Getting your mojo back

maxf

Jedi Master
Ross_Barr said:
I think I am on the verge of starting a new run of something I don't believe anyone else has publicly stated they are collecting in earnest,

I look forward to seeing your underoos collection grow!

wrighty

Sith Lord
I have a side focus in building Legos so they are always available and reasonable prices and keep me entertain for hours at a time!! :lol:

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
maxf said:
Ross_Barr said:
I think I am on the verge of starting a new run of something I don't believe anyone else has publicly stated they are collecting in earnest,

I **** you not, Max - that's what I was planning on!!!!!! ****ing hysterical......

Shouldn't cost a lot of money, and will be cool to try and catalog all of the variations (assuming there are any).

maxf

Jedi Master
Ross_Barr said:
maxf said:
Ross_Barr said:

I **** you not, Max - that's what I was planning on!!!!!! ****ing hysterical......

Shouldn't cost a lot of money, and will be cool to try and catalog all of the variations (assuming there are any).

You're kidding? That's hilarious!

Ross_Barr

Jedi Knight
maxf said:
Ross_Barr said:
maxf said:

You're kidding? That's hilarious!

I swear on my kids that that was what I have planned. It will be a fun and funny (and inexpensive!) run to put together. so funny you said that!

ScruffyLookingNH

Sith Lord
Supporter
Every comment made so far is spot on, I think. I too have found MOC purchases slowing, which is fine is it gives the finances a nice break. Not bought a Trilogo in a couple of months, now and I don't like that!

However, as said, there is plenty else out there to keep my interest. A little FX-7 side focus, oddball stuff is reasonably priced (for now) and I've enjoyed picking up some nice pre-production 2D and 3D POTII stuff for sensible money. I've even been buying POTFII production stuff as there's a nostalgia (for the 90s!) kick in that. All these things are insanely affordable compared to vintage MOCs and the like. I'm very happy with where I am despite feeling just a little lacklustre in enthusiasm for new Trilogo purchases, which is entirely to do with the price. Every time I see some throbber paying way over the odds for a standard Trilogo a little bit of my enthusiasm dies as I know I'm not willing to compete.

indianawars

Sith Lord
You see, I'm quite lucky where as I don't have a collection focus! I buy a bit of everything :)
Also, I'm more of a loose collector, so I don't need to fight over exotic MOC's, etc.

I think people should stand back and look at what they do have and not on what they don't have...
Max, you have an incredible collection, and if you never buy a single SW piece again, then you would still have an incredible collection!

Kenner really did a trick on us as kids with their 'collect them all' slogan... but there's no time limit on it. Anyone one of you could be browsing eBay tomorrow or next week and find another piece of the puzzle for your collection - You just don't know.

SOJ

Sith Lord
With my divorce going through this month I feel lucky to still have my collection. In addition I've finally wrapped up my Empire run which Ihas been over 3 years in the making.

I'm about to buy a new house so I have been reigning it in the last few month so looking at the lower end of the market. Started a budget ROTJ run, been picking these up between £20 to £50 which as been a welcome relief from the hundreds I spent on the last few Empire cards I needed. I've also been buying random oddball stuff- copies of Bantha tracks, marvel comics, badges, panini and FSK stickers and sticker books, stationary, puzzles.....whatever pops up on my saved eBay searches....all for a couple quid here and there.

For sure the landscape has changed, we all know how/why so I won't repeat what's already been said, but there is still fun to be had.

darth_daddius

Jedi Knight
AS a focus collector, stuff that I am after is a bit like others have already said - tougher to find and very expensive when I do. Nowadays, if I find one thing every couple of months its exciting and I still really enjoy looking.

I find the trick is not to let it consume you - have other hobbies or interests as well. Right now, I'm enjoying setting up my new collection room and that is proving to be a lot of fun. I remember in my last house, I'd spend weeks rearranging my collection (often due to one new addition) and that was just another way of enjoying myself with it and re-energising my interest. Its also usually very cheap to just re-arrange the collection, although there have been times when its required a quick trip to the hardware store due to a new idea....

Cheers
Pat

TrisCompany

Jedi Knight
Spreading the focus keeps my interest, I've branched out into loose variants and Palitoy 30 back cardbacks over the last 12 months. The beauty about this hobby is there are so many angles on collecting and what to collect. I think it's just waiting for that click where you spot something and then start to collect it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom