ebay advice

pizzathehutt

Sith Lord
Hi there,

I'm back selling on ebay and wanted some advice

I listed 3 items last week that sold, all hifi equipment

the first item sold to a Chinese man who's address is some depot near Gatwick airport and I get a message after the auction saying in broken English 'pack the item extremely well otherwise it wont survive'

the next 2 items sold both similar things with address' to uk shipping companies and again emails from the buyers saying please pack well the items are going on long journeys

any advice on this please? will my items arrive safely, am I covered by parcel force for delivery just to those depots in the uk and once signed for its out of my hands?

all seems a bit weird to me

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Not sure, but from personal experience i will NEVER use Parcel Force again. I had to take them to small claims court to get them to pay out on an item they broke. It was fully insured and they agreed it was well packed, but apparently it leaving me in pristine condition and arriving smashed is not their fault.
I wudn't use that shower again if they were the last postal company in the world.

China would set alarm bells ringing straight off though.

subzero

Sith Lord
From what i'm aware of your responsibility is only up to the UK delivery address you're given, as long as you have the signature on delivery to that address then you'll be fine even if it happens to 'go missing' after that point, whatever delivery company ( companies ) the buyer is paying to forward the package to their country for them is then their responsibility, because you did not pay or arrange for that service, the contract in your sale with the buyer will clearly state you deliver to UK only. So if it goes missing after the point of the address you're given and you have delivery proof, and the buyer leaves you neg fb you can get that removed, and a case opened for INR will be closed in your favour.

However that being said there will still be nothing to stop the buyer from wanting to return the item to you if it arrives to him damaged, as nobody will be able to prove which carrier in which country caused the damage.

Technically though ( I think ) as it's being sent to another country you can choose to cancel the sale if you want to, under the terms of 'buyers address is in a country I do not post to', but don't quote me on that though, because he's given you a UK address so i'm not sure if ebay will back you up on that one if you cancel it, but it's worth looking into or asking ebay first if you don't want to send it.

TrooperWill

Padawan
by TheJabbaWookie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:43 am

Been put off using all couriers after seeing this video
https://www.facebook.com/hayley.r.hopki ... 915716290/

:eek: :shock: jesus wept, that video, no wonder so much stuff gets broken, had a similar thing with a DPD driver at my work throwing and standing on parcels in the back of his van like it was nothing.

Ruby2511

Sith Lord
TheJabbaWookie said:
Been put off using all couriers after seeing this video
https://www.facebook.com/hayley.r.hopkins.3/videos/10155273915716290/

What a Twat :shock:

No respect :x

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Top Bottom