football wonder goal!

poncho

Grand Master
anyone watch england v sweden midweek

he's no le tissier or carlos!
but Ibrahimovic's overhead kick against england was something special! 8)

PGowdy

Grand Master
It was good, don't get me wrong but i'm not as blown away by it as everyone else. Over-head kicks often look better than they are. The timing of it all was all very fortunate and tho the technique was of course excellent when there's no goal-keeper in the goal it's all a bit meh...
I actually preferred Oscar's last week. Again, no goal keeper but fantastic technique to hit the target at pace from that far out.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Come on Pete!

Its the best goal I have ever seen live! This **** about the gk wasnt between the sticks is absolute rubbish. He would never do that again in 1000 attempts. Truly awe inspiring skill :shock:

Dont rate him myself but that was something else. Simply too classy for England :roll:

What do you mean Oscars first goal v Juve in the CL? This was better than the one v shatkar

Edit oh you mean the one v shatkar Haha was good technique but Zlatans was in another league but only my oponion of course :)

PGowdy

Grand Master
Dark Sith Lord said:
Come on Pete!

Its the best goal I have ever seen live! This **** about the gk wasnt between the sticks is absolute rubbish. He would never do that again in 1000 attempts. Truly awe inspiring skill :shock:

Dont rate him myself but that was something else. Simply too classy for England :roll:

What do you mean Oscars first goal v Juve in the CL? This was better than the one v shatkar

Edit oh you mean the one v shatkar Haha was good technique but Zlatans was in another league but only my oponion of course :)

I mean Oscar's strike from the centre circle.
Honestly the keeper not being in the goal means everything. Good technique but you just need to hit the target and it's in.
I saw Rooney's over-head kick against Man City on TV... now THAT was a goal. Different league to Zlatan's. Keeper in goal, surrounded by defenders and a fast moving cross coming in to him at height.

Dark Sith Lord

Grand Master
Nice one mate 8)

you mean this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PguDhxZMPrs

Yes Rooneys was better but didnt see that goal live

IMO Oscars first goal against Juve was better than his one v Shaktar in the week - http://www.youtube.com/watch I agree there has been many better goals than Zalatan but to say you just need to hit the target? There were a defender cahill i think on the line :wink:

theslider

Sith Lord
There is always an element of luck in any overhead kick that results in a goal - good goals, but very fortunate.. Proper volleys like Van Bastan's '88 and Zindane's will always be technically better.

jackabina

Sith Lord
Great goals there fella's. My favorite remains Berkamps against Newcastle in 2003 if memory serves me :|

weasel

Staff member
Supporter
Some great goals there. I gotta say i think Van Basten's against USSR in 88 was the best i've seen. The skill and technique are just amazing. What a player he was, and his carer was ended far too soon.

As for Rooney if you mean the one against City from a year or 2 ago, did he not shin it? Ie it was a ****ing fluke that it flew in and not 20 yards wide!

Ps, I think you'll find, THIS is the best goal of all time!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpD5SlNs2Ac

poncho

Grand Master
le tissiers top ten.
had he been any other nationality he would of graced the world stage many times
stupid english managers, just because he played for a small club, he would of been ideal playing behind the front 2 strikers of england in the 90's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGWV0APCVxs&feature=related

.Q.

Jedi Master
Ibrahimovic's goal was awesome, regardless of Hart going walkabout!
Le Tissier was top class, but like Weasel, I gootta go for Van Bastens - it's just breathtaking. I'm with you Slider, whilst dribbling round 5 players is undoubtedly impressive i.e. Best, Maradona, I just love seeing volleys powered in with supreme technique, like 'Ram-Man'-Zidane.

Oh, and nice skills Pete!

PGowdy

Grand Master
:lol: Thanks dude.... twice in a row baby! 8)

Also, i was just reminded of Rooney's volley against Newcastle. Years ago. I'm busy(ish) DJing in a bar right now so can't pull it up, maybe someone else could oblige... wanna see if it's as good as i'm remembering it.

Joe

Grand Master
Best thing about that Matt Le Tisser video was the advertisement behind the goal for Sega's Street Fighter 2 :lol:

JuniorChubb

Sith Lord
Wowsers Pete, I am impressed :D

Your avatar just does not do you justice, that young looking bespectacled Star Wars nerd does not look the kind of guy to pull of a move like that, TWICE!!!

Well played mate, you a now a legend in my eyes 8)

Richard_H

Grand Master
jackabina said:
Great goals there fella's. My favorite remains Berkamps against Newcastle in 2003 if memory serves me :|

I was there for that one. Silenced the whole stadium.

For me either van Basten 88 or hagi for Romania in 94? Where he scored from the touchline pretty much.

jabbawokkie

Grand Master
maradonna,s 2nd against us is tops ,volleys are hit and miss to much luck on how sweet you catch ball . as for that other night ,joe hart to blame .he only had to hit target and it was a friendly so there was no pressure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom