Does the type of postal service used put you off?

indianawars

Sith Lord
So does the postal service used by a seller put you off buying an item?
I only ask because there was an item that I wanted to buy, but seller was using my Hermes as the postal method. I politely message them to ask if they could use Royal mail instead because Hermes track record of delivering expensive and fragile items weren't good at all.
The response was quite blunt and to the point, 'no, because Royal mail doesn't do a collection from home service.'
Needless to say, he lost a £275 sale with that response...

Nita Nitro

Jedi Knight
I won't use Hermes, if I can help it, due to their inability to deliver to my flat on several occasions, whilst most other companies deliver without a hitch. I live in a second floor flat, and find some delivery drivers will pretend I wasn't in to avoid coming up the stairs - there is no lift, so they are a bit picky. :roll:

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
Not really but if I'm buying from someone who is obviously inexperienced at sending stuff I will ask for items to be packed in a certain way or via a certain means and if necessary offer to pay more upon successful delivery to compensate for the time and effort.

I have never use gsp but it frightens me and that is possibly where I would draw the line.

theforceuk

Grand Master
Supporter
I don't buy anything with that Global Shipping programme bollucks. I won a 4-Lom in America with this, had an address in America to send it to and the seller said he had to send it to my UK address so I refused to buy it. He was fine about it to be fair.

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
I've heard a lot of horror stories about my herpes, but I've never had an issue with them. Parcelforce on the other hand :twisted: :evil:
When I'm selling I normally give the buyer a few options for postage, if they choose my herpes then so be it. I don't and won't give them the option of Parcelforce though and I am quite open and upfront about that.

StarWarsFan

Grand Master
I hate Hermes they are useless about 4 times they have sent items to the wrong address. A few weeks ago an item came for someone who lives around the corner. I do buy even if they are been sent by them but do shudder when its mentioned.

SAVORY100

Sith Lord
StarWarsFan said:
I hate Hermes they are useless about 4 times they have sent items to the wrong address. A few weeks ago an item came for someone who lives around the corner. I do buy even if they are been sent by them but do shudder when its mentioned.

^^^THIS^^^

wrighty

Sith Lord
Instead of using Royal Mail you can suggest UPS. They will also do pick ups from home. Alternatively for Royal Mail you can use the online system and actually pay and print the label and all you have to do is drop it off!!

jedi_masters

Sith Lord
Supporter
Royal Mail will now also print your labels for you as well. Just pay for it at home, pop into a delivery office counter, scan the QR code in the email confirmation they send you and out pops a lovely printed label.

Mr-shifter

Sith Lord
jedi_masters said:
Royal Mail will now also print your labels for you as well. Just pay for it at home, pop into a delivery office counter, scan the QR code in the email confirmation they send you and out pops a lovely printed label.

The post office in Crawley, near to where I work has a self service counter for postage now. Makes life very easy.

db94

Sith Lord
Supporter
Funnily enough I'm sitting waiting for a parcel to be delivered by those useless ****in wankers (Hermes) its a blu ray boxset. Should have arrived today and had I known the seller was using them I absolutely would have asked him to use someone (anyone) else.
He sent me a picture after it sent, he's used a padded envelope so the chances of it surviving the game of football that Hermes arseholes delivery guys play is slim.
Did I mention I don't like Hermes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom