Ebay Meccano VCJ

Lee77

Sith Lord
Hi lads. I was watching the Meccano VC Jawa on eBay, ( for fun, not to buy) and noticed its disappeared! I spoke to a couple of people about it and the general view was that it was legit, but it would be a hard process to get it AFA/UKG verified. I think that the guy was selling other Meccano 12 backs helped the case. Last I saw it was £9000 :shock:
Hopefully, who ever got it doesn't hide it away in some unseen collection.
Still, if one of those has just turned up, and is proved legit, it may be that there are some palitoy ones hidden somewhere. (in people's collections that don't have a chequered past !)

Lee77

Sith Lord
Maulster79 said:
Do you have an auction link Lee?

(Oh yeah 1-0 HT) :p

And down to 10 men! No need to watch the highlights tonight!
Don't know how to post link but pm your email and I'll see if I can do it that way.

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Thanks for the email- looks good- i've heard of Meccano examples before. Intresting to find out what happened to it.

Lee77

Sith Lord
Probably the old 'out of EBay deal!'
He had a few other 12 backs that finished early too, so probably sold as a job lot!

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
securedownload.png

Grant_C

Grand Master
Supporter
Looks like it was canceled at EUR 12,009.00

Thats alot of french stick.....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=160815937989]http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&rt=nc&item=160815937989

e30318is

Sith Lord
:eek:

I've just had a nerdgasm :D

Chris I don't think it is the same one mate- the "other one" (c12-18 months ago on eBay) ended up being afa graded and displayed at a convention in USA.

I bet the other meccano Vc jawa owner is not exactly over the moon!
Having said that two on display would look the nuts!

I wonder if one of the Jawa trifecta managed to get it? (Jason, Graham or Chris?)

Joe

Grand Master
e30318is said:
Chris I don't think it is the same one mate- the "other one" (c12-18 months ago on eBay) ended up being afa graded and displayed at a convention in USA.

Is it confirmed that it was actually graded? It definitely wasn't graded at the convention because Tom was able to handle it (so it was not sealed in an AFA case then at least)

tom_meccano_vcj.jpg

I honestly have never heard of it surfacing after it apparently went in to be graded, it may well have been successfully graded but no one has ever confirmed it as far as I know.

Joe

Grand Master
It may well be Chris..

Interestingly, 10 years ago this thread popped up on RS about Meccano VCJ's: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t807213/

Make of it what you will ;)

e30318is

Sith Lord
Meccano+12+Back+VC+Jawa.jpg

My mistake- this is the image I had seen, and it's just a regular acrylic case. I think my memory is fuzzy as it was going to be sent to afa, and the picture shows it cased. I put 2 and 2 together and got 85 with 90 85 80 subgrades :roll:

Lee77

Sith Lord
Joe said:
e30318is said:

Is it confirmed that it was actually graded? It definitely wasn't graded at the convention because Tom was able to handle it (so it was not sealed in an AFA case then at least)

I honestly have never heard of it surfacing after it apparently went in to be graded, it may well have been successfully graded but no one has ever confirmed it as far as I know.

I don't think any info appeared on it after it was sent for grading. Maybe he didn't want it graded, maybe just verified? It's probably locked up in a private collection somewhere.
Isn't there a way to check AFA archives to see if one has been graded in the past?

Caswellbot

Sith Lord
That master collectors multipack mock up was the bomb! Man I wish I get a chance to own that one day. (When Ive got a spare few quid of course!) :wink:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom