Apple Mac help please

lejackal

Grand Master
32CDE8A7-B812-47F9-B113-7D0B534D9BB5.jpeg

I've never used one of these, so forgive my ignorance. Is it an all in one? ie screen and computer in one? Would I just need a mouse and keyboard? And most importantly would it run old 90's and 2000's cd/dvd roms?

edd_jedi

Staff member
Supporter
Yes it's an all in one, I would have thought they would supply a mouse and keyboard but if not any USB ones will work (don't need to be Apple branded.) This model is from 2009 so don't exepct it to be quick, but it does have a built in optical drive so should play music CDs and DVDs fine (if the drive still works - that's a good reason to buy from CEX, should be guaranteed for 2 years.)

If you mean software CD and DVD-ROMs, then only Mac ones natively, it won't run PC CD-ROMs out of the box - however there is software called Boxer that allows you to play PC games. You can also install Windows on it using Bootcamp I believe.

lejackal

Grand Master
Ah, yes, I remember them having different software. I imagine most stuff I'd want would be available and run well enough though? X-Wing, Dark Forces, Dawn of War to name a few?

Latest posts

Top Bottom