Celebration Europe 2023!!!

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I mean you can sell your own stuff but at something like a grand a day you'd need a lot to shift.
The collecting track is basically fan led panels talking about different aspects of collecting. Download the celebration app for the schedule, they're one of the best things
Okay I obviously misunderstood some previous posts.

When did the new version of the app become available ?

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
I had a wonderful day yesterday, mainly due to getting to hang out with the lads and have a laugh. Saw the Vibtage Rebellion guys and the rocket fett talk which were excellent. The room sales were something I've always want to go to and it didn't disappoint. I've never seen so many high end items in one place, unfortunately it was all £1000's.
I'm not sure if I missed anything but there didn't seem to be anything put on my lucasfilm to see as an exhibition? Last time they had the biker scout helmets and some other stuff.

Clarkspie&chips

Sith Lord
8DF70466-FF7C-4673-8DD0-36737D7B23F2.jpeg87F92560-6D2A-470E-9BD3-327EA2D15A9F.jpegE5220C8D-F50F-475F-B748-2A5EABE3DB04.jpeg3F8EE339-FB78-4565-A562-DC0D31F3CD12.jpeg6C70BC10-C76C-4341-B34B-36966E82A29D.jpeg8B12145F-0B16-4809-B88B-A2E2F88D38F9.jpegAFBD39E8-9EC3-420D-A170-3CE285F05544.jpeg7BAB22D9-F2E7-43DE-9298-5D47692CB775.jpegA474F24C-8924-4089-BB98-8661BFB796FF.jpeg

_Lee_

Sith Lord
Been collecting nearly 35 years and have never been to a Celebration. The only places I've ever gone to is Milton Keynes collectormania and Elstree 2012.

Never appealed to me really and it seems that you now spend more time queueing up and looking at overpriced items. Glad that so many people enjoy it but it seems to be very expensive for what it is.

Or maybe I'm just a miserable old bastard 🤣

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
Had a good day and looking forward to tomorrow. Disappointed not to get into the Ahsoka panel on any of the stages. Think they really need to set something up so if you pay for a ticket, you can access everything from that day online somehow.

Billy-Dee Williams was interesting in the ROTJ 40th panel!

BabyAckbar

Padawan

scooternick

Jedi Knight
£10,000 for an action figure ?

Mr. Crowley would get a kick out of that.

Does anyone know if he has been to a Celebration ?

He was our neighbour for a while around that time or maybe after. I
I love the fact something costing 10k is being presented in a bog standard star case! A few ill judged opening/closing and that could be costly

BabyAckbar

Padawan
I love the fact something costing 10k is being presented in a bog standard star case! A few ill judged opening/closing and that could be costly
How does the price of something like that get decided?

I have never understood keeping the action figures in a box. I'm not saying anything against people who do - just that I don't understand why people would not what to take it out, look at the work put into it, the smell of new, etc.

scooternick

Jedi Knight

I have never understood keeping the action figures in a box. I'm not saying anything against people who do - just that I don't understand why people would not what to take it out, look at the work put into it, the smell of

lejackal

Grand Master

I have never understood keeping the action figures in a box. I'm not saying anything against people who do - just that I don't understand why people would not what to take it out, look at the work put into it, the smell of new, etc.
That one in particular is one of around 30 known to exist on that card. You'd be insane to open it when the actual figure is worth a tenner

BabyAckbar

Padawan
That one in particular is one of around 30 known to exist on that card. You'd be insane to open it when the actual figure is worth a tenner
You be insane to buy it only for it to never to used for anything ;)

I understand the fun in the search for an action figure just not in keeping them of a shelf. Fair play to any who can afford such a price though.

scooternick

Jedi Knight
You be insane to buy it only for it to never to used for anything ;)

I understand the fun in the search for an action figure just not in keeping them of a shelf. Fair play to any who can afford such a price though.
If someone wants to play with a star wars action figure it's v easy to buy brand new 'modern' ones to get the smell and feel if that's what someone wants. That's quite a different mindset to those that purchase expensive collectible packaged toys that want to preserve the product in its original format. Same as most collectibles / antiques.

sith-smith

Grand Master

Well, you get the same sort of buzz as you would of as a kid walking into toy shop and seeing all those carded figures on the shelf waiting to be bought. That sentimental feeling is definitely a powerful driving force.

There's definitely an aesthetic quality of seeing the figure next to the image. Admittedly this could also be achieved without the need for a sealed figure, but there's also the challenge of being able to find certain figures still sealed. That Madine is known to exist in around 30 or so examples. But many more exist in fewer than 5. Some are only 1 known.

And of course you can still have the joy of looking at the carded figure and have a loose version as well to 'play' with.

MarkG

Jedi Master
Went up yesterday. Super crowded and took about an hour to get in. Lego, Forbidden Planet & Celebration Store queues were constantly full so didn't get into them. Stalls full of various goodies but the highlight was the Vectis stand...was totally blown away by the eye candy on show there.. first time ever seeing a Trilogo Madine for me too.
Nice to see some new upcoming Hasbro releases too.
In all, it just seemed to be too cramped for the number of people. I'm sure previous events have been more spread out over the venue, or they were alot less popular back then.

BabyAckbar

Padawan
Well, you get the same sort of buzz as you would of as a kid walking into toy shop and seeing all those carded figures on the shelf waiting to be bought. That sentimental feeling is definitely a powerful driving force.

There's definitely an aesthetic quality of seeing the figure next to the image. Admittedly this could also be achieved without the need for a sealed figure, but there's also the challenge of being able to find certain figures still sealed. That Madine is known to exist in around 30 or so examples. But many more exist in fewer than 5. Some are only 1 known.

And of course you can still have the joy of looking at the carded figure and have a loose version as well to 'play' with.
I understand the thrill of the search for figures and I understand the toy shop buzz (although when I was a kid there wasn't a toy shop, we had a section in a supermarket that expanded at Christmas and the likes of Woolworths and Brown Thomas) - so I guess the enjoyment of opening and putting it on shelf is kind of the same.

That kind of money though - yikes.

EDIT: Sunday was the day I had been looking forward to with the Obi-Wan Kenobi gang on stage. I will always regret missing that but several people have commented about the centre overcrowded - I'm guessing very very noisy too. I'll take my nephew to the next one wherever it is and plan far in advance.

Also, am I the only person NOT surprised by the casting of Lars Mikkelson in the Ashoka series?? It was so obviously going to be him that I taught they announced it last year.

Last edited:

sith-smith

Grand Master
Yes, the money can be....painful at times.

I am dead excited about the Ashoka series. I loved her character from Clone wars and love seeing the Rebels characters.

But seeing a live action Thrawn and reference to 'Heir to the Empire'....I must be honest, I had tears in my eyes when they showed the extended trailer :eek::cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom