2 hearts. Iv'e had mild to medium anxiety on and off over the years which iv'e heard is a big cause of exactly what iv'e experienced, but there obviously can be tons of different causes.

Good luck with your results though i'm sure it will be fine.

yoda

Sith Lord
Mr-shifter said:
yoda said:
It could be worse, I knew a guy got the old umbrella treatment. It gets inserted closed but pulled out open. He said it would bring a tear to any man's eye.

"Knew a guy" nudge nudge wink wink.

Bet you knew a guy who had to have his prostate checked as well.

Bet there is a lot of guys on the forum of a certain age who also knew a guy who had to have their prostate checked as well!!!!!!!

:lol: it's almost like an urban myth finding these guys that had that done.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
Just been in hospital for an operation under general anaesthetic . The most scary part for me though was (and always will be) having the cannula inserted into the back of my hand. Hate needles with a passion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom