Celebration Europe 2 - Essen

Jez

Sith Lord
I'll have a good look into the logistics at the weekend.
As it stands i don't know what would work out better, driving or flying.
A quick look shows that Calais to Essen is just 250 miles.

Taking the tunnel is pretty cheap nowadays and the ferries work out at good value for money as well.
For a car of 4 the cost shared would be fairly low i have a 7 seater so as long as people travel lightish we could probably squeeze in 6 of us.

Personally i'd be happier paying a bit extra for the experience of a SWFUK road trip.

I'll contact a travel company at the weekend and seek their advice.
Before i get too carried away, would anybody be interested in car sharing, or is flying the preferred option?

David Tree

Jedi Master
Joe said:
mr_palitoy said:
Am up for this, though the website says Messe Essen rather than Berlin:-

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/Europe/

:)

Jason

I noticed that too but Dave and a German collector I know on FB say Berlin?

It's all about Essen :)
To be honest, I got a phone call and I don't think German geographical locations was a strong point of the stateside individual :lol:

Joe said:
So Dave could very well be telling porky pies eh? :lol:

I've been rumbled!!!

Imperial nut

Sith Lord
:D sweeeeeet. Yep I am all for flying into somewhere near where the car is leaving the uk and road trippin it to Essen .

We might not make it :lol:

Dom

Jedi Master
I just flew in and out of Berlin for another con. Cost me £78 including 20kg of luggage.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Is anyone getting anywhere with accomodation yet? Would be nice to stay somewhere with a few fans, and a bar :D
Lots of the local rooms will sell pretty quick for this I'd imagine

Richard_H

Grand Master
Actually they are selling quick. Holiday Inn is coming in at €99 euros per night per room for 2 singles. Seems to be a few of them in Essen

Richard_H

Grand Master
Ok then I'll try this another way :D

Unless I hear otherwise and someone gets a great plan together I'm going to book in at the holiday inn for fri, sat and sun night for a twin room. If anyone wants to share and half the costs (currently approx 290 euros in total for 2 ppl for 3 nights) then inbox me. I get paid at the end of the month and i'm looking to book up to avoid the disappointment.

:D

Stargeezer

Sith Lord
I'll thought to post it here aswell, but note that that many hotels in the area in Essen are allready booked :shock: and many have only a little rooms left. So if you still need a room, i would not wait to long.

Vin3po

Jedi Knight
Hey Guys

Just wondered if anyone has booked there hotel yet , i am wanting to book but i would love to stay where a few of us are staying also.

The good thing is you can book the hotel without actually paying anything at the moment and also able to cancel without any fees !

Let me know.

Cheers

Vince

Richard_H

Grand Master
Are you sure? All the ones I've tried want payment up front. I'm getting my hotel sorted this week as I dont want to take a chance later

Richard_H

Grand Master
You're bang on right although all the nearby hotels are booked. I've got in the hotel franz which is 5 km from the messe. Cost £140 although you can get a double for £200. If anyone wants to share costs let me know and I'll cancel and upgrade if any are still available. Wish I had of known about that site last month!

That's for fri sat and Sunday night by the way

Jez

Sith Lord
Nice one Liam.
I'll hopefully find out next week if i'll be able to get the time off work.
Still not sure if car sharing is a better option or flying in.

Richard_H

Grand Master
Check skyscanner.net for flights.

Lufthansa quoted me £126 which is a good price for return from Newcastle to Dusseldorf. However, the above website gave me the same flight for £102.

It'd cost me a lot to take the Friday off work so I should arrive in Germany Friday early evening and I'm departing Monday lunch. Now just waiting for the tickets to become available :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom