Hello - I have star wars collection on ebay for sale

itfciain

Grand Master
This is a great comedy creation for sure

Starwarscollection said:
Well the way i figure if it was me, if there were all these fakes everywere id pay more for guarentee its original.
So to me the price is right because of all the fakes now And because they are sentemental.

Starwarscollection said:
And I have my own theory on why the fx driod sold so well, my guess is the guy was sick of trying to find the piece that wasn't fake in mint condition.
I'd say this auction does riggours testing on the toys making sure there genuine.
You can laugh at my price, but I know my toys are real (have you had yours since you were a kid?). How many new ones have you bought? have you actually had them analyzed?
I've had this same collection since a kid I know mine are real, before knocking me for appealing to buyers that are looking for genuinity in a fake copy world, yeah it's a stab in the dark but to me they are worth it.

Starwarscollection said:
just typed in r2 - d2 original 12
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Figure-R2-D2-Solid-Dome-100-Complete-1977-/231925091818?hash=item35ffd00dea:g:8ycAAOSwubRXH2X1
60 dollars and I have 2 of them
some obi won kanobis are 30 dollars (most look fake)
i have 30 pieces 30 x 10 = 300 , the dino rider is worth at least 100, but research shows 300 - 400, r2 - d2's seem to go well.
I'm going to just leave it thanks again.

Starwarscollection said:
Yeah I know it's steep but thats the price i'm willing to sell otherwise will keep them, never know I might snag it.
I've won bigger bets before , I trade forex.
As I said I'm betting on the fact that somone wants gaurenteed real. See how it goes.

Some classics here - if this were FB then you'd almost think someone had made up a fake profile :lol:

itfciain said:
This is a great comedy creation for sure

Starwarscollection said:
Well the way i figure if it was me, if there were all these fakes everywere id pay more for guarentee its original.
So to me the price is right because of all the fakes now And because they are sentemental.

Starwarscollection said:
And I have my own theory on why the fx driod sold so well, my guess is the guy was sick of trying to find the piece that wasn't fake in mint condition.
I'd say this auction does riggours testing on the toys making sure there genuine.
You can laugh at my price, but I know my toys are real (have you had yours since you were a kid?). How many new ones have you bought? have you actually had them analyzed?
I've had this same collection since a kid I know mine are real, before knocking me for appealing to buyers that are looking for genuinity in a fake copy world, yeah it's a stab in the dark but to me they are worth it.

Starwarscollection said:
just typed in r2 - d2 original 12
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Star-Wars-Vintage-Figure-R2-D2-Solid-Dome-100-Complete-1977-/231925091818?hash=item35ffd00dea:g:8ycAAOSwubRXH2X1
60 dollars and I have 2 of them
some obi won kanobis are 30 dollars (most look fake)
i have 30 pieces 30 x 10 = 300 , the dino rider is worth at least 100, but research shows 300 - 400, r2 - d2's seem to go well.
I'm going to just leave it thanks again.

Starwarscollection said:
Yeah I know it's steep but thats the price i'm willing to sell otherwise will keep them, never know I might snag it.
I've won bigger bets before , I trade forex.
As I said I'm betting on the fact that somone wants gaurenteed real. See how it goes.

Some classics here - if this were FB then you'd almost think someone had made up a fake profile :lol:

I actually edited that last one how did you get that quote, figured it a bit much.

Anyways as I said see how it goes

itfciain

Grand Master
Honestly - if this is serious (and I do have my doubts) then you will be waiting a very very long time (inflation related) to achieve the sort of figure you are asking

Although I commend your actions in doing some research, unfortunately you have ended up comparing apples and pears. For example, as Gary says the FX you are comparing to was sealed on a very hard to find card - yours is loose and worth about 4-5GBP. Your Fett (non-firing) is a std production figure worth maybe 10GBP - the rocket firing Fett (which never made it into production) is probably worth in the region of 25,000GBP (we'll find out exactly at the next vectis auction). Even your Blue Snag (in red) - which I notice you have changed - is the more common version (6-10GBP rather then 130-180GBP)

You also seem to be eluding to the fact that as this is your childhood collection and therefore is not fake - I hate to be the barer of bad news but pretty much every figure out there is not fake (Poon troopers excluded) - there were millions of these figures made and if you take one look on eBay.co.uk, eBay.com and eBay.au then you will see hundreds of listings of these figures - in the condition that yours are in (played with and weaponless) selling for between 2-5GBP. The R2 you link to is a BIN and is about 3 x over priced for the condition it is in - it will sell before yours does if they both remain at their current prices but it will take a few years and some high inflation to do so

So..... if this is not a comedy creation then hopefully you can take on board some of what is said. In all honestly most of the guys on here would love their childhood collections and if they do have some sentimental value then I would keep hold of them. However, if you want to sell them this century and have no connections to the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (I looked that up) then I suggest you lower your price by quite a bit

itfciain said:
Honestly - if this is serious (and I do have my doubts) then you will be waiting a very very long time (inflation related) to achieve the sort of figure you are asking

Although I commend your actions in doing some research, unfortunately you have ended up comparing apples and pears. For example, as Gary says the FX you are comparing to was sealed on a very hard to find card - yours is loose and worth about 4-5GBP. Your Fett (non-firing) is a std production figure worth maybe 10GBP - the rocket firing Fett (which never made it into production) is probably worth in the region of 25,000GBP (we'll find out exactly at the next vectis auction). Even your Blue Snag (in red) - which I notice you have changed - is the more common version (6-10GBP rather then 130-180GBP)

You also seem to be eluding to the fact that as this is your childhood collection and therefore is not fake - I hate to be the barer of bad news but pretty much every figure out there is not fake (Poon troopers excluded) - there were millions of these figures made and if you take one look on eBay.co.uk, eBay.com and eBay.au then you will see hundreds of listings of these figures - in the condition that yours are in (played with and weaponless) selling for between 2-5GBP. The R2 you link to is a BIN and is about 3 x over priced for the condition it is in - it will sell before yours does if they both remain at their current prices but it will take a few years and some high inflation to do so

So..... if this is not a comedy creation then hopefully you can take on board some of what is said. In all honestly most of the guys on here would love their childhood collections and if they do have some sentimental value then I would keep hold of them. However, if you want to sell them this century and have no connections to the Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia (I looked that up) then I suggest you lower your price by quite a bit

Yeah to be honest this is getting very confusing to me, if my obi one kanobi had a light saber, which i remember was blue as a kid but snapped off.

Is this ebay list wrong then?
http://www.ebay.com.au/gds/Top-10-Rarest-Star-Wars-Figures-/10000000204847739/g.html

Because I just looked at a darth vader on this forum that looks like the number one darth vader with saber for 15 dollars no repco.

Dorsetmark

Jedi Master
They would be double telescopic light sabers and only fitted to the first figures released in US
You have very common version and it's broken

yeah i think i maybe took it the wrong way at the start that saying only worth 100, dollars but after going threw the forum seeing 15 dollars here and there for a figure. me being quoted 100 dollars wasn't a pay out at all.

If i understand it no ones actually said my collection is bad, just overpriced.

So is my collection good compared to otheres or average better than average?

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
It's not a bad collection at all, but it's not great either- mainly due to the fact pretty much all the accessories are missing and figures are play-worn. I would hazard a guess that they're worth more to you in sentimentality than the money you may get (not loads).

Have a look in the Vintage Showcase section at some of the other collections out there, to give yourself an idea on quality, variety and quantity of other collections.

Cazza said:
It's not a bad collection at all, but it's not great either- mainly due to the fact pretty much all the accessories are missing and figures are play-worn. I would hazard a guess that they're worth more to you in sentimentality than the money you may get (not loads).

Have a look in the Vintage Showcase section at some of the other collections out there, to give yourself an idea on quality, variety and quantity of other collections.

Thanks Cazza, yer have been looking since i joined at the collection. There great!

Just one thing , do you think maybe we all should be charging more for these toys are we all selling ourself short?, in theory if we all charged more the price would go up. I mean are we not selling ourselves short by selling a 1970's toy over 20 years old for 15 dollars a pop?

I mean they should all be worth more if i bought 20 dollars in stock in apple 20 years ago.

the franchise is strong. It really all should be worth more in my opinion not just the rare toys

It's all an illusion you see, take goldstar for example was selling cheap tv's on the market went bankrupt

then changed their name to lg and double their price, still the same company but because doubled their price worth more after a while stuck in peoples head.

It's all an illusion.

steve obi wan

Sith Lord
Supporter
Loose vintage Star Wars figures aren't rare ! They made millions and millions , virtually every child in the seventies / eighties collected them .

There are some worth big more , but unfortunately not yours !

My advice listen to more experienced collectors

Hello, me exited again

in my original post i said telescopic saber but broken, but took it off cause got a message saying no proof. As a kid i remember pulling the saber out and in, if i could get it analysed carbon dated to proof it was telescopic would it be worth my time even though broken.

I definetly remember pulling that saber out and in.

Starwarscollection said:
Hello, me exited again

in my original post i said telescopic saber but broken, but took it off cause got a message saying no proof. As a kid i remember pulling the saber out and in, if i could get it analysed carbon dated to proof it was telescopic would it be worth my time even though broken.

I definetly remember pulling that saber out and in.

If i take it to get analysed my kenobi what are the questions i need to be asking to prove was telescopic saber?

I'm going to take it in and see, can you tell me. So i'm thinking a science guy with microscope or something carbon dating even?
less expensive way to see if it was a telescopic kenobi

and no payout answers thanks i want to see if it was , cause i have memories that it could be

monkeyboy

Padawan
Starwarscollection said:
I'm going to take it in and see, can you tell me. So i'm thinking a science guy with microscope or something carbon dating even?
less expensive way to see if it was a telescopic kenobi

and no payout answers thanks i want to see if it was , cause i have memories that it could be
Could I offer you some sauce for that word salad?
Seriously dude, slow down and read through your post before submitting. B.T.W carbon dating? really?
If your figures are so sentimental then why sell anyway? Once they're gone they're gone, childhood memories lost.
Anyway glwts, you're going to need it.

poncho

Grand Master
You have basic figures there nothin unique they are in played with condition. $150 maybe as a lot for the starwars items

if you are attached to them keep them.

if you dont want them start them at a $1 no reserve and see what they fetch. And you will see a true reflection of what there worth in todays market it may even reach $200+ who knows.

Cazza

Staff member
Supporter
ALL the sabers were telescoping!!! The double telescoping ones are the rare ones, where the fine end of the saber telescopes as well.

tiefighterboy

Grand Master
For ****s sake.. Quit over thinking this. These are common average figures you have. Nothing more and nothing less. My ****ing head hurts from this thread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom